VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Yep it will come this week I have no doubt.
Anyone can see he us cooked, no answers .
This will keep happening all year if pies stays and if they have any belief in the playing group they can't let them be demoralised any further.

1 redundancy package being prepared as we speak.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
He should be gone... we have the talent, this is a disgrace.
Do we though? I'm starting to question if any of our players are actually any good or they have just all been over hyped. We haven't been successful at all for a long time and none of these "superstars" has really actually gone on to be that good. The last young player who really actually dominated consistently was probably yowyeh.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

We really had a choice between these 2 guys and chose the guy on the right, huh?

What a monumental **** up.

That's what happens when a CEO and board select their mate instead of the right man from the job.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Do we though? I'm starting to question if any of our players are actually any good or they have just all been over hyped. We haven't been successful at all for a long time and none of these "superstars" has really actually gone on to be that good. The last young player who really actually dominated consistently was probably yowyeh.
Yeah I'm starting to think this as well... Stephen Crichton at panthers looks an athletic weapon, yet for some reason everyone is apparently after Herbie, Coates, etc.??

I think everything changed when the Toyota Cup came about... all of a sudden the juniors from every team were on display... I know I was excited when it started because I wanted to see the juniors that would be coming through and who to look forward to.

I don't know about you, but before U20's I don't really recall who our juniors were until they hit first grade... Obviously guys like Big Pete, 1910, etc. would've been all over our entire squad before U20's, but all of a sudden the entire NRL competition knew about every team's juniors... and the broncos just happened to have great success in that first year of the 20's as well.

On the back of the 20's competition some of the best talents came straight into first grade... the public could see they were dominating the 20's so why not put them into first grade. It became the new reserve grade and a lot of the best talents came through and started dominating the NRL as well.

When you have a 19yr old dominating the NRL they become big news and the journos suddenly want to know their contract situation... desperate teams see them as a number 1 draft pick that can change their fortunes (just look at US sports) if they can throw enough cash at them and get them to come to their club.

So there becomes this perception that these 18-19 year olds are everywhere in the league, any junior dominating the 20's could be the next Turbo... so every club probably freaked the **** out and started locking in what they perceived as their best talent.

Things have slowed down since 20's was dropped as the young guys actually have to go into ISC rather then their age group, but journos know that linking a junior to a struggling club will get clicks... so they will look to do the bare minimum and talk up any 18 yr old they can google. Unfortunately for the broncos they know we will click the most so that is where they put their effort... what's the point in looking at juniors for the tigers. Their fan base is minimal and the Sydney market is saturated.

Another thing that I will say is potentially the NSW cup is a better standard of play than the qld cup?

Debutants in the NSW teams just look ready for first grade when they come into the team... I know we have a lot of young guys coming into grade at the same time, so a lot of them haven't even had the opportunity to play Qld cup and I'm not sure how much NSW cup the debutants down south are playing before they hit first grade... but they can at least take a hit up on the front foot!!

I think the NSWRL has potentially changed their way since QLD dominated origin for so many years... I think they saw that the current talent wasn't good enough and turned their focus to the next generation. They must have set up a lot of coaching clinics and just generally got the juniors ready for NRL by making them play like NRL players... whereas qld may have stayed with the older ways and letting pure individual talent shine through.

You always hear of Joey, Matty, etc. doing training academies with junior NSW halves and the NSW U18's have been flogging the QLD side most of the time. Every NSW half seems to come through with a great kicking game, but we can't find one qld half that can kick like Cleary or Moses when they were 18??

Even in the women's origin last year the NSW team were playing a brand of football that was reminiscent of the NRL style, particularly with how they attacked inside the 20 (utilising block plays, etc.). Compared to the Qld team which was a bit more old school, hit them hard in the forwards and play a looser less structured style... and the qld team got dominated.

The NSW teams also generally have a single NSWRL team dedicated to them, whereas we split our reserve graders across 3-5 ISC teams... having more control over the reserve grade team means you can play the prospects in their intended position rather than relying on them to overtake the incumbents.

