Allan Langer charged with drink-driving

its awesome. i love the broken heart thing

What's really sad is that the little guy probably only had 3 drinks...

So what else is new.

He has always had a drink or several.

Bannermania said:
I've got photographic evidence of this from one of my friends. Lets just say he was sans-pants, and there was a tie around his head.. maybe even table-top dancing was involved.

He's wearing the old ninja outfit.

Hopefully this isn't that start of string of performances, like the Roosters last year.

Does Henjak like a drink?

Fire him. Set an example. No one, player or not, club legend or not, gets away with being a fucking wanker.

user_nat said:
Hopefully this isn't that start of string of performances, like the Roosters last year.

Does Henjak like a drink?

Maybe it WAS Henjak, but he just said he was alfie to get away with it.

eusa_think

Good, I love alfie but the club can't have double standards, club legend or not.

Kaz said:
So what else is new.

He has always had a drink or several.

Perhaps the fact he drove home after having those several drinks. Unless you have some scoop to say this is often the case

I personally think the club has to sack him. You can't have a club legend who is now assistant coach getting done for DUI. If he gets let off next thing you know the rest of the team are doing it. Sorry Alf your a legend but you should be looking for a new job.

Three players get dirty in a nightclub and keep their jobs (and in some cases, improving their financial prospects), and our club legend, the man who steered the Broncos to their powerhouse years, faces the sack. Our glamour club that everyone aspires to copy, faces a hard decision.

Oh the irony.

I resent that management put themselves into this position, and I regret that Alfie will no longer run around as an assistant coach by a stupid decision on his part. Alcohol is a problem in this country - perhaps this will draw that into further sharp focus.

Caniffe

The players didn't break any laws. Never put lives at risk.

Langer did.

I don't disagree - both incidents were socially unacceptable.

Legend that he is but this is too much from someone who must know better. He knew when he had his first drink that driving was off the menu so it's a conscious decision that preceded the offence.

As an aside and in light of how we deal with other high profile drink drivers amongst whom we have Federal and State Politicians, High Court and lower court judges, not forgetting the highest levels of the Medical Profession in the company of fellow professionals from our Institutes for learning we should, in the interests of fairness and impartiality, consider Alfies punishment.

On that basis, a stern warning, hefty fine and accompanying loss of licence plus a public mea culpa and a contrite expression of remorse should be sufficient. I would'nt expect it to impact on his job as well simply because he is a very minor player, a lowly employee who runs water and instructions and helps out in the training of a local footy team. He's hardly in the class of the upper echelon mentioned in the preceding paragraph, esteemed members of society so the only thing different is he's well known for former sporting glory.

That we should punish him by removing his employment when we don't do that to members of society we hold in much higher estimation smacks of hypocrisy. Sure he's representative of the club but no more so than a politician is of their state or country or any of the others mentioned.

Remember, it's a first offence .EVERYONE deserves a second chance don't they ??? Should have pointed that out too.

Active Now

• cento
  • Jedhead
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • scobie
  • The True King
  • levikaden
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.