What should the club do with TPJ

• Sack him!

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Give another chance - on current contract

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Give another chance - on reduced 1 yr deal, with behaviour clauses

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
Forget elite, just being able to contribute at the standard or consistency of even someone like Corey Norman would be a good start. Norman is far from elite but even he manages to somehow make Milford look pedestrian.
We are not paying him to be a Norman though and even playing at that level is sackable in my eyes.

I just don't see a situation where Milford is going to justify the wage without a season from the gods.

Last edited:
I cannot understand how people still have faith in Milford.

He has 1 good game in 10, that's his level of consistency, that's what he has shown and proven.

That's a bit of a stretch..

He hasn't been good this year, but nobody on the team outside of a few of the young guns have been above average. I think every half in the NRL would have had a career worst season if they were in Milford's shoes this year. The team & coaching staff have done absolutely nothing to put him in a position to succeed.

If you just look at the raw numbers, prior to this year he was still an effective Five-Eighth. He may not deliver his best every game, but it's certainly not anywhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

2017 - 7 tries, 12 forced drop outs, 15 try assists
2018 - 6 tries, 20 forced drop outs, 12 try assists
2019 - 6 tries, 19 forced drop outs, 13 try assists

That's good consistency from year-to-year when the team isn't in a complete rabble. Especially considering he's had a revolving door in the 7 jersey over that time period.

I stand by the notion that our best course of action is to hold on to Milford for the 2021 season (his final under contract), give him a full off-season and pre-season with Dearden, the closest thing he's ever had to a REAL Halfback. If he doesn't drastically improve on his 2020 performance, don't re-sign him, very simple.

He is up there with some of the worst signings the club has ever done.

Wtf lmao

That's a bit of a stretch..

He hasn't been good this year, but nobody on the team outside of a few of the young guns have been above average. I think every half in the NRL would have had a career worst season if they were in Milford's shoes this year. The team & coaching staff have done absolutely nothing to put him in a position to succeed.

If you just look at the raw numbers, prior to this year he was still an effective Five-Eighth. He may not deliver his best every game, but it's certainly not anywhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

2017 - 7 tries, 12 forced drop outs, 15 try assists
2018 - 6 tries, 20 forced drop outs, 12 try assists
2019 - 6 tries, 19 forced drop outs, 13 try assists

That's good consistency from year-to-year when the team isn't in a complete rabble. Especially considering he's had a revolving door in the 7 jersey over that time period.

I stand by the notion that our best course of action is to hold on to Milford for the 2021 season (his final under contract), give him a full off-season and pre-season with Dearden, the closest thing he's ever had to a REAL Halfback. If he doesn't drastically improve on his 2020 performance, don't re-sign him, very simple.

Wtf lmao

I stand by what i said.
Been saying it for ages.
He never was and never will be worth the money we paid him, no matter how you spin it.
Easily one of our worst signings.

This is a perfect example of the high stakes gambling you play when you pay ludicrous money based on potential.
Sometimes it pays off, sometimes you get a Milford.

Titans are rolling that dice right now with big Dave, we will have to wait and see if that gamble pays off, but i am sure it is going to work better than Milford did for us.

I stand by what i said.
Been saying it for ages.
He never was and never will be worth the money we paid him, no matter how you spin it.

This is a perfect example of the high stakes gambling you play when you pay ludicrous money based on potential.

Titans are rolling that dice right now with big Dave, we will have to wait and see if that gamble pays off, but i am sure it is going to work better than Milford did for us.
They rolled the dice on Taylor too , he's been worse than Milford.

I stand by what i said.
Been saying it for ages.

He was unequivocally worth what we were paying him in 2015, 2016 & 2017. His first contract.

The second contract has turned out far less appealing, but nobody at the club could've predicted how the last 3 years would've gone. Every year there's extenuating circumstances which can comfortably explain the lack of production from Milford.

2018 was marred by the Bennett saga, in combination with the Nikorima experiment, which forced Milford to be the game manager, organiser, primary kicker, whilst still trying to run the footy as well. He was thrown in the deep end here, and he wasn't ready to become that sort of player at the age of 23.

2019 was even more chaotic, with Nikorima being moved on mid-season, and a bunch of different options tested out alongside Milford in the halves, none of which were capable of controlling the team to a league-average standard apart from Dearden (Which is the best Milford has looked in the last 3 years, coincidence?) He was then shifted back to Fullback because the coach was out of ideas.

2020.. well, what can we say? He's had a lingering hamstring injury for the last couple of months, he's had multiple halves partners again, none of which compliment his running game at all apart from Dearden, who he didn't get to play with whilst he was actually healthy and when the season was still alive. He was moved to Fullback once again.. The coach apparently lost the dressing room about 5 rounds in to the season, injury toll longer than our non-injured list, among various other things which have led nobody on the Broncos in 2020 playing to their potential outside of Haas & Carrigan.

Can we at least give Milford & Dearden a month of games together in 2021 when the club isn't a complete fucking loony bin?

He was paid massive money to come here and be a pivotal player.
He didn't do that.
The excuses made to accommodate his poor form are a joke, There is always an excuse for him not turning up for each game, and the running narrative of not having the right players or platform for him to shine.

