VOTE Anthony Seibold Discussion

Should Seibold be sacked immediately?

• Total voters
I think the playing group is actively trying to make it happen.

Regardless of what I think of Seibold’s work thus far I’m disgusted by this group of players, they may not like the coach but they are only hurting the fans and supporters by dishing up this garbage.

But as always it’s far easier to sack a coach than it is to sack numerous players so Seibold will go, whether rightfully so or not.

Kevin Walters is not the answer though, this immature bunch overhyped hacks need a veteran coach with a notoriety for man management and authority and is willing to bring in an entirely new entourage of support staffers.

100%. They may not like him, or agree with how he came into the job but the insipid performances they are serving up currently is pathetic and a slap in the face to the fans. It's damaging the brand and their future prospects as NRL players. Although I doubt some of them have the mental capacity to think of that.

Hand to heart, who doesn’t think the seibild signing was a mistake?
Even if you don’t think Wayne was the answer, is firing him and signing seibold the right move?

I'm with Wolfie on this one. I think if Bennett gets his final year with the team, the playing group are far more receptive to Seibold. As it stands and how it panned out, the signing was a mistake. There's blame on all sides for this one imo.

That said, I don't think that what's being dished up by this bunch of over hyped little ***** is entirely on the coaches shoulders. As bad as it is, I think he's lost the dressing room and that's being reflected on the field. I don't know if it's his methods or because he (rightly) moved a few players on but they seem to have absolutely no desire to play for him or sadly, the jersey. A bunch of these players claim to have grown up idolising the Broncos and dreaming of playing for them. Not right now seemingly.

I think the other problem Seibs has is tries to be too smart for his own good. He is so wrapped up in all these fancy techniques and systems he has forgotten that footy is a pretty simple game. No need over complicate it.

yes but the board is clearly too pigheaded to admit error. they'd rather run this shit into the ground instead of admitting they fucked up, you know, like good businessmen would.

I think the other problem Seibs has is tries to be too smart for his own good. He is so wrapped up in all these fancy techniques and systems he has forgotten that footy is a pretty simple game. No need over complicate it.

Which use to be Wayne’s specialty.

As much as we want to see these players suffer and be tortured on the training paddock for what they have produced post lock down, maybe it’s not such a bad idea to have one of those mid crisis pub sessions that teams in these situation sometimes turn to. Maybe some bonding and a few beers to loosen up and actually let out how they feel and what they really think might actually do more good than harm. Because whatever they are doing now is clearly not working.

Also if I had of known we would be in this sort of a rebuild and with this much inexperience, I would have even taken Nathan Brown over Seibold. Yes he took a a few years to get the Knights in some sort of competitive shape but they were in a much worse position than us with nowhere near the individual talent our roster possesses and they are reaping the benefits now. And as bad as it was roster wise in his first 2 years, they at least competed in games and were performing better than what we can currently produce so that would be a good start.

You would also have all the media backing him which shouldn’t be a prerequisite but it sure as shit helps to have the external noise backing you than tearing you down every second death riding you to the point of no return. Gorden would actually offer to help the club and would never had mouth when his mates coach the team.

Matt Elliot. Briefly mentioned as an option but just someone to break down plays and KISS.
This is what we need, plus some heart and pride in the jersey.

yes but the board is clearly too pigheaded to admit error. they'd rather run this shit into the ground instead of admitting they fucked up, you know, like good businessmen would.

That Karl Morris quote that Weilder posted reeks of it.

I reckon they tried to be pro active and just thought everything would work out with minor hiccups. They got suckered into thinking Seibold was the best thing since slice bread and knew he was sought after so they tried to get one over everyone with the long term deal thinking that a tactical coach would give the playing group something different and unlock the last piece of the puzzle needed to take the next step.

Now that it has gone completely pear shaped for a second year running, they now decide to trot out the ‘We always knew it would be 2+ years’ despite Paul White clearly telling the media 18 months ago WE ARE NOT A REBUILDING CLUB’

Yet 18 months later and we are now being told we are 18 months into a 24 month+ rebuild and they knew that was always the case. So they are contradicting themselves. You couldn’t make shit up.

Last edited:
The coach can’t survive this, he just can’t.

1. Repeated floggings
2. Horrible bench use
3. Horrible pre-game routine
4. Horrible lack of structure
5. Horrible lack of answers
6. Horrible lack of talking or showing of any emotion
7. Horrible voice
8. Horrible fitness regime for the club
9. Horrible luck with injuries
10. Horrible contract
11. Horrible love for all things Boyd and Milford

He’s horrible. I still can’t believe that pre-game interpretive dance routine.

