Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

Do tell about the 65 XP project, perhaps in the automotive thread.

Hey. Well, it fell flat. My son bought one from a neighbour, stored in his garage for donkey's years and rusted out. We got together and discussed the reco but yesterday, he sold it 😞

Anyway, I have another project, spent squillions and still got a massive problem. I'll head over to that thread later today. It's a '94 BMW E34 540i 6-speed. I'll see if there's any interest.

Last edited:
Hey. Well, it fell flat. My son bought one from a neighbour, stored in his garage for donkey's years and rusted out. We got together and discussed the reco but yesterday, he sold it 😞

Anyway, I have another project, spent squillions and still got a massive problem. I'll head over to that thread later today. It's a '94 BMW E34 540i 6-speed. I'll see if there's any interest.
Bugger. I had an XP ute I was going to do as a project, but too many projects and not enough time, so I sold it. Would love to do an early falcon coupe one day. I look forward to the BMW thread.

Seibold made many mistakes. Before he even arrived he turned the team against him by saying he wanted to sack 6 of them. Then he didn’t understand the fundamental differences between being a teacher and being a coach. The current crop of players are idiots and don’t want to be lectured. He had no rapport or understanding of these players at all. His inability to change his coaching when the new rules were introduced was embarrassing. And any idea he had was worthless because he’d tell anyone who would listen about it just so he could tell people how smart he was.

There’s a new tv show out at the moment called Ted Lasso. About an American football coach being asked to coach an EPL team and the entire thing is about man management being the priority. Getting the guys to step up for you is a massive deal in coaching and he failed at that from the get go.

The narrative spinning to somehow blame anyone else, other than the players and the people who made the decision to bring him here is ridiculous. The excuses have been exhausted. Seibold fucked up from the beginning, the board fucked up and panicked after they missed out on Bellamy and the players fucked up by being dickheads.
And the other serious mistake Siebold made (IMO) is not embracing the past. The Broncos have an amazingly successful past, and a winning culture in there somewhere, but instead of embracing it and building upon it, he wiped it out like it was never there and tried to start over again, his way. We lost our culture because the coach deliberately erased it. Massive mistake.

And the other serious mistake Siebold made (IMO) is not embracing the past. The Broncos have an amazingly successful past, and a winning culture in there somewhere, but instead of embracing it and building upon it, he wiped it out like it was never there and tried to start over again, his way. We lost our culture because the coach deliberately erased it. Massive mistake.

And that's the thing, it could have worked if it was done a couple of years down the track when he had already won the respect of players and fans. But doing it after coming in on the back of a tantrum and replacing a hugely popular coaching legend in such bad circumstances, it just showed a total lack of awareness and ability to read the room. The guy was sadly totally clueless.

And that's the thing, it could have worked if it was done a couple of years down the track when he had already won the respect of players and fans. But doing it after coming in on the back of a tantrum and replacing a hugely popular coaching legend in such bad circumstances, it just showed a total lack of awareness and ability to read the room. The guy was sadly totally clueless.
As were the clowns who hired him and then oversaw his reign of incompetence, wilfully unaware of the team burning to the ground because the club was still making a profit.

Is that his doing or the club's? They're the ones who made it abundantly clear that they wanted to move on from the Wayne Bennett Era(s), Seibold was just one of their pieces in New Brooming the place.

I'm curious. What exactly did Seibold "wipe out" apart from removing Bennett's slogans or whatever they were called, from the dressing room?

Last edited:
Is that his doing or the club's? They're the ones who made it abundantly clear that they wanted to move on from the Wayne Bennett Era(s), Seibold was just one of their pieces in New Brooming the place.
Good question, and without inside knowledge I don't know.
What I can say is that you can 'move on' from the past without erasing it.
In the Bronco's situation, moving on from Wayne means firstly no longer having him as the coach, and secondly not having a Wayne understudy as the coach as he would do everything the "Wayne way". That's 'moving on'.
There's no need to erase the memory of the club or remove everything good Wayne said, which it appears is what AS tried to do.

I'm curious. What exactly did Seibold "wipe out" apart from removing Bennett's slogans or whatever they were called, from the dressing room?
Just gleaning info from various media reports, which perhaps were wrong.
I have no inside info, but the reports seem to indicate AS tried to remove the Bennett legacy.
Painting over/removing the motivational slogans of the only premiership winning coach we have ever had supports that.
I may be being too harsh in my lack of inside knowledge, but I doubt it.

Didn’t he also have posters and photos of Bennett taken down?

Just gleaning info from various media reports, which perhaps were wrong.
I have no inside info, but the reports seem to indicate AS tried to remove the Bennett legacy.
Painting over/removing the motivational slogans of the only premiership winning coach we have ever had supports that.
I may be being too harsh in my lack of inside knowledge, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the reply.

I genuinely don't know what Seibold actually did in this regard other than what I have read on here, and in the media, including the Badel stuff in the CM of 29 August where he wrote, according to the CM Facebook page: "The Broncos should be alongside the Roosters as an NRL powerhouse. Instead, they are a rabble. Not only has Anthony Seibold destroyed Brisbane’s culture, he’s now left his hapless assistant to mop up the mess, writes Peter Badel."

Posts there, in reply, include stuff like Badel is "Bennett's lackey" with most of the criticism directed at the players and the Board who actually broke our culture, not Seibold, which for mine is the truth, and I am only interested in the truth, like Seibold was a bad coach, but him destroying the Broncos culture is rubbish, and another example of poisonous media bias.

Thanks for the reply.

I genuinely don't know what Seibold actually did in this regard other than what I have read on here, and in the media, including the Badel stuff in the CM of 29 August where he wrote, according to the CM Facebook page: "The Broncos should be alongside the Roosters as an NRL powerhouse. Instead, they are a rabble. Not only has Anthony Seibold destroyed Brisbane’s culture, he’s now left his hapless assistant to mop up the mess, writes Peter Badel."

Posts there, in reply, include stuff like Badel is "Bennett's lackey" with most of the criticism directed at the players and the Board who actually broke our culture, not Seibold, which for mine is the truth, and I am only interested in the truth, like Seibold was a bad coach, but him destroying the Broncos culture is rubbish, and another example of poisonous media bias.
I blame everyone. The board, the ceo, the coach, the players, the old boys, the chairman, all of them. Cluster ****

Our culture. It's easier to see than it is to define in text, but you might look at actions like text messaging journos with excuses about missing and rookie players before we'd even taken the field. That's not a Broncos attitude.

Our culture. It's easier to see than it is to define in text, but you might look at actions like text messaging journos with excuses about missing and rookie players before we'd even taken the field. That's not a Broncos attitude.
What was the example you just gave?

Active Now

• porouian
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Spooky1013
  • Bongo
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • NSW stables
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.