Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Give another chance - on reduced 1 yr deal, with behaviour clauses

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
So he's sacked but hes.....not sacked.

This board never fails to amaze.

So he's sacked but hes.....not sacked.

This board never fails to amaze.

Its a fuckin digrace; apparently this bloke is paid to be a PROFESSIONAL...he has treated you, me, everyone one here with utter contempt...

Well you can get that right back at you fuckwit....you need to get out of our club....

Not allowed in the bubble
Unless he makes his own bubble

Its a fuckin digrace; apparently this bloke is paid to be a PROFESSIONAL...he has treated you, me, everyone one here with utter contempt...

Well you can get that right back at you fuckwit....you need to get out of our club....

actually right now he isn't getting paid

I really don't know why anyone would take an issue with this punishments, with the exception of getting de-registered, it is the harshest punishment, i've ever seen

let's start with his fine. he is sacrificing around 25% of his salary since he isn't getting paid ... on a $650k contract that amounts to a fine of $162.5k

he has also agreed to place a noose around his own neck that if he sneezes in the wrong direction, would mean he has kicked the chair out from under himself ... goodbye TPJ

all that sacking him would have done, would be that he ends up at another club on a bigger contract ... and let's not kid ourself, regardless of what some coaches have said publicly, they will be guaranteed to give him a second chance because of his talent. several clubs would chase his signature. and that won't send a message to anyone, convincing them to behave.

so in summary:

the actions the board have taken, could help us in the long run, don't really help TPJ

if he was sacked ... we are hurt, TPJ will barely be affected

It's not so much the hit to his current savings account, but the reality or visualisation that his salary could suddenly cease in an instant because of a mistake that was preventable.

Noting that he's on a 12 month probation so a **** up in the next 12 months will see him lose his contract and then be entirely reliant on the NRL to not deregister him in order to keep the gravy train rolling on... but I'm not his financial advisor or psychiatrist to know what kind of stress he may be under following a sudden loss of income
Yes, noted. I agree that the contract penalty would certainly hurt and definitely have an impact. I don't know the disbursement arrangements but it's quite possible he might receive reduced monies over the rest of the year.
I agree it will be a harsh lesson but for the covid breach it does seem an extraordinarily steep fine. His on field indiscretions were not an issue prior to the bubble breach because I believe the Broncos believed, like most rational and unbiased viewers that TPJ was unfairly treated.

It became more honoured in the breach than the observance. It suddenly gained relevance AFTER the covid shit.

I really don't know why anyone would take an issue with this punishments, with the exception of getting de-registered, it is the harshest punishment, i've ever seen

let's start with his fine. he is sacrificing around 25% of his salary since he isn't getting paid ... on a $650k contract that amounts to a fine of $162.5k

he has also agreed to place a noose around his own neck that if he sneezes in the wrong direction, would mean he has kicked the chair out from under himself ... goodbye TPJ

all that sacking him would have done, would be that he ends up at another club on a bigger contract ... and let's not kid ourself, regardless of what some coaches have said publicly, they will be guaranteed to give him a second chance because of his talent. several clubs would chase his signature. and that won't send a message to anyone, convincing them to behave.

so in summary:

the actions the board have taken, could help us in the long run, don't really help TPJ

if he was sacked ... we are hurt, TPJ will barely be affected

I'd like to say that TPJ just doesn't seem like he'll live up to the hype as a player and it was our chance to eliminate the poor contract, but I dunno if it's going to make a difference really. Only if he prevents us from getting someone for 2022, but he could easily be gone by then anyway.

In terms of him as a player, I feel like he and Milford are in the same basket now. Both had massive hype on them as rookies, but they sure as shit aren't rookies anymore. TPJ will be 25 next year and Milford 27! This is the age where the real quality players actually start delivering consistently. I thought he'd help turn our season around, but I feel it's very likely he just isn't going to develop into the weapon we thought he would.

Last edited:
I'm hoping and staying positive with you. I was watching those "bad tackles" again and it's just stupid what he has been punished for. Sent off for smashing a bloke under a high ball, falling on Maloney, who would definitely have offloaded otherwise, and that shot on O'Neill was so normal it's ridiculous. The time he's copped for such crap is ridiculous, then you get the media saying "the Broncos need a hard man enforcer" as if Pangai isn't trying to be exactly that.
100% with you on all those points, and was going to make them myself but had already wrote enough.
When I see TPJ I don't see a thug. With his indiscretions, I'd say some other teams have players who have spent about a 1/3 the amount of time on suspension but deserved twice as much as TPJs time.
JWH has spent games essentially bashing people at every chance, and got off a few times. TPJ gets reported and treated like he's playing against 3 year olds, with the added ignominy of just playing for the Broncos.
Fans piling on due to rightful frustrations at the season isn't fair on him. He's hasn't handled himself with aplomb, but I think sacking him isn't a good move for team morale, and as a whole.