We're the Broncos
The shitty Broncos
We'll keep dropping every ball till the end

We're the Broncos
The shittest team on earth
we're the joke of all queensland

Never Stop
We never rest
6 again we fail the test
Giving up getting thrashed is getting old

Just another
dumb ref call
on the ground
we drop the ball
we're the lamest and we're lucky if we draw

We're the Broncos
The shitty Broncos
We'll keep dropping every ball till the end

We wheeze in our soul
The best game of all
we are the Broncos of Queensland

Last edited:
Mate he is gonna get the job.... it’s not even close... the only way kevvie isn’t the next coach is if he turns it down due to the way he has been treated by them

no chance

Especially with the genius-level MENSA players the Broncos currently have.

The only thing here is there are no fancy techniques or systems at all. If there are, the players aren't following them. I can't see any.

And yes, it is a simple game. It is bloody obvious our defensive strategy and tactics just don't work. The points we concede shows that. I cannot believe that Seibold hasn't changed it after 5 floggings. It is not a proposition from Einstein. This single thing is what has made me lose confidence in Seibold

What techniques and systems. We rank dead last for even basic shit like decoy runs.

They literally don't know what to do out there.

The only thing here is there are no fancy techniques or systems at all. If there are, the players aren't following them. I can't see any.

And yes, it is a simple game. It is bloody obvious our defensive strategy and tactics just don't work. The points we concede shows that. I cannot believe that Seibold hasn't changed it after 5 floggings. It is not a proposition from Einstein. This single thing is what has made me lose confidence in Seibold
Defences have worked out had to nullify our attack (i use that word liberally). All they do is run up with quick line speed. It stops our forwards before they can get a move on because they are standing so close to the advantage line and are flat footed. Like you said, it is pretty simple, get deeper and run onto it.

And i have said this a thousand times, fucking forwards in a backline movement! It makes it so slow and the ball doesnt get past two passes. Offa was the one doing it and croft and milf were reaching all over the place for them. Stopped all momentum. I know other teams do it (radley, jake turbo, paulo) but they have the ball skills to do so. What is wrong with milf or croft from running from their side of the field to get into first receiver? Cleary did it really well on thursday night.

The defence.... well when the last place team puts 30 on you, well you know you are fucked.

If seibold is not sacked, seriously, what does he have to do to get sacked?

Defences have worked out had to nullify our attack (i use that word liberally). All they do is run up with quick line speed. It stops our forwards before they can get a move on because they are standing so close to the advantage line and are flat footed. Like you said, it is pretty simple, get deeper and run onto it.

And i have said this a thousand times, fucking forwards in a backline movement! It makes it so slow and the ball doesnt get past two passes. Offa was the one doing it and croft and milf were reaching all over the place for them. Stopped all momentum. I know other teams do it (radley, jake turbo, paulo) but they have the ball skills to do so. What is wrong with milf or croft from running from their side of the field to get into first receiver? Cleary did it really well on thursday night.

The defence.... well when the last place team puts 30 on you, well you know you are fucked.

If seibold is not sacked, seriously, what does he have to do to get sacked?

What gets to me is that what works is so plain and simple: just watch the Roosters and Eels play, and then apply it to our team. Your point about Milf or Croft "running from their side of the field to get into first receiver" is telling. It shows that Seibold is obsessed with playing the game in the middle despite the obvious results of that. Croft ought to be doing exactly what Cleary and Moses and Keary do: control the play. Taylor did it tonight. Seibold's structures don't allow that. I don't think the problem is simply a failure by Croft or Milford to control the play, it's Seibold's systems and structures which prevent it.

Whether it is pride or arrogance, tonight certainly showed that his methods are a failure and there are no longer any excuses for it, for keeping a system that repeatedly fails, and, in doing so, entrenches a mindset of failure and "I don't care" in the players. I don't think changing the roster is a fix for our problems. It's changing how we play that matters, changing from the ground up.

Last edited:
So apparently that was the Titans biggest ever defeat of the Broncos.
This means under Seibold, we have had our biggest loss ever, our biggest defeat at Suncorp, and our biggest loss to the Eels, the Roosters and the Titans.
Fat Tony breaking all sorts of records.

Last edited:
Calling for the likes of Elliott, Griffin, Henry and Kearney.

You obviously want things to be worse than what they are now. Which they would be under them.
All you do is talk down everyone’s suggestions man. We can’t keep doing what we are doing, so what do you put forth?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrRobot
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.