Allan Langer charged with drink-driving

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
azza79 said:
I know he has always been a larrikin, but it's true what they say about drink driving - "Bloody Idiot".

Couldn't agree more. But I still think "larrikin" has been an unfairly nice term on many instances. Pisshead and larrikin should be two different things.

From what I've seen & heard over the years, all I can say is I'm not at all surprised by this latest news. Hope he cops a big fine and suspension period.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
that's the photo from my friends Facebook. thnx couriermail. Theives.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Bannermania said:

I thought the pub he was at had the original photo.

B

Bannermania

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Kaz said:
Bannermania said:

I thought the pub he was at had the original photo.

why would the pub have a mobile phone photo? maybe an employee.. but that's directly taken from facebook.

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Gymp said:
The day Bennett went behind the clubs back to try and go to the Roosters was the day the club lost its soul. From that point, players were disheartened and Bruno and Benny clearly stopped working as a team. Since then we hired the wrong coach because our CEO slagged Bellamy off and refused to give him full control of the team so he allegedly took less money to stay in Melbourne. I guarantee we would have a better squad, of focused disciplined players both on and off the field and off field staff who are completely professional. Like Coxy said, stuff like this guts me because I love this club and this is a slide downhill that has been building on and off the field for a long time now.

On Alfie, I am very sad. I grew up wanting to be the guy and idolised him completely, what he did is bitterly disappointing.

I agree with everything said here. Langer has always been my favourite Bronco and although he's made a mistake he could have killed someone. I don't think the club has any option but to dismiss him. What a dirty 24 hours for our club.

P

pedro

Mar 16, 2008
OHH get over your selves don't condone drink driving at all. Sure he will get his day in court & they can hand down justice. It definatly dosnt deserve him being sacked. Suspend him & or fine him no worries happy with that.
As far as him dancing & having fun at the pub who cares,, good on him wish I was there to join him, we all done things like this. The person who should be in trouble for this is the idiot taking photo's or filmimg it. You city people or such wowsers & dobbers.

G

guppy

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'm a massive Alfie fan and I don't care about him dancing in his daks, but the club should sack him for drink driving.

From the outside looking in, Alfie is at the club to set an example for the younger players. He's there to inspire them. I'm sure other more qualified trainers could be employed much cheaper than him.

There was no consent issue here. No doubt involved whatsoever about someone breaking the law. He drove while drunk, and he needs to suffer the consequences. It would make things easier for everyone if he just resigned.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Well if Shane Webcke quit over his book revelation I don't see why Alf shouldn't or couldn't do the same.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
pedro said:
OHH get over your selves don't condone drink driving at all. Sure he will get his day in court & they can hand down justice. It definatly dosnt deserve him being sacked. Suspend him & or fine him no worries happy with that.

The club has to take a stand somewhere.

If it's Langer, then so be it.

Show the others that noone is exempt from getting the sack from the club for bad behaviour.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
tkday said:
What happened with Shane?

He became a know it all & wrote in his book what he thought about toiletgate in 2008.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
To all of the people saying he should be sacked, would you accept that if you ever get caught drink driving, that simply because of that you should be sacked from your job. Or would you consider that to be too harsh on top of a hefty fine, a substantial licence suspension, the public humiliation?? Or is he in a different category to you because of who he once was?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Police Officers are sacked if they drink drive.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
And before I am jumped on, I am not defending him or the act, which was rampantly stupid and irresponsible. I merely make the point that punishment, deterrence etc are to be determined by the Court, not his employer (or any of us for that matter).

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
lynx000 said:
And before I am jumped on, I am not defending him or the act, which was rampantly stupid and irresponsible. I merely make the point that punishment, deterrence etc are to be determined by the Court, not his employer (or any of us for that matter).

How do you feel about Stewart? Inglis?

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Fozz said:
Police Officers are sacked if they drink drive.

Probably not the best example as we are held to a higher expectation. Should an office worker get the sack for drink driving would be more appropriate.

Hey Rebecca Wilson (washes mouth out) has her job after 2 DUI's

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Not sure what you mean Drag. I don't necessarily have a problem with someone being stood down, particularly in circumstances where charges are yet to be finalised, but I do have an issue with someone being sacked from their employment. And if we are talking about the allegations that have been raised against Stewart/Inglis (in particular the Stewart case) I wonder if we would be comparing apples and oranges.

Fozz, I don't agree with police being sacked either. If a person is a repeat offender, there may be some justification. The thing with police being sacked is something that has only recently become more prevalent. Believe me there are quite a few officers who have had a previous drink driving conviction who are still serving. Same with lawyers, judges, magistrates. They do not usually lose their position, why should Alfie?

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
What's the clubs policy though? Surely they can't make an exceptions because it's Alfie?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.