2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Good sign for us. England didn't need Herbie to go it himself here:

Save the date

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

😀

From foxsports on our premiership window. Do kinda agree, that there will be a big hole when Reynolds retires. I hope we go the way of the Panthers 2020 or Storm 2016 after a grand final loss. Over the last few years, it hasn't worked out for the Eels, Souths and Raiders after their own grand final defeats.

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Analysis: The Broncos missed a golden opportunity to win a premiership after opening their title window ahead of schedule in 2023, before blowing the un-blowable lead in the decider to lose 26-24 to the Panthers. They will have to move quickly to taste premiership success with a number of young stars in line for considerable contract upgrades which will put pressure on their salary cap, most notably Reece Walsh and Ezra Mam. The Broncos also made Payne Haas one of the highest paid forwards in the game with his $1 million a season contract extension. Another issue for Brisbane will be replacing representative stars Thomas Flegler and Herbie Farnworth, who were crucial to their charge to the 2023 decider, while halfback and skipper Adam Reynolds is in the twilight of his career. Kevvie Walters’ side on paper is a consistent top four team, but they will need to win a premiership in the next two years, before their title calibre side is potentially ripped apart by the salary cap and key retirements.

Premiership window: 2024-2025

From foxsports on our premiership window. Do kinda agree, that there will be a big hole when Reynolds retires. I hope we go the way of the Panthers 2020 or Storm 2016 after a grand final loss. Over the last few years, it hasn't worked out for the Eels, Souths and Raiders after their own grand final defeats.

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Analysis: The Broncos missed a golden opportunity to win a premiership after opening their title window ahead of schedule in 2023, before blowing the un-blowable lead in the decider to lose 26-24 to the Panthers. They will have to move quickly to taste premiership success with a number of young stars in line for considerable contract upgrades which will put pressure on their salary cap, most notably Reece Walsh and Ezra Mam. The Broncos also made Payne Haas one of the highest paid forwards in the game with his $1 million a season contract extension. Another issue for Brisbane will be replacing representative stars Thomas Flegler and Herbie Farnworth, who were crucial to their charge to the 2023 decider, while halfback and skipper Adam Reynolds is in the twilight of his career. Kevvie Walters’ side on paper is a consistent top four team, but they will need to win a premiership in the next two years, before their title calibre side is potentially ripped apart by the salary cap and key retirements.

I read that this morning as well and in the context of the article and the short term view of the teams i can see why they came up with the 2024-2025 window for us but in reality if we can find a 7 out of 10 type replacement for Reynolds who kicks to the corners and makes his tackles we should still have enough strike power with the likes of Walsh, Mam, Staggs, Patty, Haas, Cobbo etc (who should all still improve) to be as viable as any other team in the 2026-2030 window.

I read that this morning as well and in the context of the article and the short term view of the teams i can see why they came up with the 2024-2025 window for us but in reality if we can find a 7 out of 10 type replacement for Reynolds who kicks to the corners and makes his tackles we should still have enough strike power with the likes of Walsh, Mam, Staggs, Patty, Haas, Cobbo etc (who should all still improve) to be as viable as any other team in the 2026-2030 window.
I think it will be 2024-2025 and then for a year or two it will plateau a little (still top 4 mind you) and then go back into dynasty mode.

Herbie Farnworth. Used to play for the Broncos and England. Hated passing the ball like this.
I’m so confused. Was Herbie in that video? Are we just celebrating the fact that a team that didn’t have Herbie in it passed the ball?

I’m so confused. Was Herbie in that video? Are we just celebrating the fact that a team that didn’t have Herbie in it passed the ball?
Er no. Like us next season. All is good.

So, quoting Santa who was quoting FoxSports;

"Another issue for Brisbane will be replacing representative stars Thomas Flegler and Herbie Farnworth, who were crucial to their charge to the 2023 decider"

What do people think of this? Is the word 'crucial' an overstatment?

BRISBANE BRONCOS

Yeah, as far as I’m concerned, that Mark StJohn can go f*** himself. That stupid moron doesn’t have anything but negativity against us. I don’t give a rats ass as to what he opines.

The rebuild is almost complete & we will start our dynasty from 2024. Period!

So, quoting Santa who was quoting FoxSports;

"Another issue for Brisbane will be replacing representative stars Thomas Flegler and Herbie Farnworth, who were crucial to their charge to the 2023 decider"

What do people think of this? Is the word 'crucial' an overstatment?
As good as Fleger was, I think he benefited playing with Hass and Carrigan, but on his own is a bit overrated. I think we can replace him easily.

Farnworth on the other hand, probably had his best year ever, and I have to agree was a big part of our success in 2023. He really stepped up on the hard carries with Oates out too. I think he will be missed.

Wynnum sending Stuckey, Page-Wilson and Sataua on train and trial.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • HVbronco
  • marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.