2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

I really wish players would just be honest and say they went for the money.
It's not like the regular person can't understand it, football careers are short but it probably comes from the new club to not say that too.

late to respond but I'm glad Kevvie saw the clear obvious choice to move Cobbo to left centre, the position he should honestly be in for the rest of his career, soo long as he keeps his head I think he will be one of if not the best left centre in the game in the years to come, his right hand fend is one of the best in the game, which he has barely been given the chance to use playing on the right, that try he scored against souths in 2022 was probably the only time I remember him being able to use it at pace.

I suspect this will bring Walsh more to the left in games next year and also Mam more into games.

Squad with TPJ
1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reno
8. Hass
9. Walters
10. TPJ
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Baker
16. Taupau
17. Hetherington
What a Fwd pack

The team i think we will go with
1.Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reno
8. Hass
9. Walters
10. Baker/ Taupau
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Taupau/ Baker
16. J Hunt
17. Hetherington

Squad with TPJ
1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reno
8. Hass
9. Walters
10. TPJ
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Baker
16. Taupau
17. Hetherington
What a Fwd pack

The team i think we will go with
1.Walsh
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Arthars
6. Mam
7. Reno
8. Hass
9. Walters
10. Baker/ Taupau
11. Piakura
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy
15. Taupau/ Baker
16. J Hunt
17. Hetherington
TPJ??

What the **** are you smoking?

Would 100% take TPJ back on a small contract, and would allow him to box as much as he wants if he signs on for min wage. Insanely high ceiling, and is besties with Haas.
Look I liked him when he played, he was one of the only shining lights for us in the Seibold years but he has gone full Dave Tayler late career mode, sure you can bring the Haas off field stuff but in all aspects of a professional Rugby league player Haas is the Gold standard of forwards in training and in playing, TPJ isn't even a speck on that.

Just off topic for a minute…. Been back in Brisbane a few days now and still jet lagged. First day went to Westfield Carindale and got myself some Broncos shorts and a nice top with a laege broncos logo on the front. Nice.

Now then, Cobbo at left centre. Yes! Lol

Slightly off topic but karma can be a bitch huh.. hope he heals up though... from the NRL website.

Young gun Karl Oloapu is yet to decide whether to undergo surgery for a neck injury that has placed his immediate playing future in doubt. Oloapu made his NRL debut for Canterbury last season but there is uncertainty about when the 18-year-old will play his next game after being told he requires surgery for a bulging disc.

Slightly off topic but karma can be a bitch huh.. hope he heals up though... from the NRL website.

Young gun Karl Oloapu is yet to decide whether to undergo surgery for a neck injury that has placed his immediate playing future in doubt. Oloapu made his NRL debut for Canterbury last season but there is uncertainty about when the 18-year-old will play his next game after being told he requires surgery for a bulging disc.

Not sure if its been mentioned but Arthars has hurt his ankle but should be right for preseason trials.

Not sure if its been mentioned but Arthars has hurt his ankle but should be right for preseason trials.
Yes, here. At this stage the only player who's unlikely for the trials is Jordan Riki (round 1). If there are any substantial injuries I'll start the 2024 Team Update thread:

Olapu's career choice to change clubs has been disasterous for him. Im not sure who is managing or mentoring him, but to not only leave a club that made the grand final, but to burn every bridge there along the way, only to doing the exact same thing (playing lower grades), but with a team at the bottom end of the comp is insane.
He obviously has some talent, but will need now to work twice as hard to prove hes where he was, let alone get ahead.
There is a future as a 5/8 there with the dogs, but like brooks at the tigers or jack bird at the dragons, its easy to become "invisible" with regard to rep selection or marketing, and remember he was an australian schoolboys captain. Now hes a fringe selection at best.

Olapu's career choice to change clubs has been disasterous for him. Im not sure who is managing or mentoring him, but to not only leave a club that made the grand final, but to burn every bridge there along the way, only to doing the exact same thing (playing lower grades), but with a team at the bottom end of the comp is insane.
He obviously has some talent, but will need now to work twice as hard to prove hes where he was, let alone get ahead.
There is a future as a 5/8 there with the dogs, but like brooks at the tigers or jack bird at the dragons, its easy to become "invisible" with regard to rep selection or marketing, and remember he was an australian schoolboys captain. Now hes a fringe selection at best.
I guess, but it's going to be pretty hard to break into this Broncos team, in any position. The only position that's clearly up for grabs is halfback, and that's 2 seasons away. He would've seen the club bring in Madden, with Mam in front of him at 6.

Mariner and Palasia evidently saw the same thing. We have some serious firepower in the junior forwards ranks. Haas, Carrigan, Piakura, Riki, Willison and Te Kura is a monster pack. We'll do well to keep them all. I'm guessing the club told Mariner that Herbie was leaving giving him at least a window to look towards.

Watching this final piece in the jigsaw puzzle to drop, I can't help but but feel our spine is going to be the best in the business come the grand final. Imagine this with Mam outside. Also watch for Ben Te Kura:

Watching this final piece in the jigsaw puzzle to drop, I can't help but but feel our spine is going to be the best in the business come the grand final. Imagine this with Mam outside. Also watch for Ben Te Kura:

We already have the best spine.

But yea, I really hope this kid lives up to the hype. Got some skills there 👌

Active Now

• Wendall Taylor
  • HarryAllan7
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Astro
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.