Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

Had to be Gordie i reckon.
Pure speculation of course, but he was pissed off when Walters was overlooked and has been the most outspoken and critical bloke towards the Broncos.
Former Kangaroo as well, which is the only info I've seen in regards to who it was.

I'd put money on it.

Last edited:
Had to be Gordie i reckon.
Pure speculation of course, but he was pissed off when Walters was overlooked and has been the most outspoken and critical bloke towards the Broncos.
Former Kangaroo as well, which is the only info I've seen in regards to who it was.

I'd put money on it.

I reckon it was just complete bullshit made up by nobodies on the internet to further pile on a team that had already disgraced itself and it then spiralled out of control.

We already know rugby league fans talk endless shit and that rugby league journos will run with literally anything.

Last edited:
I reckon it was just complete bullshit made up by nobodies on the internet to further pile on a team that had already disgraced itself and it then spiralled out of control.

We already know rugby league fans talk endless shit and that rugby league journos will run with literally anything.
Well the results of the investigation said it was a former Kangaroo who is well known in their retirement but is not on the NRL's payroll.
Just with Gordies behavior over the past 2 seasons, his anger at the club, his obvious dislike for the hierarchy at the Broncos and the way he spoke about Walters being overlooked for the job, he makes a pretty convincing suspect with a believable motive, more-so than any other former Kangaroo i can think of.
He also comes across as a bit of a fuckwit as well and i wouldn't put it past him to do this sort of shit.
All that being said, this is purely speculation on my part and there is just as much chance he had nothing to do with it.

Well the results of the investigation said it was a former Kangaroo who is well known in their retirement but is not on the NRL's payroll.
Just with Gordies behavior over the past 2 seasons, his anger at the club, his obvious dislike for the hierarchy at the Broncos and the way he spoke about Walters being overlooked for the job, he makes a pretty convincing suspect with a believable motive, more-so than any other former Kangaroo i can think of.
He also comes across as a bit of a fuckwit as well and i wouldn't put it past him to do this sort of shit.
All that being said, this is purely speculation on my part and there is just as much chance he had nothing to do with it.
Former Kangaroo? Really? Last I heard it was some Bush footy ref

Last edited:
Apparently yea. Former Kangaroo, and a former referee have been identified.

Thats why i reckon it might be Gordy, All the pieces fit. Not sure if his work at Fox falls under NRL payroll, or Fox payroll though.

Interesting. I wonder if he’ll pursue a civil case against them?

Sounds like clear cut libel or some other lawyery word.

Err, not what I was suggesting and inferring that I hold the view that victims should 'smarten up' isn't appreciated.

What I'm suggesting is putting a value on internet opinion. That value, in my opinion should be extremely low and teaching kids that internet opinions and comments should be slightly less valuable than a freshly soiled wad of toilet paper.

The problem stems from parents not educating their kids about the merit, the value of faceless criticism from the internet. If kids learn early enough that internet opinions are virtually worthless they would be better equipped and inured against the slings and arrows and in turn less likely to be hurt to the point when suicide seems the only way out.

It's because kids think this kind of shit is somehow important. If they didn't think so they'd be better able to handle the inevitable ugly side of humanity.

The problem with your sage advice is that people like you and me come from a generation where we were taught logic and reason and a good education is the solution to everything. These days however, the entire foundation of social media has nothing to do with logic and reason. It's about connecting into deep emotions, immune to reason, then, worse, and the very basis of social media, sharing the shit. Switching off is no longer an option because there's always someone there to remind you. It's why QAnon is so effective, and exactly why Trump uses Twitter as a weapon. The consequences of technology where the medium really is the message.

The problem with your sage advice is that people like you and me come from a generation where we were taught logic and reason and a good education is the solution to everything. These days however, the entire foundation of social media has nothing to do with logic and reason. It's about connecting into deep emotions, immune to reason, then, worse, and the very basis of social media, sharing the shit. Switching off is no longer an option because there's always someone there to remind you. It's why QAnon is so effective, and exactly why Trump uses Twitter as a weapon. The consequences of technology where the medium really is the message.
Mmmmm, I tend to agree generally with your post but not plugging in to the matrix is an option still. I strongly believe that children, if taught early enough become the better equipped adult(sub adult) and schools(and governments) plus parents should be hammering home the message essentially from birth. We have seen what can be imprinted on(in?) childrens minds with thousands of different religions and even musical prodigies custom built so early example and teaching would produce a less malleable future generation. In my opinion!

A foreign investigation company has NO right for warantless searches through our private conversations for a CIVIL matter. This is insane! Like totally batshit insane to do this, and that this is allowed by companies to do.

Can we put a full stop on this thread so Toby can take it away and bury it in the warehouse ?
516B184C 6A1A 4438 A4C0 CEFC835084A2

Thats why i reckon it might be Gordy, All the pieces fit. Not sure if his work at Fox falls under NRL payroll, or Fox payroll though.
Can't be Gordie, the editorial in the link says it is a Kagaroos player, Gordie never played for the Kagaroos that I am aware of, maybe they meant Kangaroos player, which could mean they are from the North Melbourne AFL club.
Couldn't help myself, sorry for taking the piss Midean, raining here and its been a slow day.

I’m so confused. He was in the Kangaroo‘s rep team for like 5-6 years at least from my memory.
Sorry Soup, didn't mean to confuse you, if you read my post again, you will see I was just being a trying to be funny due to the incorrect spelling in the article link Midean kindly posted for us to read, have a drink Soup it's almost 4.00pm, you are correct by the way, he played for Australia from 1997 to 2003

I think Tallis had a role at nrl previously but not anymore. I don't know what the Siebold rumours were but I understand they were repugnant. However, I felt the whole investigation thing was bad PR management and came across as a flustered attempt to divert attention from Siebolds underperformance. Why announce at that stage that you are doing it. Keep quiet until you have the evidence to pursue it and announce it then. Very strange.

Last edited:
I think Tallis had a role at nrl previously but not anymore. I don't know what the Siebold rumours were but I understand they were repugnant. However, I felt the whole investigation thing was bad PR management and came across as a flustered attempt to divert attention from Siebolds underperformance. Why announce at that stage that you are doing it. Keep quiet until you have the evidence to pursue it and announce it then. Very strange.
Totally agree. The only good thing that comes from it, is it might make dickheads think twice before posting slanderous lies online in the future.
My gut still thinks it was Tallis, it fits too perfectly.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • BooKhaki
  • bb_gun
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.