VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
Not just Seibold. Anyone involved in the signing of him needs to be gone. All we had to do was wait a year, let Bennett retire and hand the reins over to Demetriou and we wouldn’t be in this mess. I’d rather be average then be what we are now. Why did we have to white ant the coach that the players respected? It just wasn’t necessary at all. People will say I’m backing Bennett now and hindsight is great and all, but I said exactly this was going to happen to this club. It isn’t a surprise at all to anyone who was watching what was going on with Seibold in 2018. I had arguments on here for months. And being proven correct now doesn’t even feel good. It fucking sucks. In the end we all want what’s best for this club but what happened, the way we went about it was not a good option and anyone involved needs to go.

Not just Seibold. Anyone involved in the signing of him needs to be gone. All we had to do was wait a year, let Bennett retire and hand the reins over to Demetriou and we wouldn’t be in this mess. I’d rather be average then be what we are now. Why did we have to white ant the coach that the players respected? It just wasn’t necessary at all. People will say I’m backing Bennett now and hindsight is great and all, but I said exactly this was going to happen to this club. It isn’t a surprise at all to anyone who was watching what was going on with Seibold in 2018. I had arguments on here for months. And being proven correct now doesn’t even feel good. It fucking sucks. In the end we all want what’s best for this club but what happened, the way we went about it was not a good option and anyone involved needs to go.
Yep, I wasn't really against Seibold signing on merit, he did good things with Souths but I was always against sacking Bennett. Let him finish out his contract, give Seibold another year with Souths and re-assess. If we lost out on signing him (lol) then who cares, it's not worth investing 5 years in a rookie. Some gambles are worth taking but we weren't a shot rabble, we were a pretty competitive team that could match it with the best (except Melbourne anyway) when we turned up. We're now total and utter trash.

Whether signing JD was the correct next step, I don't know, but I never saw the urgency to get rid of Bennett. We had the 2nd highest win rate in the comp on average under his second tenure here. That's not a shit coach. If we had actually got Bellamy, that's the only coach I would have been okay with letting go of Bennett early, but for an unproven coach? Ridiculous.

Paul White should **** off now, along with Seibold and hand the reigns over to someone with a clue, which is definitely not someone in the current hierarchy.

Last edited:
Hand to heart, who doesn’t think the seibild signing was a mistake?
Even if you don’t think Wayne was the answer, is firing him and signing seibold the right move?
They didn’t punt Wayne so they could sign Seibold, they did it to sign Bellamy which was 100% the right call at the time.

The problem wasn’t punting Wayne, it was failing to land the bloke that they were moving him on for in the first place.

Would he even take the job after how they snubbed him? He might say fk off and lie in the bed you made.
It’s not like there are a bunch of NRL teams lining up to take Walters as head coach. I reckon he needs to be given the job otherwise his not getting the job will hang over any coach who does get the gig.

At least if he gets the job the old boys can’t whinge about him not being the coach.

It’s not like there are a bunch of NRL teams lining up to take Walters as head coach. I reckon he needs to be given the job otherwise his not getting the job will hang over any coach who does get the gig.

At least if he gets the job the old boys can’t whinge about him not being the coach.

If he does, he’ll need a 2 + this year minimum, otherwise if we were to dump him after next year, it’ll become ‘he was never given a fair shot at Brisbane’ and the whole thing starts up again

I agree with all of this post except about it not feeling good to be right about what’s happening.

it feels fucking great.

Id like to say a big **** you to all the dead shits that defended the fat pie eating train wreck ****.
[automerge]1593294339[/automerge]
They didn’t punt Wayne so they could sign Seibold, they did it to sign Bellamy which was 100% the right call at the time.

The problem wasn’t punting Wayne, it was failing to land the bloke that they were moving him on for in the first place.

a massive error in judgement. Bellamy was never ever going to come here

Last edited:
I agree with all of this post except about it not feeling good to be right about what’s happening.

it feels fucking great.

Id like to say a big **** you to all the dead shits that defended the fat pie eating train wreck ****.

Seriously dude, you are an absolute fucking drop kick. You must be an absolute **** to live with.

Yeah yeah I will take the demerit points or ban or whatever this deserves happily, it will be fucking worth it.

The record losses, last year's abject surrender in a finals game, record loss to the TITANS and the all round aimlessness of our team on the field at the moment is not all Siebold's fault and it never happened overnight.

Let's get one thing clear - Siebold is not at NRL head coach standard, at least he is not right now. He is a rookie coach and is making way too many rookie coach errors. He should never have been allowed anyway near our club without a recognized senior coach in charge of him, the sooner we get him ejected from Red Hill the sooner the rot will be stopped.

Why the pride of Queensland has been made to look like a poorer image of the Gold Coast chargers comes down to the poor planning of the board. This whole sorry mess was caused by White and Morris not having a clue about what makes the Broncos tick. They have ruined a once great club by their poor administration skills. Sure they might be making the corporate side look profitable (for now) but they had arguably the most successful sporting franchise in Australia when they took over, Christopher Skase could have made money here ffs.

But as far as planning and engaging coaching staff to get results on the field they have failed miserably. If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd - it's a turd. The jersey we have been made to run around in for the last two seasons is a case in point. It was obvious it was shit last year but they decided to make the fan base suffer a further year by sticking with it. This mistake screams a board that is so out of touch with the fan base and the actual game on the field.

Getting back to results - They've done the damage now, Siebold has been found seriously wanting the least they could do is change the jersey mid-season to signal the end of a disastrous era. Then they should sack Siebold and immediately resign from the board if they have any self respect and even a modicum of compassion for the supporters and the club.

Next week will be an absolute bun fight in the media. They will be having the biggest week of their lives ripping in to our club.

I only hope White and Morris have the balls to own this mess and do the honourable thing for the sake of the club, the players and the fans.

Last edited:
For the life of me I can’t remember but what were we like defensively under hook? Just a random question

For the life of me I can’t remember but what were we like defensively under hook? Just a random question

I think our defence under Hook was good. Our issue was we couldn’t score points to save lives. Endless repeat sets in opposition 20 only to come up with nothing.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.