VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Are we allowed to talk about the rumors in this thread or at all?
I wouldn’t mate
They are extremely damaging rumours and if they are remotely true means bad things for the club in general

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
If Walters takes over as coach, then we had better get used to our current ladder position because we'll be stuck down here for a while yet
Why do you think that.
People are saying similar things about Green without giving a reason.
What do you see that makes him incapable of doing a good job as coach.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016

The reason for Green is that for the last 3 years he has been able to make the top 8 with his team. That's a solild freekin reason!!!

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I've been searching for the rumours online but can't find anything of substance. I'll add my name to the PM list if anyone knows...

Why PM? Why the secrecy? These sort of rumours, like evil, spawn in secrecy, a coward's safe house, exactly the place where truth has no place. Rumours of this ilk have no substance other than the perverted motives of the slimes who invent and distribute them. They are hearsay, unsubstantiated and malignant, the intent of which is to destroy a person in the kangaroo court of public opinion. At least in a court of law, you don't get convicted on hearsay.

I don't want a bar of this shit, purulent and disgraceful.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
The reason for Green is that for the last 3 years he has been able to make the top 8 with his team. That's a solild freekin reason!!!
I dont see it that way.
You can't assess him only on the last 3 years because that supports your argument.
Any team that loses a superstar generally has a few lean years.
He has proven he can coach if the talent is there.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
I dont see it that way.
You can't assess him only on the last 3 years because that supports your argument.
Any team that loses a superstar generally has a few lean years.
He has proven he can coach if the talent is there.

Regardless of how you see it, its a pretty solid justification for not wanting Green as a coach. We want a results coach, not an excuses coach.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
I highly doubt the rumors are true. It would not have been suggested on reddit if it was. If someone had a legitimate axe to grind and there was a single part of truth to it, they would have come out publicly and dropped it with evidence. Plenty of low life people out there.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Regardless of how you see it, its a pretty solid justification for not wanting Green as a coach. We want a results coach, not an excuses coach.
It's no justification at all.
It's a snapshot of his coaching career after he lost a generational player.
You've just posted a thought bubble and are trying to back it up using selected examples .
Has Wayne B turned into a shit coach because hes won nothing since 2010???

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I highly doubt the rumors are true. It would not have been suggested on reddit if it was. If someone had a legitimate axe to grind and there was a single part of truth to it, they would have come out publicly and dropped it with evidence. Plenty of low life people out there.
Let’s just say the media are pretty quiet on the home front at the moment and I have a funny feeling it’s come from the heavy brass at newscorp to keep it that way

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
You've just posted a thought bubble and are trying to back it up using selected examples .

It's not a bubble, or an isolated example from the past... it's a current trend. The current trend is that Paul Green can not get his team into the finals. If he was that good the Cowboys would have kept him.

JT retired after 2018. Cowboys did not make the finals that year and weren't too many losses off a spoon.

So again.. legit reasons for not wanting Green as a coach.

Last edited:
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
It's no justification at all.
Yes.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

These 'underground' rumors regarding Anthony Seibold are NOT even close to being true. I have that from an extremely reliable source.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Whether the rumors are true on not (I doubt there is any truth to them,) I think he has most likely coached his last game for the Brisbane Broncos.
I cannot see how he and the club can move forward any longer.
I would not be surprised to see Peter Gentle coach out the remainder of 2020 and new CEO come in and appoint the new coach.
I just cannot see it working any other way.
I also expect that we will see a few players walk out the door. It's just so, so messy.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Let’s just say the media are pretty quiet on the home front at the moment and I have a funny feeling it’s come from the heavy brass at newscorp to keep it that way

Murdoch did resign from Newscorp last week.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Why do you think that.
What do you see that makes him incapable of doing a good job as coach.
Foordys just in denial that his patron saint Paul White and his right hand man Fat Tony have driven this club head first off a cliff onto a pile of rusty yet terrifyingly sharp nuclear weapons and belittling the ability of anyone not named Seibold to turn things around is his only outlet. In his ideal world we'd be sitting around in 2023, having received our fourth consecutive wooden spoon, fuming about the mess old man Bennett left us in.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Whether the rumors are true on not (I doubt there is any truth to them,) I think he has most likely coached his last game for the Brisbane Broncos.
I cannot see how he and the club can move forward any longer.
I would not be surprised to see Peter Gentle coach out the remainder of 2020 and new CEO come in and appoint the new coach.
I just cannot see it working any other way.
I also expect that we will see a few players walk out the door. It's just so, so messy.
And to think this all could have been avoided by handing a measly one year extension to Bennett.

Active Now

• Howie
  • Seibs
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • Spooky1013
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.