VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
He's a dud. Clearly several degrees of magnitude worse than even Henjak.

He’s working on it though, studying is his forté we’re told...

104C450C 1FA0 4909 BFA4 869669FFD649

How is this go still there? I honestly don’t get it. For a while I understood the reasons that the board didn’t want to look stupid but surely by now they can see this is making them look even worse. I genuinely fear that this ‘review’ at the end of the season will just fine that COVID was the cause and we will be stuck with this buffoon for another year at least.

Personally, I think Paul White is only hurting his post-Broncos career credentials now.

The man oversaw an era of huge commercial success for the Broncos and quite likely would have been going on to a very lucrative career elsewhere once he'd finished up with us, even with Seibold bombing earlier this year.

His lack of visibility, accountability, and seeming unwillingness to act even now and do something decisive about the Coach says to me that he's perhaps not the Senior Executive 'guru' he was largely believed to be prior to the last 12 months or so, and unless something drastic shifts before the year is out, I think it will likely continue to impact people's perception of White as a leader even after he finishes up with us going forward.

Last edited:
Personally, I think Paul White is only hurting his post-Broncos career credentials now.

The man oversaw an era of huge commercial success for the Broncos and quite likely would have been going on to a very lucrative career elsewhere once he'd finished up with us, even with Seibold bombing earlier this year.

His lack of visibility, accountability, and seeming unwillingness to act even now and do something decisive about the Coach says to me that he's perhaps not the Senior Executive 'guru' he was largely believed to be prior to the last 12 months or so, and unless something drastic shifts before the year is out, I think it will likely continue to impact people's perception of White as a leader even after he finishes up with us going forward.

Maybe but then look at Castle's reign (get it?) over the Bulldogs. She oversaw something about as bad as the Broncos and went on to head rugby union.
[automerge]1596414252[/automerge]
How is this go still there? I honestly don’t get it. For a while I understood the reasons that the board didn’t want to look stupid but surely by now they can see this is making them look even worse. I genuinely fear that this ‘review’ at the end of the season will just fine that COVID was the cause and we will be stuck with this buffoon for another year at least.

Yeah totally agree, this is my fear as well. I reckon they've already scripted the post-season review and justify keeping the coach on.

Last edited:
Could be that they have already decided he is gone but given our upcoming draw, don't want to throw a new coach under the bus. Let Seibold cop the floggings until the end of the year and then start fresh as soon as the season is over. Just a theory.

Yeah I think he is gone, he will last till the off season and will leave at the end of the year with
White. The season is a bust for numerous reasons, there is no real advantage to axing him now.

My biggest concern is that we could be lining up Paul Green to take over.

The biggest problem i have with leaving Seibs in charge until the end of the year is that any new coach wont have a lot of time to implement new structures with the playing group.

Maybe but then look at Castle's reign (get it?) over the Bulldogs. She oversaw something about as bad as the Broncos and went on to head rugby union.

Yeah and she completely fucked rugby Australia (no pun intended) so corporate recruiters may be starting to have second thoughts about white.
There is an old saying in footy that you’re only as good as your last game so on that basis when white leaves the broncos he would be lucky to get a job cleaning toilets.

Yeah and she completely fucked rugby Australia (no pun intended) so corporate recruiters may be starting to have second thoughts about white.
There is an old saying in footy that you’re only as good as your last game so on that basis when white leaves the broncos he would be lucky to get a job cleaning toilets.
Fortunately for him, 99% of similarly qualified people will have a track record affected by the covid-business downturn. His shit will be largely ignored and has a ready made excuse.

unless his post Broncos career is something to do with Rugby League ... no one will care about our on field results.

all they'll care about is the financial side of the organisation.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • KnToad
  • Brocko
  • Manifesto
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • LittleDavey
  • Stix
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.