VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
If Walters takes over as coach, then we had better get used to our current ladder position because we'll be stuck down here for a while yet
While none of us really know just how good a coach Walters is at NRL level, i think i could almost guarantee he would get the players 'up' more often than not.

The players would respond to him moreso than Seibold in my opinion.

If Walters takes over as coach, then we had better get used to our current ladder position because we'll be stuck down here for a while yet

This club needs to be united and have the pride put back in. Kevvie would be one of the only guys that could do this. Get him some great assistants and I think it would work wonders, it could not possibly be worse.

Anthony Siebold ,Boyd, Milford , and 3 or 4 others should have been immediately released , and half a dozen or more others warned , after the full time siren last year with the pasting by Parramatta . Walters should have been immediately implemented if only for a one year wait and see option .

Last edited:
Not if he has the personnel around him, all he needs to do is man manage our players. He's been under 2 of the best coaches ever and knows what is needed to win premierships.
I'd take Kevie over green anyday, and if I do remember you were all for seibold or Maguire. Look how they've turned out, and not to mention our saviour Croft.

I think Walters would do ok. He would come in with modern coaching experience and no doubt strong support staff. He would also have cultural dollars in the bank due to his past history with the club, some players and his role as Origin coach if he keeps it.

Some players may get a rude shock that some things don't change that much though...Kevin wont coach like old man Bennett...at least not the Bennett most of them know.

Last edited:
Whoever they appoint, please, for the love of God, unless his name is Craig Bellamy, absolutely no longer than a 3 year deal at an absolute maximum.
I agree with this, however after the Seibold/White debacle finishes playing out this year (hopefully), nobody's going to want to come here on a short term contract and end up unemployed two years later because of the most incompetent Coach/CEO pairing in NRL history.

I've been searching for the rumours online but can't find anything of substance. I'll add my name to the PM list if anyone knows...

I agree with this, however after the Seibold/White debacle finishes playing out this year (hopefully), nobody's going to want to come here on a short term contract and end up unemployed two years later because of the most incompetent Coach/CEO pairing in NRL history.
Sure, but honestly what is the point in any Coaching contract being 5+ years long? Has a 5 year plus contract ever worked out in the entire history of the game? In fact, you could just about argue that having any term length beyond a single season or two is an utter waste of time.

During the entire duration of the contract, if the club is unhappy, the Coach goes. If the Coach gets a better offer, he agitates for a move and then the Coach goes before the club loses face. Contract lengths appear to have almost no bearing on any of this stuff taking place every year across a range of clubs, so it begs the question of why clubs even bother to offer them.

Last edited:
Are we allowed to talk about the rumors in this thread or at all?

Are we allowed to talk about the rumors in this thread or at all?
Not staff but I wouldn't recommend it. There may be legal complications but even putting that aside it's just not a good thing to do. In the exceptionally unlikely event there's any truth in them it will all come out in the wash eventually but more likely you're just missing out on people exaggerating flat out lies.

The bottom line is Seibold has completely lost his team. If the Broncos are any chance of retaining players or attracting players, then the trigger needs to be pulled to limit the already massive onslaught of chaos and horrific performance and attitude.

i've seen the rumour. it's incredibly difficult to believe because no one would be that stupid, surely... but if it is **** me we've gone full womens day.

Wouldn’t put it past them using this time to work out what is real what isn’t and if there is just cause to terminate his contract without paying it fully out

The rumours are crazy and I call social media BS on them. Would think the club would issue a statement with enough information to squash this garbage and looking forward to welcoming AS back in 2 weeks etc.

What a saga this year has been.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Big Del
  • Alec
  • K-Style
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.