I think Paix was playing as a utility off the bench in Qld cup last year... whereas Harry Grant was starting hooker for the falcons. Niu played some center rather than just fullback... and all the ISC teams play their own individual styles compared to what the NRL team wants to do.

ISC teams want to win their competition so they don't care if the broncos want their young guys to get experience.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Mal and Brandy are spot on with their comments, the Broncos had an inferior plan. The plan comes from the coach. Corey's comments are also spot on, hinting to how the players execution was rubbish. The senior players are not leading, not one of them. How many times did we see players like Wally, Alfie, Lockyer, at all levels take the game by the scruff of the neck and through their actions say to the team, follow me boys, I know the way.
If you’re a senior player you can spot a shit game plan. Hard to get up for a game when you know your coach has nfi

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah I'm starting to think this as well... Stephen Crichton at panthers looks an athletic weapon, yet for some reason everyone is apparently after Herbie, Coates, etc.??

I think everything changed when the Toyota Cup came about... all of a sudden the juniors from every team were on display... I know I was excited when it started because I wanted to see the juniors that would be coming through and who to look forward to.

I don't know about you, but before U20's I don't really recall who our juniors were until they hit first grade... Obviously guys like Big Pete, 1910, etc. would've been all over our entire squad before U20's, but all of a sudden the entire NRL competition knew about every team's juniors... and the broncos just happened to have great success in that first year of the 20's as well.

On the back of the 20's competition some of the best talents came straight into first grade... the public could see they were dominating the 20's so why not put them into first grade. It became the new reserve grade and a lot of the best talents came through and started dominating the NRL as well.

When you have a 19yr old dominating the NRL they become big news and the journos suddenly want to know their contract situation... desperate teams see them as a number 1 draft pick that can change their fortunes (just look at US sports) if they can throw enough cash at them and get them to come to their club.

So there becomes this perception that these 18-19 year olds are everywhere in the league, any junior dominating the 20's could be the next Turbo... so every club probably freaked the **** out and started locking in what they perceived as their best talent.

Things have slowed down since 20's was dropped as the young guys actually have to go into ISC rather then their age group, but journos know that linking a junior to a struggling club will get clicks... so they will look to do the bare minimum and talk up any 18 yr old they can google. Unfortunately for the broncos they know we will click the most so that is where they put their effort... what's the point in looking at juniors for the tigers. Their fan base is minimal and the Sydney market is saturated.

Another thing that I will say is potentially the NSW cup is a better standard of play than the qld cup?

Debutants in the NSW teams just look ready for first grade when they come into the team... I know we have a lot of young guys coming into grade at the same time, so a lot of them haven't even had the opportunity to play Qld cup and I'm not sure how much NSW cup the debutants down south are playing before they hit first grade... but they can at least take a hit up on the front foot!!

I think the NSWRL has potentially changed their way since QLD dominated origin for so many years... I think they saw that the current talent wasn't good enough and turned their focus to the next generation. They must have set up a lot of coaching clinics and just generally got the juniors ready for NRL by making them play like NRL players... whereas qld may have stayed with the older ways and letting pure individual talent shine through.

You always hear of Joey, Matty, etc. doing training academies with junior NSW halves and the NSW U18's have been flogging the QLD side most of the time. Every NSW half seems to come through with a great kicking game, but we can't find one qld half that can kick like Cleary or Moses when they were 18??

Even in the women's origin last year the NSW team were playing a brand of football that was reminiscent of the NRL style, particularly with how they attacked inside the 20 (utilising block plays, etc.). Compared to the Qld team which was a bit more old school, hit them hard in the forwards and play a looser less structured style... and the qld team got dominated.

The NSW teams also generally have a single NSWRL team dedicated to them, whereas we split our reserve graders across 3-5 ISC teams... having more control over the reserve grade team means you can play the prospects in their intended position rather than relying on them to overtake the incumbents.

