VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
No press conference booked today, Coach ain’t going anywhere

They arent going to make the same mistake they did last time and call a press conference after a big loss. He wont survive this time.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
They’re not great but they aren’t much worse than the Tigers who just beat us 48-0 in the wet
I'd say the tigers are a better match up against us compared to the sharks... tigers may be a little less talented on paper, but they play with heart and show up.

We can't handle teams that put in effort and play up tempo high intensity footy, because we never turn up.. I don't really put the sharks into that class.

Sharks kind of go through the motions and rely on SJ to pull it together... Chad plays with a bit of intensity but he's not overly talented... and the sharks don't seem to give their dummy half any sort of license to run or do any sort of playmaking. Blayke is a great runner of the footy, but he's basically just there to shovel the ball to the halves/forwards, which is the same way they used Jayden.

Woods, Fifita and Williams aren't high intensity through the middle... so we only need to worry about Braden Uele and the tyros they just brought into the team in Hunt and the other guy (although I think he is injured).

Graham will probably have a field day against our weak edges though.

Last edited:
Tomato Sorcerer

Tomato Sorcerer

NYC Player
Mar 1, 2017
Seems like seibsy has lost the playing group.

The majority of the players lack effort and enthusiasm.
Forwards getting rolled.
Passive defensive line, that stops and moves backwards just before point of contact.
Minimal aggression apart from mostly TPJ and carrigan.
Zero support runners.
They are just going through the motions and aren’t turning up for the battle.
The coach has failed at getting them up for the game. Zero competitiveness.

seiboldy can’t bring it back from here, he missed his opportunity to implement his ‘effort and accountability’ based philosophies..
Time to go..

Edit: Please don’t put up unsubstantiated rumours.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Outside of the Dogs, any of the other teams come even slightly prepared to play football against us, I'd back them in an instant. Seriously this side only shows up for payday.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Murdoch is sleeping as its 1:45am in London.
Wake up and make the phone call FFS.

Why? It's selling papers. He doesn't give a **** about anything other than profits, like a lot of our players

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
I see no point in sacking Seibold at this moment in time. We can't make the 8 and a new coach will not change this. Plus who is available to come in and improve things?
Seibold has got to drop players who are underperforming and are not part of our long term future and we all know who they are. Doesnt matter if we continue to get beaten so long as the 17 players selected give 100% which clearly is not the case at present. If and when Seibold gets sacked he should not take all of the blame and the mutineers should be cleared out with him.
Bellamy as head of football and Smith as coach would be great but it won't happen. Broncos have lost their Aura.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Lockyer will be the fall guy for the board members. He will probably be the first to go and it’s unfortunate because he more than likely has no idea about any of the business stuff anyway. He’s a part of the problem of course, but shouldnt have been given this type of responsibility in the first place.

Medic

Medic

QCup Player
Nov 28, 2019
Make it happen.
Unnamed

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Does anyone know what time they're holding the press conference to announce his standing down?

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I agree with you, although as BigPete posted elsewhere, Bennett is not entirely without blame in this cesspool the Board created, and probably neither is Seibold, but this is not of Seibold's doing so I think it is unfair to blame him for all the shit that is going down, like what we saw on the field tonight

Apart from any cohesion in either attack or defence there isn't a will to win or even a care that your opposition is getting over you.
Any player worth their salt has to care that their opposite number is playing better.
So we have no team cohesion and no personal pride, that is on our coaching staff.

TPJ is a 700k a year pussycat. He has the odd unbelievable game against moderate teams. The guy is 113 kgs and avoids the collision. He rarely dominates anyone unless it's illegal.

Nearly all our forwards get the ball well before the line and go sideways looking for space.
The better sides bring their players onto the ball and accept the collision.

We are not fit enough. It's hard to talk when you're gassed and that happens about 15 mins in.

I think our fitness is a huge part of our problem which is something that annoys me because it's one of the first excuses Piebold trotted out when he got here about how unfit we were.
What the ***** the excuse for this.

Croft did a Boyd last night actively avoiding a must make tackle on the line. Fucking pea hearted ****. Now we know why Melb ditched him. Character.

End rant but only because I have to go out. SO much more to get out of my system.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
They arent going to make the same mistake they did last time and call a press conference after a big loss. He wont survive this time.

He will be there all week “training” the guys.

Unread

Active Now

• Bish
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.