VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Just read Bellyache thinks he will retire at end of 202I. But thinks he would love to be involved some place. Well how about we give him a Role like Mal at the Titans.
I'm not entirely sure a football director type role is suitable for Bellamy.

He has played the same system for like 20 years... including an attempt to adapt that style for origin. So whilst he knows what players are suitable for his system, he hasn't really shown if he's flexible enough to adapt with other players let alone the potential styles of different coaches. A football director's primary role is to ensure a consistency across the club by hiring the right coach and then also the right players for that coach's style.

It's one thing to say that his style is successful and therefore he can base similar systems at new clubs, but can it be implemented without CS9.

In terms of Mal he's hovering over the top as a pseudo football director, but also uses the prestige of his playing career and origin coaching as an incentive for coming to the club... Mal is there as a mentor if you go to the club and is potentially involved in the day to day operations of the club (not sure if he's actually qualified to do anything or how much power he actually has... could actually be a glorified ambassador for the club more than anything).

The lure of going to Melbourne is to be coached by Bellamy... Bellamy as a football director shouldn't be involved in the coaching as it just undermines whoever the coach is.

It's like the discontent that was rumored at the Panthers when Gould was director and Griffin was coach... there was constant speculation about tactics, etc. which can distract the players if it is actually happening

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure a football director type role is suitable for Bellamy.

He has played the same system for like 20 years... including an attempt to adapt that style for origin. So whilst he knows what players are suitable for his system, he hasn't really shown if he's flexible enough to adapt with other players let alone the potential styles of different coaches. A football director's primary role is to ensure a consistency across the club by hiring the right coach and then also the right players for that coach's style.

It's one thing to say that his style is successful and therefore he can base similar systems at new clubs, but can it be implemented without CS9.

In terms of Mal he's hovering over the top as a pseudo football director, but also uses the prestige of his playing career and origin coaching as an incentive for coming to the club... Mal is there as a mentor if you go to the club and is potentially involved in the day to day operations of the club (not sure if he's actually qualified to do anything or how much power he actually has... could actually be a glorified ambassador for the club more than anything).

The lure of going to Melbourne is to be coached by Bellamy... Bellamy as a football director shouldn't be involved in the coaching as it just undermines whoever the coach is.

It's like the discontent that was rumored at the Panthers when Gould was director and Griffin was coach... there was constant speculation about tactics, etc. which can distract the players if it is actually happening
All good points mate but I would think there is potential upsides in having him around part time as say a head of culture. One thing Melbourne does perfect is culture. We on the other hand have a poor culture right now.

Last edited:
Where's the option for yesterday. March the useless **** and everyone involved in bringing him here. It's fucking embarrassing.

Keep him around for the whole year so he never gets a coaching gig again.

Seibold shouldn't need to be sacked, after this steaming pile of sh*t game, he should resign. The whole playing group need to have a deep look inside and ask themselves, is this what I want in life? Because what I'm seeing tonight is that none of them are really that interested in being professional rugby league players. Desire, desperation, pride, skills, technique, it's all lacking. Looking at the entire list there isn't much in the future either, the so-called talent scouts and recruiters have done a woeful job.

Last edited:
What is our F/A now for the last 10 games?

Take the 2
[automerge]1594986485[/automerge]
Seibold animated as ever

Last edited:
I've been a supporter up until probably the past few weeks. I've been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but something stinks at this club. They are not playing for him, they are not playing for each other, they just don't want to be there. I'm so fucking done. Last one out turn off the fucking lights.

Kevvie time with Bennett as coaching director.
43D866A2 A3CD 43FE BC90 99CBBA6DA038

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • marw
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • heartly87
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.