VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
I actually don't rate Walters as a coach but I'd happily take him for the rest of the season. In the meantime we sound out other potential options and if by chance Walters goes well then he can keep the job.

At the point I'm 100% convinced we can't get any worse.

For the life of me I can’t remember but what were we like defensively under hook? Just a random question

Defence back to 2006 (2005 added to push the graph out)
- Higher the line the worse our rank

- Have only been in the top 4 for defence 4 times in the last 14 years
- Griffin had us top 4 his first year, but generally mid table for the rest... top 4 may have been a honeymoon year... also God's retirement year
- Under Bennett our defence was generally top 6 except for 2018

Below has the offensive rank and points per game as well

‘Bennett Ball’ seems to result in some points scored innit

Its really just does smell like the task it too big and not in seibolds control. Almost like bit off more than he can chew. You almost get a feeling he finds it hard to control the group, or has lack of confidence to, and is somewhat trying the gentle approach. That just comes from lack of experience in man and personality management.

Ok, I've got the solution.

I must warn you, it's out there...

Step 1) Storm say they won't re-sign Smith due to the Harry Grant situation.

Step 2) Broncos sign Cameron Smith on a 1 year deal for 2021.

Step 3) Craig Bellamy becomes available in 2022.

Step 4) Sign Craig Bellamy as Head Coach on a 3 year deal. (2022-24)

Step 5) Sign Cameron Smith on a 3 year deal as an Assistant Coach.

Step 6) Once Bellamy retires at the end of 2024, Cameron Smith takes over as Head Coach in 2025 with a few years of assistant coaching under his belt.

Step 7) Profit?

Step 6) Once Bellamy retires at the end of 2024, Cameron Smith takes over as Head Coach in 2025 with a few years of assistant coaching under his belt.

Step 7) Profit?

This or Croft, or Hodgo or Thorn or Kevvie or any combo of them.

Last edited:

Step 7) Profit?
step 8, put down bong.

This is the legit the first time someone can write "Broncos in crisis" and they'd be justified.

Defence back to 2006 (2005 added to push the graph out)
- Higher the line the worse our rank

View attachment 8352

- Have only been in the top 4 for defence 4 times in the last 14 years
- Griffin had us top 4 his first year, but generally mid table for the rest... top 4 may have been a honeymoon year... also God's retirement year
- Under Bennett our defence was generally top 6 except for 2018

Below has the offensive rank and points per game as well
View attachment 8354
Thanks for that

Tallis has mentioned how they would wear different colour training shirts based on their status and performance for club. On Monday they should make them wear a a shirt with no logo, because they aren't Broncos.

Boyd said this last night "In the first two rounds we were playing really well and for each other. Nothing has changed. The team hasn’t changed. The strategies haven’t changed. The game plan hasn’t changed."

They do realise the rules have changed yeah? Maybe they should have changed the team, strategies and game plan.

The best thing about signing Walters for the rest of the year is he either sinks and we get someone else for next year or he improves us and we keep him. There's no way we get worse, especially if the city rallies around them. There's be more positives than we currently have.

Walters might be more likely to go for Cam Smith as his assistant, I doubt Seibold would even consider that. It might work out if Walters just mostly concentrates on the culture side, and Smith will be the guy behind the attack.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • BroncoFan94
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • theshed
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.