So, lets take stock of where we are now with this buffoon...

From the Broncos statement;

The Board has made a decision to terminate Mr Pangai Junior’s employment immediately but any implementation of that decision has been suspended for a period of 12 months subject to Mr Pangai Junior complying with his employment agreement and complying with the following terms: So, the bloke literally said to you "Here, i will be your sacrificial lamb, to lay down a marker to a split and divided player group".....and.....we refused, ok, we carry on...

He be stood down immediately without pay for the remainder of the 2020 season and as a consequence will be removed from the Project Apollo “bubble”; Well thats something, in fact this ends up the sum total of his so-called punishment. Do note he has recieved 90% of his seasons wages by now...

He ceases to participate in social media, as well as ceasing to engage with media unless authorised by the Club ; wow....that will sort him out...more like a gag order (third party payments..)

He returns to full duties for the 2021 pre-season in mid-November this year in good physical condition ; Who decides that..?

If Mr Pangai Junior breaches any part of his employment agreement or these terms during the 12-month period during which the termination is suspended, then the Club can immediately implement its decision to terminate his employment.

If at the end of that 12 month period Mr Pangai Junior has complied with all the above requirements then the Board will rescind its decision to terminate his employment. ;

cont...
Wtf, his name is Mr. Pangai, not Mr. Pangai Junior. If everyone was named like that he would be Mr. Pangai the 28th or something stupid.

the other thing is; whats hapened about his allegations of thrid party payments not made to him by the club?

Whats happened to that? Last i heard it was being investigated by the NRL?

It was probabaly the only leverage he had to keep his job; why do you think it came out when it did?

Who on the board is implicated in that i wonder?

Also, this bloke was ringing clubs out ofthe blue asking if he could join them! Not only that, he came out and admitted it!

Remember what Trent Robinsosn said...

So basically, no-one wanted a bar of this fool on his bloated contract so....only option was to grovel back to Brisbane...and thats when the leverage card of some missing third party arrangements....

What a grub......but yeh...lets keep him......what harm could come of it...good example to the young kids etc...

Last edited:
the other thing is; whats hapened about his allegations of thrid party payments not made to him by the club?

It was probabaly the only leverage he had to keep his job; why do you think it came out when it did?

Also, this bloke was ringing clubs out ofthe blue asking if he could join them! Not only that, he came out and admitted it!

So basically, no-one wanted a bar of this fool on his bloated contract so....only option was to grovel back to Brisbane...and thats when the leverage card of some missing third party arrangements....

What a grub......but yeh...lets keep him......what harm could come of it...good example to the young kids etc...

you are so full of shit, it's not funny

Pretty sure that was cleared up to be TPJ misinterpreting payments from the NRL being due which were effectively cancelled due to Corona. That was just media beat up and quickly swept away because they got it wrong and don't like admitting it.

On ya bike dazza , sick of reading your shit

very well......my autism swings are showing themselves now....this is what this club does to ya though....

I'd like to say that TPJ just doesn't seem like he'll live up to the hype as a player and it was our chance to eliminate the poor contract, but I dunno if it's going to make a difference really. Only if he prevents us from getting someone for 2022, but he could easily be gone by then anyway.

In terms of him as a player, I feel like he and Milford are in the same basket now. Both had massive hype on them as rookies, but they sure as shit aren't rookies anymore. TPJ will be 25 next year and Milford 27! This is the age where the real quality players actually start delivering consistently. I thought he'd help turn our season around, but I feel it's very likely he just isn't going to develop into the weapon we thought he would.

I think it has a lot to do with what happened to Bennett, and equally, that neither TPJ nor Milford took to Seibold. Seems like something similar is happening at the Tigers with say Luke Brooks, who went from near DallyM level to the scrap heap, along with the disquiet amongst the player ranks with Madge.

I am hoping for, if not expecting, a big turnaround from TPJ and MIlf, if not from a lot of other of our players next year under a new and hopefully right coach, and coaching staff (can't separate the 2 from a winning formula).

My only concern is that the conditions attached to TPJ's contract have set him up to fail.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure I just witnessed tpj training with Parker on Parker’s insta story...I took a screen shot but I’m not sure I should post it as it might break one of his bazillion rules. It’s also a bit blurry but it sure looked like him and he has broncos shorts on.

Parker is outside of the bubble right?

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • The Strapper
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • Tim K
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Wolfie
  • davidp
  • jarro65
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.