2024 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

Yes, thought we started to find a way forward with some wide passing between forwards but dropped off doing it.
Some weird decisions from Billy bench wise too.
Felise 16 mins to add to his 10 from game 2.
Collins only 34.
Also the way they raced up I thought was worth some short kicks in behind.

*collins had one of the all time blinders last year to contribute to a series win
He definitely brings the 1%'ers, but when you have **** all middles to start with he needs to be out there taking some actual fucking hitups.

Patty had triple the amount of meters than him and Cotter almost double... Mo had more meters than him.

Can't be out there spruiking him as our number 1 prop when he's only beating Kaufusi for meters out of the middles.

The NRL has taken out all the tactics in the game and exchanged them for athleticism and flashiness. Once upon a time, there was a way to grind out a win. Now it is all about speed and power.
And who gets fatigued first... just being fitter than most other teams won us a lot of games last year

And who gets fatigued first... just being fitter than most other teams won us a lot of games last year
To be fair, that's true in most team sports (excluding NFL). Running harder for longer will contribute greatly to most winning teams.

The more I think about it the Sua and Fifita non selections just annoy me. What is the brain wave there? Especially fifita. Kaufusi played like 15mins. He couldn't do that?
I thought Sua was really good in his two NRL games post Game 2 as well... he brings aggression and physicality and plays 80mins.

I was thinking the only reason he went Capewell was because he knows he can get 80mins out of him and he was carrying Kaufusi to play in the middle ... although he didn't really play him in the middle anyway... so who fucking knows why Kaufusi was selected.

I think Sua could've provided what Capewell did anyway... but Capewell wasn't all that bad, a little bit ineffective in some of his hitups, but he wasn't horrendous and kept putting his hand up for work.

Given how we came out in the first half with our aggressive defence I think Sua could've been an asset for this game and levelled a few blokes.

I thought Sua was really good in his two NRL games post Game 2 as well... he brings aggression and physicality and plays 80mins.

I was thinking the only reason he went Capewell was because he knows he can get 80mins out of him and he was carrying Kaufusi to play in the middle ... although he didn't really play him in the middle anyway... so who fucking knows why Kaufusi was selected.

I think Sua could've provided what Capewell did anyway... but Capewell wasn't all that bad, a little bit ineffective in some of his hitups, but he wasn't horrendous and kept putting his hand up for work
Yeah I thought Capewell was ok for what he is now. But you are never going to get much more from him. Sua could have played that role.

No Munster, no Tino, no Gilbert, no Flegler.

They are fucking massive losses. Even Arrow is a big loss because he brings a lot of aggression.

We were up against it from the start and I think this result was always going to happen.

Yeah I thought Capewell was ok for what he is now. But you are never going to get much more from him. Sua could have played that role.
Yeah I think Sua brings everything that Capewell does, but has more physicality and aggression, probably more impact in his hitups, but you probably can't move him to the outside backs... which wouldn't have mattered with Ponga on the bench.

Could've also carried Fifita then and moved Sua to the middle, which I think he could definitely handle, because he's put some size on in recent years.

No Munster, no Tino, no Gilbert, no Flegler.

They are fucking massive losses. Even Arrow is a big loss because he brings a lot of aggression.

We were up against it from the start and I think this result was always going to happen.
Yeah Arrow is a big loss that gets forgotten about... I think he definitely makes the team if he's not carrying that injury all year.

We needed middles this series and Arrow brings workrate and aggression.

I don't think Munster is a big off, Dearden played out of his skin, alot of edge plays lost off Walsh with wingers not in position though, notably Holmes in no mans land.

Yeah Arrow is a big loss that gets forgotten about... I think he definitely makes the team if he's not carrying that injury all year.

We needed middles this series and Arrow brings workrate and aggression.
I am pretty sure Arrow is on the outer though isn't he? Ever since that little fling he had in origin camp a few years ago. I'm not sure they pick him even if he was 100%

I don't think Munster is a big off, Dearden played out of his skin, alot of edge plays lost off Walsh with wingers not in position though, notably Holmes in no mans land.
Dearden was great. Munster just brings a bit of off the cuff stuff that this team needs. Hard to say whether he makes the difference overall though.

Really annoyed me when Dearden made that break in the first half and had zero support. Someone should have been there pushing up and be close enough to him to get a pass or position themselves for a chip kick

Dearden was great. Munster just brings a bit of off the cuff stuff that this team needs. Hard to say whether he makes the difference overall though.
Love Tom but Munster just has x factor. His ability to stand and offload, get 2 defenders interested, maybe wouldn't change the result but a close game like that, he probably makes something happen.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • TimWhatley
  • lynx000
  • scobie
  • Matheos
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.