Allan Langer charged with drink-driving

Huge. said:
Remember, it's a first offence .EVERYONE deserves a second chance don't they ??? Should have pointed that out too.

When people are killed in a car accident because of a drunk driver, they don't get a second chance to live.

Not every sex act results in pregnancy too. What I'm saying is you can't hang someone for the potential because any infraction of the law and it's possible outcome could be extrapolated to a ridiculous level. If we did that the prosecution could ask for the death penalty in every case.

Huge. said:
Legend that he is but this is too much from someone who must know better. He knew when he had his first drink that driving was off the menu so it's a conscious decision that preceded the offence.

On that basis, a stern warning, hefty fine and accompanying loss of licence plus a public mea culpa and a contrite expression of remorse should be sufficient. I would'nt expect it to impact on his job as well simply because he is a very minor player, a lowly employee who runs water and instructions and helps out in the training of a local footy team. He's hardly in the class of the upper echelon mentioned in the preceding paragraph, esteemed members of society so the only thing different is he's well known for former sporting glory.

You make him sound like he is running the water for the Caloundra Sharks.

He is a former captain & assitant coach of the Brisbane Broncos the best known sporting Brand in the country.

Bruno has no option, he has to go. It needs to send a message not only to younger Broncos but every person who grew up watching Alfie. If You Drink and Drive there will be consequences.

It's a shame but on a Broncos scale it may not be a totally bad thing. He is from the "old school" and I know that he thinks a lot of the modern day training techniques are rubbish - Which has caused friction between the other coaching staff.

Seriously this paves the way for Locky to retire and join the coaching ranks next year :P

man the wheels have really fallen off at the Broncos. We could be the Sharks in 6 weeks at this rate.

#1 Kemp fan said:
man the wheels have really fallen off at the Broncos. We could be the Sharks in 6 weeks at this rate.

Except without a Spoon and with decent players, lotsa money a huge fan base and no Gallen...

draggx said:
#1 Kemp fan said:

Except without a Spoon and with decent players, lotsa money a huge fan base and no Gallen...

you forgot to add BRUNO CULLEN for he is the greatest CEO of them all. [icon_thumbs_do

#1 Kemp fan said:
draggx said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":uzsox1vk]man the wheels have really fallen off at the Broncos. We could be the Sharks in 6 weeks at this rate.

you forgot to add BRUNO CULLEN for he is the greatest CEO of them all. [icon_thumbs_do[/quote:uzsox1vk]

We have made the finals how many years straight? Most reconised club in Australia in 2009. What kinda profit did we make? How many games short from the Big one did we get last yr? and the yr before?

He may let some players go we all would have loved to see stay for sure. But there is worst out there.

We can't blame Bruno for everything. There is a cap as well and some players are selfish.

No, rather than being emotive I'm describing him as he is. He's an assistant, he runs water for a local team and assists at training. That's what he does, period.

What he WAS was a sportsman who achieved some fame for his deeds. Are you truly thinking his past deeds should be held against him and considered when meting out justice ??

By the way, the fact that people grew up watching him and perhaps dreaming of emulating him and seeing his fall is a good thing in some respects. It highlights that even idols are vulnerable and sometimes prone to error just like we, the dreamers are. His treatment should also have a lesson in it and that lesson should be that when we fail , all are treated fairly. Afterall, is'nt that the type of society we crave ???

draggx said:
#1 Kemp fan said:
draggx said:
[quote="#1 Kemp fan":ncke94ub]man the wheels have really fallen off at the Broncos. We could be the Sharks in 6 weeks at this rate.

you forgot to add BRUNO CULLEN for he is the greatest CEO of them all. [icon_thumbs_do

We have made the finals how many years straight? Most reconised club in Australia in 2009. What kinda profit did we make? How many games short from the Big one did we get last yr? and the yr before?

He may let some players go we all would have loved to see stay for sure. But there is worst out there.

We can't blame Bruno for everything. There is a cap as well and some players are selfish.[/quote:ncke94ub]

you can sugar coat shit but at the end of the day it is still shit buddy.

It is not all Brunos fault but somebody needs to take responsibility for the rabble that the broncos are becoming.

We win 1/3 a heap of players go down injured, A assistant coach gets in crap and we are a rabble?

Huge. said:
Remember, it's a first offence .EVERYONE deserves a second chance don't they ??? Should have pointed that out too.

That we know of.

I thought I read somewhere, Alfie was on his last warning. [icon_shru

Only 3 teams are undefeated this season... 2 of those are having Salary cap issues atm.
7 other teams are 1/3 as well
2 teams are 0/3

Oh and its round 3. Everyone is complaining about the players "Giving up" on sunday yet here we are all giving up on our team after 3 rounds.

Kaz said:
Huge. said:

That we know of.

I thought I read somewhere, Alfie was on his last warning. [icon_shru

Link :P

But serious lets not throw something like that out in the open without proof first. media are watching

draggx said:
Only 3 teams are undefeated this season... 2 of those are having Salary cap issues atm.
7 other teams are 1/3 as well
2 teams are 0/3

Oh and its round 3. Everyone is complaining about the players "Giving up" on sunday yet here we are all giving up on our team after 3 rounds.

Dude I used to be real positive like you and try to talk everyone around about how awesome the Broncos will be, but not this year. It will be a long and painful one.

And last yr was gonna be a long painful one as well remember..

We always get hit with injurys. This years have come at the start and may keep most our players away from Origin.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.