I think Paix was playing as a utility off the bench in Qld cup last year... whereas Harry Grant was starting hooker for the falcons. Niu played some center rather than just fullback... and all the ISC teams play their own individual styles compared to what the NRL team wants to do.

ISC teams want to win their competition so they don't care if the broncos want their young guys to get experience.

Paix played Halfback, Hooker, and off the bench at Reddy.

I dont think overall the NSW ISC is better than the QLD version. I still think QCup is essential to develop some of these guys. There are some excellent players at that level that just havent got a chance in the NRL for whatever reason ( i always thought Michael Purcell would excel on the wing in the NRL for example at the right club ). I think we ignore some of these players in the 24-27 year old range because clubs seem so focused on finding the next big u20 player.

Melbourne do their ISC development better than us because their players are spread between 2 clubs. We spread ours a bit thinner.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
A 64% win rate would suggest he told them to win.

I'm not talking about winning or losing. You don't need a game plan to try your hardest for your club, your team mates and we fans.

If any players are in fact talking to Wayne, then I would expect a man of integrity and honour to counsel his admirers to do their best because that's what counts, as much as loyalty to your club and your coach.

Sometimes, I feel Bennett is really enjoying what is going on up here

Last edited:
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Nah, let's run this shit into the ground then piss on the ashes.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I'm not talking about winning or losing. You don't need a game plan to try your hardest for your club, your team mates and we fans.

If any players are in fact talking to Wayne, then I would expect a man of integrity and honour to counsel his admirers to do their best because that's what counts, as much as loyalty to your club and your coach.

Sometimes, I feel Bennett is really enjoying what is going on up here

Of course he is.
He presented a plan to the board. They told him to go and **** himself. And now we’re here.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Of course he is.
He presented a plan to the board. They told him to go and **** himself. And now we’re here.

I agree with you, although as BigPete posted elsewhere, Bennett is not entirely without blame in this cesspool the Board created, and probably neither is Seibold, but this is not of Seibold's doing so I think it is unfair to blame him for all the shit that is going down, like what we saw on the field tonight

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Weed? Who me? Never, not in a million years

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Weed? Who me? Never, not in a million years
i deleted my comment as I didn't want you to think I was just targeting you, now it looks like you're talking to yourself lol.

my apologies either way.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Paix played Halfback, Hooker, and off the bench at Reddy.

I dont think overall the NSW ISC is better than the QLD version. I still think QCup is essential to develop some of these guys. There are some excellent players at that level that just havent got a chance in the NRL for whatever reason ( i always thought Michael Purcell would excel on the wing in the NRL for example at the right club ). I think we ignore some of these players in the 24-27 year old range because clubs seem so focused on finding the next big u20 player.

Melbourne do their ISC development better than us because their players are spread between 2 clubs. We spread ours a bit thinner.
I agree here with your observation that the ISC has mature players who could transition to the NRL and simply have not had a game at that level. If I was asked to assemble a team picked from all and any of the ISC sides, a team the majority of which had not have ever played NRL, I'm convinced I'd find 8 guys who would treasure the opportunity. Quite often we just need someone to believe in us and we'd move heaven and hell to prove that faith is justified. A lot of those guys would do it for 50k a season or incredibly, for free.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Effort without communication or knowing what the bloke next to you is going to do doesn't go anywhere.

You've got players out there who don't even know when they're getting the ball. What the **** are they doing at training? do they know what a set play is? do they know that a bomb to a set back 3 is fucking useless? do they know how to kick for touch to get a breather? do they know how to find the grass at all with a kick? do they know who is going to be offloading and when to back them up in support? do they know when a kick is on and when to chase?

All of this shit is coached and rehearsed ad-nauseam until it is second nature to your team mates. There is nothing to suggest that happens under seiplod. Nothing.

THERE IS NO GAMEPLAN!

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncoFan94
  • pennywisealfie
  • eazy-duzzit
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.