2024 State of Origin - Game I Discussion

Take the win but I thought our defence was poor. They had way more energy and line speed. Looked like we were just going through the motions.

And this is why origin sucks total balls. Walsh injured in the first 5 minutes and now likely to miss the next two games. These foul play head knocks are going to start impacting his confidence as well.

They need to officiate origin the same as any other NRL game and stop the lads from trying to kill each other all game. Liam martin proved tonight there can be heavy contact without the grubbery.

Enjoy the bragging rights, we miss our best player for the next two weeks. Joy.
Couldn’t agree more.
Clubs invariably lose their top paid players to a 3 game exhibition that has no business being in the middle of the premiership season.
I get it, it’s a great product, just put it at the end of the year.

The other thing. They need to sack the whole nine commentary team. Throw the kitchen sink at vossy to come commentate origin. No excitement or anticipation built all game and absolutely no humour.

Dearden was really impressive. He's still young but if he keeps developing his game, QLD could be in good hands with him and Mam.
I think Dearden was pretty good, but that edge looked clunky... I'd say that was probably Sua, Cobbo, etc. leading to that, because they kept ending up very flat with him and not giving him space to pass.

Maybe having Val outside him might've helped, but Cobbo playing right centre would be new to him and he showed what he can do at left centre with that GI replica of a run ... oooofffff

We won't be changing much in a winning team but I'd still love to see Fifita in that team.

I don't understand NSW not playing a utility. They couldn't find enough mins for all the backrowers they were playing. The interchange was all over the place. Martin and Crichton were great. You don't need so many backrowers.

Lockyer interviewing Benny Hunt... voice be like the spiderman meme

I know its hard to change a winning team but i just felt we lacked some aggression/hitman type guy out there.

Not sure who's out there but like a Jai Arrow kinda guy? Be interesting to see Fifita's form over the coming weeks and if he can force his way into the side.

I don't understand NSW not playing a utility. They couldn't find enough mins for all the backrowers they were playing. The interchange was all over the place. Martin and Crichton were great. You don't need so many backrowers.

Madge outcoached by Freddy, who would've thunk it

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • heartly87
  • Adammacca
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • Muros
  • Scdeac
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
  • mrtij
  • Old Mate
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.