What should the club do with TPJ

• Sack him!

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Give another chance - on current contract

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Give another chance - on reduced 1 yr deal, with behaviour clauses

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
I think you'll find he's now relieved of the Project Apollo restrictions for the remainder of this season. The Broncos mentioned that in their statement:

He be stood down immediately without pay for the remainder of the 2020 season and as a consequence will be removed from the Project Apollo “bubble”;
So it's ok for him to go and get a haircut?

Yep, it was not only slanderous but it makes no fucking sense.

Kent claims that we did this because he was talking to the integrity unit and wanted to make sure he wouldn't 'dob them in', so they have fined him more than 100k and made it so he can't sneeze out of place for risk of losing his whole contract. If there was any basis to Kent's claims they would be wanting to keep him as happy as possible, not fining him and publicly stating what thin ice he is on.

Not only is it nonsensical it just highlights how the media can say absolutely anything they want with no recourse.
Agreed. Yet another example of the total lack of sensitivity and awareness of the board to protect, support, and promote the Brisbane Broncos. I'm not up to speed, but did the contest the bullshit charge they pinged Offa for? All they need do is show the Panther's 5/8 stomping on Kink's head without retribution and they have no comeback to their inconsistency being pointed out.

It seems we are swift to punish our own, but very retarded when standing up for those same players when an outside entity gets stuck into them.

It's this sort of inaction that frustrates the hell out of me. It portrays the club as weak and frightened to stand up for itself. All they need is a letter from their solicitors to Kent demanding he publicly apologize and withdraw the statement. If he refuses, then sue the clown.

Last edited:
I think you'll find he's now relieved of the Project Apollo restrictions for the remainder of this season. The Broncos mentioned that in their statement:

He be stood down immediately without pay for the remainder of the 2020 season and as a consequence will be removed from the Project Apollo “bubble”;
It's basically them showing TPJ what life is like when you're not a highly paid footy player and the kind of privilege that represents... yep you can leave the bubble, but give us back the money and go get a real job.

It might be a real awakening to see how the plebs work to know what he is jeopardizing

Last edited:
It's basically them showing TPJ what life is like when you're not a highly paid footy player and the kind of privilege that represents... yep you can leave the bubble, but give us back the money and go get a real job.

It might be a real awakening to see how the plebs work to know what he is jeopardizing
Oh I completely understand why they did it. He's now effectively cut off from his team mates and at a time like this that sort of isolation from the group is likely to be a huge wake up call.

I was just responding to @Stu_9 saying TPJ would likely crack the shits about having to stick to the Covid restrictions whilst he wasn't getting paid

Last edited:
Can I just say, my isolation mullet is making me appreciate a good haircut!

If Tevita can stick to this, he deserves to stay, It's his last chance though and given how strict the conditions are if he gets through it, it would show intent to be a Bronco.

You do realize he's still grossing 450k-500k this year, right? Not exactly Struggle Street!!!

You do realize he's still grossing 450k-500k this year, right? Not exactly Struggle Street!!!
I believe the point would be that his pay packet suddenly goes from several thousand dollars a week to **** all... because he couldn't be bothered following some rules to be a rugby league player

I believe the point would be that his pay packet suddenly goes from several thousand dollars a week to **** all... because he couldn't be bothered following some rules to be a rugby league player
I suppose. I just don't image the $13,000 a week he's been earning since Jan 1st would all be gone! Oh, I guess it might hurt a bit but really, with the right outlook on it's loss I doubt he considers it that terrible. It's not as if he will go hungry or lose house and home. Unless of course he's somehow spent it all, that's possible too.

I suppose. I just don't image the $13,000 a week he's been earning since Jan 1st would all be gone! Oh, I guess it might hurt a bit but really, with the right outlook on it's loss I doubt he considers it that terrible. It's not as if he will go hungry or lose house and home. Unless of course he's somehow spent it all, that's possible too.
It's not so much the hit to his current savings account, but the reality or visualisation that his salary could suddenly cease in an instant because of a mistake that was preventable.

Noting that he's on a 12 month probation so a **** up in the next 12 months will see him lose his contract and then be entirely reliant on the NRL to not deregister him in order to keep the gravy train rolling on... but I'm not his financial advisor or psychiatrist to know what kind of stress he may be under following a sudden loss of income

So, lets take stock of where we are now with this buffoon...

From the Broncos statement;

The Board has made a decision to terminate Mr Pangai Junior’s employment immediately but any implementation of that decision has been suspended for a period of 12 months subject to Mr Pangai Junior complying with his employment agreement and complying with the following terms: So, the bloke literally said to you "Here, i will be your sacrificial lamb, to lay down a marker to a split and divided player group".....and.....we refused, ok, we carry on...

He be stood down immediately without pay for the remainder of the 2020 season and as a consequence will be removed from the Project Apollo “bubble”; Well thats something, in fact this ends up the sum total of his so-called punishment. Do note he has recieved 90% of his seasons wages by now...

He ceases to participate in social media, as well as ceasing to engage with media unless authorised by the Club ; wow....that will sort him out...more like a gag order (third party payments..)

He returns to full duties for the 2021 pre-season in mid-November this year in good physical condition ; Who decides that..?

If Mr Pangai Junior breaches any part of his employment agreement or these terms during the 12-month period during which the termination is suspended, then the Club can immediately implement its decision to terminate his employment.

If at the end of that 12 month period Mr Pangai Junior has complied with all the above requirements then the Board will rescind its decision to terminate his employment. ;

cont...

Last edited:
...by the time its decided if he is worthy to rejoin humanity co-incides with other teams approaching his manager to sign with them..

I mean, what the actual ****?

This club is split, its falling apart at the seams. The board is split, the playing group is split, the coaching team and players were split....

Here was the Golden opportunity to absolutely go nuclear on one of the biggest fucking reasons for it, given the ammunition the muppet had given both us and the NRL.....and he gets 10% of this years wages witheld, asked not to open his mobile phone to text and can he please be a good boy?

The biggest issue was me thinking the club actually had balls and a will to change...

this **** checked out last year with the majority of the playing group, the seniors checked out when Bennett left..and didnt care one jot who the next guy was...they were done, only interested in getting their ill deserved money..

This is going to take years to sort out.....we will continue to go nowhere, we will attract nothing but garbage to this club....i dont know where to start...?

But im telling each and every one of you......prepare for more hurt and pain over the next few years, the cancers in the playing group are here fo the long haul.

Oh yeh, the message received form the way they delat with TPJ, received loud and clear by them dont worry...

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.