Alex Mc Kinnon our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
For those that dont know yet:

No Cookies | Fox Sports

Ive heard he will be having surgery, the extent of his injury at this time to me is unknown other than a bad neck injury.

This thread wasnt started so a debate can start on if he contributed to his injury or not by ducking/tucking his head. If he wasnt put in that postion it would never have ended like this... simples.

If you wish to debate it can someone please start another thread.

So to Alex McKinnon, from all of us here at BHQ, we wish you all the best. We hope and pray that your injury is not as serious as first thought and that you will be running around the field again in no time.

Love and respect

The BHQ Community.

It's moments like these that really puts a lot of the petty moments into perspective.

Wish him nothing but the best in his recovery.

Hopefully he can recover. It didn't look good.

Wow, that's shocking news for the poor guy :( I really hope he can make a full recovery and play the game again.

Really feel for him and his family and am hoping that it is not as serious as it currently seems. Hoping this is not career ending, but more importantly I am currently hoping he can still walk.

Watching this live left me feeling rather empty, the panic in McKinnon's face was plain to see. I really hope that he only requires surgery and time and he'll recover 100%. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Last edited:
Now we wait for the mothers to come out...

The above comment isn't needed.

Terrible news.

Watching this live left me feeling rather empty, the panic in McKinnon's face was plain to see. I really hope that he only requires surgery and time and he'll recover 100%. My heart goes out to him and his family.

The concern on all of the players faces brought it home for me. I know the player looked distressed, injured players always do...but the complete silence and the genuine concern on all of the players faces around him was very sobering.

I really cringed when i saw his head go underneath all the tacklers the way it did. He has 2 fractured vertebrae but lets all hope his spinal cord is not damaged
Unfortunately when he tucked his head down it contributed to the damage

Anyone remember a young Corey Parker landing in his head back in his bald days? I was always amazed he didn't break something.

It was horrible watching it. I put it up there with the prince & yow yeh injuries in terms of emotions I felt at the time.

Its the lifting tackles that I really hate because of this reason. They should take a zero tolerance to these INSTEAD OF THE shoulder charge etc. This is where serious permanent injury occurs. Not being able to walk is worse than remembering what you had for breakfast yesterday.

praying McKinnon has all his faculties in working order!

It was horrible watching it. I put it up there with the prince & yow yeh injuries in terms of emotions I felt at the time.

Its the lifting tackles that I really hate because of this reason. They should take a zero tolerance to these INSTEAD OF THE shoulder charge etc. This is where serious permanent injury occurs. Not being able to walk is worse than remembering what you had for breakfast yesterday.

praying McKinnon has all his faculties in working order!

I totally agree with this. I hope (but know they won't) come down on the bromwichs and McLean to set an example that there is no excuse for lifting a player

I don't think so but it doesn't mean they can't be called before the judiciary I believe.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrMoore
  • Broncosgirl
  • Swordfish
  • Stix
  • Wild Horse
  • LGH
  • Broncs1459
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Big Del
  • Manifesto
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.