VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
The best thing about signing Walters for the rest of the year is he either sinks and we get someone else for next year or he improves us and we keep him. There's no way we get worse, especially if the city rallies around them. There's be more positives than we currently have.
Not having a go at you mate, but the problem with the suggestion of Walters is that if I were Walters, I would not be taking any position for the rest of the year. I would want a minimum of a three year contract before I would give up the Qld position and his media roles.

What are you talking about? seibold is hanging his hat on making the finals despite losing more games than he won. The fact he called the finals the playoffs really just shows how out of touch the bloke is.

@JAHHW
You’re the self described, self assured smartest bloke on this forum - I’m sure you can figure it out.

@Dexter (I think it was, sorry if I have the user wrong) has you pegged, as do many others.

He’s horrible. I still can’t believe that pre-game interpretive dance routine.

Giphy

Yes if it is kevvie... cause no coach that is available we can guarantee will fix this.... at least we know he will fix the culture and passion at this club

Maybe, maybe not....
This much discussed “culture” and “passion” are linked and driven by results.
If Kevvie is given the job and the results don’t improve the the so-called “culture” and “passion” will still be questioned by all and sundry.
Hard work and a plan is what is needed and both seem to be sadly lacking.
All very well saying the effort is there at training and in the game but the results suggest effort alone is not good enough

Ok, I've got the solution.

I must warn you, it's out there...

Step 1) Storm say they won't re-sign Smith due to the Harry Grant situation.

Step 2) Broncos sign Cameron Smith on a 1 year deal for 2021.

Step 3) Craig Bellamy becomes available in 2022.

Step 4) Sign Craig Bellamy as Head Coach on a 3 year deal. (2022-24)

Step 5) Sign Cameron Smith on a 3 year deal as an Assistant Coach.

Step 6) Once Bellamy retires at the end of 2024, Cameron Smith takes over as Head Coach in 2025 with a few years of assistant coaching under his belt.

Step 7) Profit?
Top players rarely make the best coaches. Almost never if they become coaches soon after retiring from playing.

Sign Anthony Griffin for the remainder of this year and 2 more. He would come cheap (keeping in mind there is a salary cap for off-field expenses) and get these players the f**k in line with what he expects or the f**k out.

I don't think Griffin can bring a premiership home but I believe he can move the team in the right direction and lay the groundwork for a premiership. Just as he did previously.

A new coach will do little until we have a Smith type of game manager in the middle calling the shots. That should have been a recruitment priority.

Signing a whole bunch of game breakers and try scorers is great however without someone to guide the missiles, it's pointless as we are finding out.

When is the last time we had a really strong leader out in the middle calling the plays, calling the shots, ensuring the shapes and structures are formed and kept, ensuring that the team spirit is lifted when the chips are down?

The more I think about it, the more I think signing Croft was a mistake. I like Croft but he is not the answer. We had Dearden and Paix as back up half. We needed a leader.

Last edited:
Fair point but i'd rather listen to commentators who give an honest assessment rather than dickheads like Sterling and Vautin who cheer their former clubs during the coverage.

I think you might be a bit harsh there. I've seen Peter Sterling on the Footy show openly say Denis Fitzgerald should be gone from his CEO role at Parramatta. He also admitted he doesn't see eye to eye with Fitzgerald. I'm not sure I would say that's glossing it over and saying he thinks everyone at Parramatta is great.

Kevvie has a bit of aura being an origin coach too. Even if he’s quite average in that role.

He's not that average he has produced two series wins and two series losses. There's an argument he has taken the role over where Queensland is going in a rebuilding phase and the talent stock levels are not as deep as they were under the hey day in Mal Meninga's rein.

He was unlucky for QLD not to win last year. Moses Mbye messed it up in the dying stages of Game 3 whingeing to the ref instead of getting a quick play ball away. NSW defense was set and rushed out on Cherry Evans forcing him to put up a bomb instead of taking a field goal and the rest his history.

The coach can’t survive this, he just can’t.
He’s horrible. I still can’t believe that pre-game interpretive dance routine.
I can't even tell if you're cracking a joke here. That in itself says enough.

Last edited:
I actually don't rate Walters as a coach but I'd happily take him for the rest of the season. In the meantime we sound out other potential options and if by chance Walters goes well then he can keep the job.

At the point I'm 100% convinced we can't get any worse.

Kevin Walters gives up his QLD coaching job and starts his NRL head coaching career by being appointed intermin coach until the end of season. I doubt Walters would except that poison chalice no matter how tempting it sounds. :noooice:

Kevin Walters gives up his QLD coaching job and starts his NRL head coaching career by being appointed intermin coach until the end of season. I doubt Walters would except that poison chalice no matter how tempting it sounds. :noooice:
Walters would jump at the position because he still loves this club even though they kicked him in the teeth last time round
You can see it still pains him every time we lose

I can't even tell if you're cracking a joke here. That in itself says enough.

I’m not joking mate, that gif is what the players were LITERALLY doing in their warm up. I am using the word literally here in it’s correct usage, they were actually doing that, yes you read that correctly.

I’m not joking mate, that gif is what the players were LITERALLY doing in their warm up. I am using the word literally here in it’s correct usage, they were actually doing that, yes you read that correctly.

Someone get me vision of this please. I need to see

Morris:
Well here's proof it's working:

F158bf66faeea791992aada14e147e6b

B881889014z1 20190408102508 000gac1ft38j2 0 dubh096o991aqg4h3s2

Active Now

• Slippin Jimmy
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncoFan94
  • theshed
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.