International Captain
May 27, 2013
2E8C588C 0E0C 4112 A490 9737605072BC

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Current forecast for Sunday in Mackay is fine (break in the rain) and 29c.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Current forecast for Sunday in Mackay is fine (break in the rain) and 29c.

All the humidity makes the hands sweaty and jerseys wet .
29 and high humidity can feel like 35 .
Expect dropped passes .

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Oh , Paps is back baby !
Surprised he still had some toe after the trauma his legs have suffered recently .

B

BRC088

QCup Player
Feb 7, 2012
Adam could throw down a challenge to double the fine to charity and he gets to shave Pat's head.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
All the humidity makes the hands sweaty and jerseys wet .
29 and high humidity can feel like 35 .
Expect dropped passes .
Yes, the Dew Point will be around 23c.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Haas:
“I’m hungry to get better. I feel like the day I get complacent is the day I will give up football. I can’t wait to play on Sunday, it’s my only hitout before we go to Vegas so I can’t wait to be back out there and test myself for round 1. I’m always working hard and trying to be the best version of myself and my family. My work ethic never changes. I want success.”​
"’Fleg’ is going to be sorely missed, but we have Corey Jensen there, he has been training the house down, so I can’t wait to get that combination going with him. And I feel like Fletcher Baker has been really good. He has fitted in really well and I’m excited to see what happens with ‘Fletch’. I feel like he is going to shock a few people this year.”​
Willison can be a weapon for us. He will probably start off the bench at the start of the year, but I feel he will be good at the back end of the year and come into his own. We will see what happens. I don’t want to put too much pressure on these kids, I just want them to enjoy their footy and train hard. You have to work hard to get that kind of status, so it’s up to Xavier, we will see what happens.”​
Parker:
“This is a great chance for Baker to impress. From what I have seen of him, I have no doubt he has what it takes to replace Tom Flegler. His first opportunity comes this week. Footy is about opportunities and taking them when they come. Maybe Fletcher wasn’t getting the right opportunities at the Roosters, but there’s a great opportunity for him to be a starting front-rower this year at the Broncos and I see no reason why he can’t do it. I like the size of him and while they will miss the aggression of Flegler, from what I’ve seen, his best football is still ahead of him."​
"I know Cooper Cronk had a wrap on him at the Roosters, so I think he’s a good signing. He might not have the leg speed or footwork of ‘Flegs’, but he is a big body and a different shape to Payne Haas and Pat Carrigan which is important in the make-up of your forward pack. Baker comes from a good system at the Roosters, he looks motivated and he’s eager. He is only 24, so he has plenty of time on his side for a developing front-rower. I think he will be a handy pick up for the Broncos.”​

Kevvie:

“We have high expectations for Xavier Willison this year. We have spent a lot of time working on his game. He will be in the All Stars game so that will be another step up for him from a physical point of view, and then we will look at Xavier for Vegas.”​

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Haas:
“I’m hungry to get better. I feel like the day I get complacent is the day I will give up football. I can’t wait to play on Sunday, it’s my only hitout before we go to Vegas so I can’t wait to be back out there and test myself for round 1. I’m always working hard and trying to be the best version of myself and my family. My work ethic never changes. I want success.”​
"’Fleg’ is going to be sorely missed, but we have Corey Jensen there, he has been training the house down, so I can’t wait to get that combination going with him. And I feel like Fletcher Baker has been really good. He has fitted in really well and I’m excited to see what happens with ‘Fletch’. I feel like he is going to shock a few people this year.”​
Willison can be a weapon for us. He will probably start off the bench at the start of the year, but I feel he will be good at the back end of the year and come into his own. We will see what happens. I don’t want to put too much pressure on these kids, I just want them to enjoy their footy and train hard. You have to work hard to get that kind of status, so it’s up to Xavier, we will see what happens.”​
Parker:
“This is a great chance for Baker to impress. From what I have seen of him, I have no doubt he has what it takes to replace Tom Flegler. His first opportunity comes this week. Footy is about opportunities and taking them when they come. Maybe Fletcher wasn’t getting the right opportunities at the Roosters, but there’s a great opportunity for him to be a starting front-rower this year at the Broncos and I see no reason why he can’t do it. I like the size of him and while they will miss the aggression of Flegler, from what I’ve seen, his best football is still ahead of him."​
"I know Cooper Cronk had a wrap on him at the Roosters, so I think he’s a good signing. He might not have the leg speed or footwork of ‘Flegs’, but he is a big body and a different shape to Payne Haas and Pat Carrigan which is important in the make-up of your forward pack. Baker comes from a good system at the Roosters, he looks motivated and he’s eager. He is only 24, so he has plenty of time on his side for a developing front-rower. I think he will be a handy pick up for the Broncos.”​

Kevvie:

“We have high expectations for Xavier Willison this year. We have spent a lot of time working on his game. He will be in the All Stars game so that will be another step up for him from a physical point of view, and then we will look at Xavier for Vegas.”​
From Kevvie and Payne's comments sounds like Jensen's getting that number 8 Jersey to start the year. Willisons going to vegas and playing off the bench and could push his way to starting front row by seasons end.

MrRobot

MrRobot

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
I think Jensen has earned the starting spot. But I’d still start with probably Baker. Because I think Jensen/Xavier is a much better balance off the bench.

Having Baker and Xavier come on at the same time lacks a lot of experience in the middle.

Active Now

• Bish
  • teampjta
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Tmac
  • Manlyman
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.