VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Made the ‘playoffs’ (Lol) with a losing record mind you
Right on cue...

I thought you’d rather be wrong and have a good team to support?

Or was that at 10:09 and since 2 minutes have passed, you’re happy to be right again?

FTR; I wanted Bennett gone. I didn’t necessarily want Seibold, but was OK with the choice. The choice was made, so I supported him.

I have continued to support him this whole time, but no longer believe he is the man for the job. I thought taking Luke off (who was easily our best last night, despite you again bleating Milford was) just because that was his pre-programmed plan, was utterly ridiculous and proof that he has no real handle on coaching.

BUT, if he doesn’t get sacked this week, I will still support him. Because I support the club and he is crucial part of it. Also, because I’m not a narcissist who is most concerned with being right.

Last edited:
so assuming Seibs does get sacked then our options appear to be:

Kevvie - lol
Kearney - just sacked himself, great assistant, shit head coach
Dean Pay - about to join the unemployment queue
McGregor - will probably be in the unemployment queue by seasons end
Craig Fitzgibbon - highly rated assistant, seams to be a head coach in waiting. but another rookie
Toovey - did OK at Manly, but always hated him
Paul Green - managed to make a career out of a last minute GF win and a fluke 9 week run

Last edited:
Seibold has proven to be out of his depth and needs to go, but the board, and specifically Morris, are the ones responsible. He wanted to stamp his authority because he didn't like the fact that Wayne held so much sway over the players.

Seibold sold himself on being the Anti-Wayne, and it appears to be the only intelligent thing he did. The board bought it anyway. Wanky new-school training techniques. KPI's. New-brooming. It was everything they wanted in order to show everyone that we were moving on from Grumpy Old Wayne.

Well, they've got their wish, and so did the shareholders I assume, but they've fucked over the team, and worse, the fans, the ones that actually pay the money that keeps them in a job.

P.S., while having the coach hold sway over the playing group has its potential drawbacks, instead we have the power in the hands of a dodgy player manager, who cares little about results, and more about how much of our salary cap goes to him as commission.

Kevvie - lol
Craig Fitzgibbon - highly rated assistant, seams to be a head coach in waiting. but another rookie

Of all those you’d have to go with Kevvie unfortunately. Can’t see Brisbane getting behind any of the others.

Paul Green anyone? lol

Say what you want about the little gnome, you can't fault his passion. That's what this club needs right now, someone who's going to wear his heart on his sleeve and not afraid to give a spray to some players who desperately need one.

Head Coach: Paul Green
Assistant Coach: Stephen Kearney
Assistant Coach: Justin Hodges

Go.

Paul Green anyone? lol

Say what you want about the little gnome, you can't fault his passion. That's what this club needs right now, someone who's going to wear his heart on his sleeve and not afraid to give a spray to some players who desperately need one.

Go.

Only if We lose Fifita and green brings taumalolo

We are all , including me, so focused on the results we do forget the things which altered our season.
I mean when you go through it we have had a tough time.
Covid came and disrupted our start.
The 6 again rule changed the way the game is played.
We built a side for a different game and our big guys just cannot play this uptempo version of Rugbuleague.
Injuries to key players and a decision to let Macca go based on current info have played their part.
All that and the seemingly bottomless appetite of the refs to nitpick everything we do has added up to an almost impossible task.
None of that is to excuse the lack of improvement (regression ) , that's all on Seibs to find a way forward .
If we are stuck with this 6 again rule then we have to overhaul the forwards again, we need mobility and stamina.
Our young backs will be good, our halves really havent had any type of game plan or options around them which is also on the coach .

Last edited:
What are you talking about? seibold is hanging his hat on making the finals despite losing more games than he won. The fact he called the finals the playoffs really just shows how out of touch the bloke is.

@JAHHW

Last edited:
I actually thought milford gave it a real good crack last night and it was good to see him just trying to run and even take some hitups. Also 1 of the few players that wasn't smiling and laughing at the end of the game.
Running around like a chook with its head cut off doesn't make you a decent player or contribute for the team's success. Yes he ran a lot more which was good to see but he actually did **** all, he has to go for the money he is getting

Kevvie - lol
Paul Green just might be an option yet.
Not endorsing it just putting it out there

Kevvie - lol
Paul Green - managed to make a career out of a last minute GF win and a fluke 9 week run
Kevvie it is, then.

Paul Green anyone? lol

Go.
Haha quoted and posted Fordy before I read down.
Yes he's an option for sure.
Wynnum boy, his whole family live here and the stars may align.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ostin86
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • simplythebest
  • Nerd
  • Reds2011
  • jd87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • spanky
  • mrtij
  • eggstar10
  • Dexter
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.