It would seem that for Milford to play well and perform for his million dollar contract, you need to surround him with just the right types of players, in perfect conditions in a season with no injuries ( to him or anyone around him ) and with no off field drama to distract him.
You then have to hope Milford can stay fit, and not have too much responsibility to throw him off his natural game.

He is paid the kind of money where you would expect him to life those around him.
Anyway, his time at the Broncos is almost done and i will happy to see him gone.

He was paid massive money to come here and be a pivotal player.
He didn't do that.
The excuses made to accommodate his poor form are a joke, There is always an excuse for him not turning up for each game, and the running narrative of not having the right players or platform for him to shine.

It would seem that for Milford to play well and perform for his million dollar contract, you need to surround him with just the right types of players, in perfect conditions in a season with no injuries ( to him or anyone around him ) and with no off field drama to distract him.
You then have to hope Milford can stay fit, and not have too much responsibility to throw him off his natural game.

He is paid the kind of money where you would expect him to life those around him.
Anyway, his time at the Broncos is almost done and i will happy to see him gone.

So put Walker, Keary, Brown, Wighton, or Cleary, Moses, or Reynolds in our rabble and they will perform to their current levels? Seriously?

They'd get the ball and then stop, look around and ask "where'd everybody go? Heello .. .anyone out there? Guess not".

Last edited:
So put Walker, Keary, Brown, Wighton, or Cleary, Moses, or Reynolds in our rabble and they will perform to their current levels? Seriously?

They'd get the ball and then stop, look around and ask "where'd everybody go? Heello .. .anyone out there? Guess not".
It's not great reading for Milf though when even his staunchest defenders compare him in the same sentence to someone like Dylan Brown who was in high school and not even an adult yet when Milf signed his last massive contract and the kid is already probably a more balanced and consistent performer than Milford is.

Last edited:
It's not great reading for Milf though when even his staunchest defenders compare him in the same sentence to someone like Dylan Brown who was in high school and not even an adult yet when Milf signed his last massive contract and the kid is already probably a more balanced and consistent performer than Milford is.

Don't think he compared him to Brown at all, he said if you put Brown in Milford's shoes this season he wouldn't look half as good as he does in that Eels outfit. The same goes for every half in the NRL, if you put them in the situation Milford was put in this year, they'd all look significantly worse than they do at their current clubs.

The vice versa applies as well, if you put Milford in that Eels line-up with their dominant forward pack, great hole-running edge back rowers, brilliant ball playing fullback and electric outside backs, he'd probably look like one of the most damaging players in the comp.

Don't think he compared him to Brown at all, he said if you put Brown in Milford's shoes this season he wouldn't look half as good as he does in that Eels outfit. The same goes for every half in the NRL, if you put them in the situation Milford was put in this year, they'd all look significantly worse than they do at their current clubs.

The vice versa applies as well, if you put Milford in that Eels line-up with their dominant forward pack, great hole-running edge back rowers, brilliant ball playing fullback and electric outside backs, he'd probably look like one of the most damaging players in the comp.
Oh I agree, if you put him in the Roosters or Storm teams he'd be a gun because there are a wealth of other players around him to do a lot of the work and make him look great.

The problem is though, you don't get the big bucks to be part of the machine at those sort of clubs. Milford obviously wants the big bucks and you only get that if you go to a club where you have to do over and above work to look good, which obviously is out of the question for Milford - a guy who managed to make playing mid week Golf on a Tuesday afternoon look physically exhausting.

Dylan Brown is no where near peak Milford. He's done a couple of good things but I haven't seen him bust open and win a game on his own.

The problem is though, you don't get the big bucks to be part of the machine at those sort of clubs. Milford obviously wants the big bucks and you only get that if you go to a club where you have to do over and above work to look good.

Spoiler: That's not possible for halves.

You can run through all of the halves 'on big bucks' in the NRL this year (and in previous years) that are on poor teams, none of them look overly good.

Foran, Milford, Morgan, Taylor, Brooks, Hunt all fit that description in 2020. They're all very well paid, and they all look poor in 2020. If you remove them from their current teams and placed them on one of the top 5 sides, they'd look exponentially better, and thus, 'worth the money'.

This game isn't an individual sport unfortunately, regardless of how much you're paid. You need good teammates around you and you need a good coaching staff putting you in a position to succeed.

You can run through all of the halves 'on big bucks' in the NRL this year (and in previous years) that are on poor teams, none of them look overly good.

Foran, Milford, Morgan, Taylor, Brooks, Hunt all fit that description in 2020. They're all very well paid, and they all look poor in 2020. If you remove them from their current teams and placed them on one of the top 5 sides, they'd look exponentially better, and thus, 'worth the money'.

This game isn't an individual sport unfortunately, regardless of how much you're paid. You need good teammates around you and you need a good coaching staff putting you in a position to succeed.
Yup - if they also had threats running around them in support like Cordner, NAS, Kikau and co. it stops the defensive line from jamming in too quickly and buys them more time to make something.

In fairness, Taylor looks ok but your point still stands, he certainly doesn't look like a million dollar player. Morgan looked really good in his second game back but he hasn't been on the field enough to earn the big bucks.

Dylan Brown is no where near peak Milford. He's done a couple of good things but I haven't seen him bust open and win a game on his own.
Milford is no where near peak Milford, and peak Milford got left at the Raiders.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.