A Really Neat Little Ice-Breaker

My favourite victory will be when Hook coaches the team to:

1. left side - some terrific tries scored there: use that side ... use it a lot
2. right side - Prince > Gillett > Hodges > Kahu or whoever is there
3. edge plays - dummy half > Prince or Wallace + decoys = hole > Gillett or Glenn
4. up the middle - dummy half > prop who passes/offloads and doesn't just die with the ball
5. Get the ball out wide in all thirds - not just their red zone (like we used to when Lockyer called the plays)

Oh, and support play and, defensive line speed

I think I'll be waiting a long time

You've been a member for 9 days and you make this thread? That's like me house sitting for someone and organising a Neighborhood watch meeting.
:loool: My favourite win under Griffin is against the Dragons, since Lockyer left... Well nothing stands out as a particularly good win.

You've been a member for 9 days and you make this thread? That's like me house sitting for someone and organising a Neighborhood watch meeting.

Yeah faithinhook .....get back in line.

Only the cool kids get to make threads 'round here.
cool0044.gif

I like him. You're by me, Faith.

So, I thought to kick things off, it would be really neat to get everybody, old and new, to write a few words about their favorite Broncos win over the past 1-2 years. To make things easy, why don't we just make it 'favorite/best win since Hook has been Head Coach'?!

Really looking forward to your responses on this one!

The Warriors semi final at Suncorp 2011....we flogged 'em by 30 points.

Manu Dropavei had me in stitches......:loool:

Kiwis are only on a small rung above NSWankers .......love putting shit on all my new Zuland frends.

Oh god, how do I stop at one? It's been so long since we've had that winning feeling that I just love to sit here and get drunk on past victories.

Round 15 2011 vs. Dragons - Coming off the Game II defeat, it was good to see the Broncos show the defending premiers up with a vintage performance.

Round 22 2011 vs. Warriors - Arguably one of the better games of the past few years. Warriors scored a couple scintillating tries but the Broncos held firm and came out on top thanks to another clutch Wallace field goal.

Both finals wins were great. It seemed like we paced ourselves beautifully.

Round 3 2012 vs. Souths - For every reason we should have lost this match. A couple controversial calls went against us to gift Souths a two try lead and then of course there was the collective agony every Broncos fan felt when star back Jharal Yow Yeh suffered his unbelievable ankle injury. However, the boys showed a ton of character and despite Souths best effort to put the match away, the Broncos stuck in there and came out on top. Was very proud of my club that night.

Round 7 2012 vs. Canberra - Signs for the future were looking good that night as Norman/Hunt combined perfectly to flog a luckless Raiders 30-6 at home.

Round 2 2013 vs. Dragons - Dragons had all the ball and territory but the Broncos refused to yield and ended up winning late to the tune of 22-6. Like the Rabbitohs game, this was one of those matches where everything that went wrong did but our character remained intact through out.

Yeah that Souths game was an amazing win.

Hoffman bagging a triple in the Cowboys game round 23, Joey was going on about how good he'll be in the future.

Today he's doing alright I spose.

Last edited:
My favourite team was the Powers Bitter Broncos. They were heaps better than the NRMA Broncos.

Pfft - everyone knows that the jockey-like Traveland Broncos are where it's at!

Pfft - everyone knows that the jockey-like Traveland Broncos are where it's at!

Interesting looking at the Broncos' sponsors.

Powers: defunct
Traveland: defunct
Ansett: defunct
131 shop: defunct
WOW: defunct

Only Ergon Energy and NRMA are still standing.

If I was NRMA I would be running for the bunker asap.

Maybe we should bring back the dislike button for that post?

Unread

Active Now

• davidp
  • teampjta
  • thenry
  • Bucking Beads
  • john1420
  • Pablo
  • johnny plath
  • bb_gun
  • Stix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.