NEWS Alex Glenn reveals worry over possible one-year Broncos contract

BroncsFan

NRL Player
I thought there was an article where Paix was saying he sees his time at hooker as a bonus to add to his game rather than being a concerted effort from him to become a hooker.

There was talk of Broncos hierarchy looking to make him a hooker, but now that Turps has arrived on the scene and Milf is at fullback could they be wanting to look at a Paix / Dearden halves combo in the future??

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
If we view Paix as a 9 then I get the feeling that Seibold sees Turps as a permanent feature in the halves.
I doubt it ... He has been playing halves out of necessity ... In the long run, it will help his game at hooker.

Dazza 92

QCup Player
Siebs coached Cook so its easy to imagine hed be happy to find another like-minded 9 with similar skill sets; fact is every club is trying to find another Damien Cook cause his skills suit the modern game so well..

Paix might well gets his chance next year from the bench as replacement hooker. Another nail in Seggys coffin too...

pagey

NRL Captain
T
Siebs coached Cook so its easy to imagine hed be happy to find another like-minded 9 with similar skill sets; fact is every club is trying to find another Damien Cook cause his skills suit the modern game so well..

Paix might well gets his chance next year from the bench as replacement hooker. Another nail in Seggys coffin too...
They were already thinking paix at 9 before seibold was even in our plans, but I'm sure he wants to be a 7.

ostin86

QCup Player
That would make absolutely no sense long term. Paix is way more of a half than Turpin is and Turpin is straight up a hooker, not a half.
I thoroughly agree with you. I just thought I had read a couple of times that the club wants to make Paix a 9. Also, Seibs seems fairly persistent with keeping Turps in the halves which concerns me. Personally I'm hoping Paix ends up nabbing the 6 jumper.
- Merged

I doubt it ... He has been playing halves out of necessity ... In the long run, it will help his game at hooker.
I hope your right mate.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
I thoroughly agree with you. I just thought I had read a couple of times that the club wants to make Paix a 9. Also, Seibs seems fairly persistent with keeping Turps in the halves which concerns me. Personally I'm hoping Paix ends up nabbing the 6 jumper.
relax ... Turps is exactly the type of hooker Seibs likes. not to mention he is a big Dearden fan, and Dearden will be back at halfback in round 1 next year.

this time at halves will benefit Turps in the long run as well.

ostin86

QCup Player
relax ... Turps is exactly the type of hooker Seibs likes. not to mention he is a big Dearden fan, and Dearden will be back at halfback in round 1 next year.

this time at halves will benefit Turps in the long run as well.
A spine of Milf, Paix, Dearden and Turpin playing as a cohesive unit would have some real attacking potential.

Jedhead

NRL Player
A spine of Milf, Paix, Dearden and Turpin playing as a cohesive unit would have some real attacking potential.
Provided they get a full pre-season to work together and they all manage to stay on the field for the full season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter