2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
No name Cowboys line-up as expected. Another less than a drubbing will be troubling.

Good to see Patston in there. I think we might give him a contract.

Reynolds named, contrary to earlier reports. Hoeter in for Staggs.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 02 13 at 15 05 06 Pre Season Challenge Round 1 Team Lists

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Arthars playing Fullback for All-Stars. It’ll be good to see what sort of back up value he has there if Sailor was to leave but it would be ideal for us to have seen him play wing. Will test him in different areas but will get comfortable under the high ball and he’s probably likely to return it pretty similarly to a winger anyway so should be good to see still.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
No name Cowboys line-up as expected. Another less than a drubbing will be troubling.

Good to see Patston in there. I think we might give him a contract.

Reynolds named, contrary to earlier reports. Hoeter in for Staggs.

View attachment 26044

Interesting takeaways:
- Jensen in the 8 jersey... might be winning that spot at this stage
- Hunt next inline for 2nd row injuries... possibly the 17 jersey in full strength... Palasia replacement as utility forward
- Taupau and Baker next inline, unsure where Willison sits
- Oates in his usual 2 jersey... might be confirming that he's won the spot
- Mariner on the wing rather than vacant right centre spot

Surely for a trial we can take more subs into the game???

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The rules, in case you've forgotten. Basically, two 40 minute halves with unlimited interchange.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 02 13 at 15 22 29 2024 Pre Season Challenge Everything you need to know

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Interesting Reynolds is playing, I thought he was sitting out the trials
Yep, and so he should. Shit's got real.

I hope Tristan gets subbed in for Jock in the second half. Or sooner.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Milford must have heard how hungry Jack was for the wing spot and that had him running to his nearest Burger King.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
So am I the only one who noticed Patston in the trial? I think he might be the edge we pick up.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
So am I the only one who noticed Patston in the trial? I think he might be the edge we pick up.

Nup. 100% agree with you. He was the best second rower by a long shot. Was very skillful and I will strongly maintain we won that game off the back of a few really good runs from him that shifted momentum. Nearly led to some very Broncos 2023 like tries as well. He looked good. I wouldn’t mind him in the squad or kept around training similar to what Frei has done recently. At the least definitely deserves a spot this game.

F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018
Interesting takeaways:
- Jensen in the 8 jersey... might be winning that spot at this stage
- Hunt next inline for 2nd row injuries... possibly the 17 jersey in full strength... Palasia replacement as utility forward
- Taupau and Baker next inline, unsure where Willison sits
- Oates in his usual 2 jersey... might be confirming that he's won the spot
- Mariner on the wing rather than vacant right centre spot

Surely for a trial we can take more subs into the game???

Willison is playing in the All-Stars game, so I assume he would come in for Taupau in Round 1.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021

Didn't pay to much attention to him in the trial.
But going by his stats last season looks pretty good, gets through some work.
Also played centre for a game so that adds to his versility for a bench spot.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Farnworth will be wearing the number 4, just like he did for Brisbane. Now there's a shock.
Number 4 for Redcliffe is right center (at least I think it was last year) so he's at least getting over onto his preferred side. Also does anyone know why different teams number their outside backs differently? I'm watching our match against the Dolphins and our 4 and 2 (left-side) are going head to head with their 4 and 2 (right side). I believe it's meant to be 5 4 3 2 (Storm use this) from left to right but with us it's 2 4 3 5 and dolphins go 5 3 4 2 and then you've got titans running 2 3 4 5. Confusing.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Gaz
  • thenry
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ozired
  • Culhwch
  • mitch222
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.