2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

I was in a KIA commercial today and couldn't believe it when Alfie, Reynolds and Pat Carrigan came in the door.
Well couldn't be as bad as the majority of the NRMA ads, though I quite like the "look what the Storm did to my car one".

Staggs:

“‘Deano’ has been good in pre-season. He is still a young fella himself, he got a couple of games last year, he had that taste of NRL and he has a lot of improvement. He is still young and still learning. He is loving where he is on the wing. I love having him outside me, he is very quick, so you give him the ball in space and he’s gone. He is taking the opportunity now that Kevvie has given him with both hands. He wants to get better in that wing position.”​
“Deano just needs someone by his side who tells him what to do out there and he listens straight away. I love having him on my edge. He is like Selwyn as well, he wants to learn that wing position, he is always asking questions. I don’t know what the team is going to look like for round one. Deine is there at the moment. Jesse is going well in rehab, he is cruising. It’s out of Jesse or Deine, so time will tell. Kev is the one who picks the team so he will make the final decision.”​

The diamonds and the 2015 heritage, never forget.

Looking at it now lined up with the others, holy **** that WoW logo was an eyesore.

owen wilson wow GIF

Staggs:

“‘Deano’ has been good in pre-season. He is still a young fella himself, he got a couple of games last year, he had that taste of NRL and he has a lot of improvement. He is still young and still learning. He is loving where he is on the wing. I love having him outside me, he is very quick, so you give him the ball in space and he’s gone. He is taking the opportunity now that Kevvie has given him with both hands. He wants to get better in that wing position.”​
“Deano just needs someone by his side who tells him what to do out there and he listens straight away. I love having him on my edge. He is like Selwyn as well, he wants to learn that wing position, he is always asking questions. I don’t know what the team is going to look like for round one. Deine is there at the moment. Jesse is going well in rehab, he is cruising. It’s out of Jesse or Deine, so time will tell. Kev is the one who picks the team so he will make the final decision.”​

So Deine on the right Jesse on the left then ?

Origin Camp: Carrigan, Cobbo, Mam, Oates, Walsh

Palasia:

“Kevvie was really good with bringing the team together with comradery and making us gel. He knew how to handle every personality. Des is more just hands on, he kind of scares you into doing what he wants. It works, he’s been to five Grand Finals, so it’s working.”​
“It did feel like I was coming home, I think my mum was the most excited about it all even though I was only up the motorway where I was living. Now she gets to see my dogs whenever she wants and I think that’s the most important part for her. Another year of experience under my belt and my first finals series last year so hopefully I can carry that experience into this young team. I think we’re the second youngest team in the comp, so a bit of experience is going to help.”​
Full interview:

Totally agree with that. Mariner has so much speed and so much potential. I couldn't leave him out of the starting side, Jesse and Oates should be the ones fighting for Cobbos left wing spot. Oates does put in alot of hard work but Jesse and Mariner off so much more in attack. You win the games with points, not with meters gained.

Deine is only getting a run because jesse is under an injury cloud for round 1.

Mariner is exciting but jesse was among our best in a GF ffs. We win and he gets a try in the 2md half and he seriously might have challenged mam for Clive churchill (just on that, re-watched gf and cleary getting it ahead of mam is crazy, he was DIRECTLY responsible for all 3 of mams tries. Yes his 15 mins was amazing but they aren't in that position if any other half is defending where in his place. Shocking defensive reads and hopefully targeted next year)

Also Oates getting picked in the origin squad is great to see. Slater talks to the coaches, particularly Walters I sounds like. And Oates has sealed his spot by all accounts. He must be KILLING it to do that in pre season and people forget how old he is. My guess is he will have a top2 or 3 career year.

Mariner has played 4 or 5 games of nrl. Very happy for him to be first drop and get 10-20 games Max. A full nrl season if consistent top level nrl is a lot to ask.. or does no one remember 2019-2020?

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Emanon
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Slippin Jimmy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.