OFFICIAL Adam Reynolds Becomes A Bronco From 2022

As others have said I have absolutely no issues with how Reynolds has spoken and respect him more. As the captain of his current club to act any different would be very disrespectful.

Wayne Bennett on Reynolds, starting with his advice on whether to join Brisbane:

“It was favourable. The Broncos have been a great club and it is a great city Brisbane. He has got a young family and he will enjoy his time here and the Broncos have got a wonderful player coming here. It is what he brings off the field as well he is a really special bloke. South Sydney will be sorry to lose him and we all are, but that’s the way it worked out."

“It wasn’t his fault or the club’s fault it is just the situation we find ourselves in with the salary cap. But he has made a good choice I know he is happy with it and he will make a difference.”

“It doesn’t matter who we let go we would have copped it. It is a business and unfortunately that’s what it is. He had to look after his future and the club had to look after what they saw as their best interests going forward."

“It is not like there wasn’t an offer on the table there for him it was just that it wasn’t the amount he could get somewhere else and the time he could get with a guaranteed three years. He has to look after himself and he has a young family and he’s got to do what’s right by them.”

“No there is no truth to that (Reynold's departure being linked to Cody Walker's future). That has nothing to do with it at all. Cody is not off contract until 2022 so we won’t start going through that process until this time next year and they will know where they are with the salary cap and what they can offer and what they can’t offer. But that had no truth whatsoever.”

“I like his calmness and his fun. He is not as bad as Alf or as big a pest as Alf, but he is not far off. He can be a bit of a pest."

“He has got a great sense of humour and a really balanced guy. I take captaincy of a club extremely seriously and I had a couple of guys there that could do the job, but I wanted him to do the job. I just thought he had all those attributes that makes good captains and great teammates."

“That’s why he will fit in at Brisbane because he brings those qualities and that’s what they will get the most benefit out of. He is not going to score 80 metre tries because that is not what he does, but he is going to help other guys score 80 metre tries and that’s what they lack right now.”

“Alf has never been replaced. Kevin did a great job there in 2000. Kevin was a wonderful halfback in his own right."

“Since that time there have been a lot of young men to play halfback at the Broncos and it has been a little bit of an Achilles heel for the Broncos for a long time. Ben Hunt did a good job there as well, but it has just been a tough area halves and five-eighths.”

McHunt

Wayne Bennett on Reynolds, starting with his advice on whether to join Brisbane:

“It was favourable. The Broncos have been a great club and it is a great city Brisbane. He has got a young family and he will enjoy his time here and the Broncos have got a wonderful player coming here. It is what he brings off the field as well he is a really special bloke. South Sydney will be sorry to lose him and we all are, but that’s the way it worked out."

“It wasn’t his fault or the club’s fault it is just the situation we find ourselves in with the salary cap. But he has made a good choice I know he is happy with it and he will make a difference.”

“It doesn’t matter who we let go we would have copped it. It is a business and unfortunately that’s what it is. He had to look after his future and the club had to look after what they saw as their best interests going forward."

“It is not like there wasn’t an offer on the table there for him it was just that it wasn’t the amount he could get somewhere else and the time he could get with a guaranteed three years. He has to look after himself and he has a young family and he’s got to do what’s right by them.”

“No there is no truth to that (Reynold's departure being linked to Cody Walker's future). That has nothing to do with it at all. Cody is not off contract until 2022 so we won’t start going through that process until this time next year and they will know where they are with the salary cap and what they can offer and what they can’t offer. But that had no truth whatsoever.”

“I like his calmness and his fun. He is not as bad as Alf or as big a pest as Alf, but he is not far off. He can be a bit of a pest."

“He has got a great sense of humour and a really balanced guy. I take captaincy of a club extremely seriously and I had a couple of guys there that could do the job, but I wanted him to do the job. I just thought he had all those attributes that makes good captains and great teammates."

“That’s why he will fit in at Brisbane because he brings those qualities and that’s what they will get the most benefit out of. He is not going to score 80 metre tries because that is not what he does, but he is going to help other guys score 80 metre tries and that’s what they lack right now.”

“Alf has never been replaced. Kevin did a great job there in 2000. Kevin was a wonderful halfback in his own right."

“Since that time there have been a lot of young men to play halfback at the Broncos and it has been a little bit of an Achilles heel for the Broncos for a long time. Ben Hunt did a good job there as well, but it has just been a tough area halves and five-eighths.”

McHunt
I thought Locky was a Not bad 5/8 that came later. Astonished Benny seemed to have forgot that.

Wayne to Broncs is REALLY gaining legs, he is already talking about South as 'them' and glowing in his praise of the Broncs as a club.

Wayne to Broncs is REALLY gaining legs, he is already talking about South as 'them' and glowing in his praise of the Broncs as a club.
And giving Kevvie a bit of a tug there too.

It's been a good week for the club, a big win tonight and all of a sudden there's a different feel around the place
I've had my hopes dashed before as have so many others. I'd love a big win but would cop a 1-12. 13+ a dream. I hope we do a Melbourne and just not get sick of scoring! The old Broncos were utterly merciless.

Pretty funny reading the jibes about Reynolds' age.

Some facts:

- Locky retired at 34, the same age Reynolds will be at end of contract
- Thurston retired at 37
- Smith retired at 37
- Joey retired at 32 due to his neck (and probably other issues)
- Peter Stirling at 32
- Walters himself at 34
- Stuart at 33
- Alfie at 36
- and Sydney's favourite half (Terry Lamb) at 35

But hey Media & Co, let's not let facts get in the way of reality. As far as I see it, we have signed Reynolds near his peak and even at the end of his contract - compared to his near-peers in the past 20 years - will have been a great investment.

Pretty funny reading the jibes about Reynolds' age.

Some facts:

- Locky retired at 34, the same age Reynolds will be at end of contract
- Thurston retired at 37
- Smith retired at 37
- Joey retired at 32 due to his neck (and probably other issues)
- Peter Stirling at 32
- Walters himself at 34
- Stuart at 33
- Alfie at 36
- and Sydney's favourite half (Terry Lamb) at 35

But hey Media & Co, let's not let facts get in the way of reality. As far as I see it, we have signed Reynolds near his peak and even at the end of his contract - compared to his near-peers in the past 20 years - will have been a great investment.

Cronk retired at 35 and was still arguably playing some of his best footy (despite the injuries).

I'm not overly worried about the age of Reynolds, I'm only worried about the hamstring injuries coming back. He had a bad one in the preliminary finals in 2012, and kept re-injuring it over the years, I believe. He suffered a hamstring 'twinge' as recently as a few months ago. It's something our medical staff will have to be absolutely on top of.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Harry Sack
  • Kev_Guz
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Tim K
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Behind enemy lines
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • ozzball
  • Allo
  • kman
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.