Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

Sorry, I don't follow your meaning here.
“but you might look at actions like text messaging journos with excuses about missing and rookie players before we'd even taken the field. That's not a Broncos attitude.”

I didn’t understand this

“but you might look at actions like text messaging journos with excuses about missing and rookie players before we'd even taken the field. That's not a Broncos attitude.”

I didn’t understand this
It's an example of Seibold wiping out Broncos culture, by publicly making excuses for our poor performance before the game even started. When the head coach is texting journalists explaining why it's not his fault the team's about to get flogged, it erodes confidence and accountability for the players and everyone else.

It's an example of Seibold wiping out Broncos culture, by publicly making excuses for our poor performance before the game even started. When the head coach is texting journalists explaining why it's not his fault the team's about to get flogged, it erodes confidence and accountability for the players and everyone else.

I don't recall him doing that ...

I do recall him texting a journo telling them something along the lines of them being out of the loop after another perceived erroneous hatchet job

I don't recall him doing that ...

I do recall him texting a journo telling them something along the lines of them being out of the loop after another perceived erroneous hatchet job
I think it was before the roosters game?? Although I believe the journos indicated it was from a member of the media team rather than Seibold (but then suggested that they were just sending on Seibold's message)

Seibold then backed it up with similar comments in the presser post game

It was the one where journos claimed they received a message indicating that Broncos had $3.5 million of cap sitting on the sidelines or something like that

Last edited:
Bugger. I had an XP ute I was going to do as a project, but too many projects and not enough time, so I sold it. Would love to do an early falcon coupe one day. I look forward to the BMW thread.
I have a XP sedan minus motor and gearbox. It's completely free of rust having had it all removed. It's also freshly painted in the original creme ford colour. I have all the glass, door handles etc, all the jewellery. It would need reupholstered seats, carpets etc. Lost interest in it some time ago.

Our culture. It's easier to see than it is to define in text, but you might look at actions like text messaging journos with excuses about missing and rookie players before we'd even taken the field. That's not a Broncos attitude.
Anthony Siebold made a critical mistake, and that is to ignore history at your peril, I think the guy is a 100% tosser a narcissist a shit coach and a gullibel prick, however I am a cynical bastard, and I don't think he was smart enough to take the Broncos down the path he did without the urging of the Broncos Chairman who obviously hated Bennett with a passion, based on the assurances Bennett claimed he received from Karl Morris, that is he was assured of seeing out his contract , and then fucking him over, stinks of a prick that thought he was in a position to create his own Karl Morris legacy through the appointment of Siebold , and it shows what a soft **** Lockyer is that he didn't come out and say this is bullshit, I don't agree with Karl Morris ,we should respect Bennetts legacy and I am against not honouring our deal with Bennett, **** I hope I don't read this in the morning and want to cut my wrists, just opened my second bottle of red, so I can't be held responsible can I

I have a XP sedan minus motor and gearbox. It's completely free of rust having had it all removed. It's also freshly painted in the original creme ford colour. I have all the glass, door handles etc, all the jewellery. It would need reupholstered seats, carpets etc. Lost interest in it some time ago.
Can I pass that information on, I might know someone that might be interested?

Can I pass that information on, I might know someone that might be interested?
Absolutely. I am finally heading home in 4 weeks and will need to start moving old projects along to the next dreamer. I have three xps in various stages. I'll be looking to buy/lease a shed inland from Kirra before I move to the new unit and I just want to get back to one single project, the 36 Caddy.

Absolutely. I am finally heading home in 4 weeks and will need to start moving old projects along to the next dreamer. I have three xps in various stages. I'll be looking to buy/lease a shed inland from Kirra before I move to the new unit and I just want to get back to one single project, the 36 Caddy.
Are you selling your place?

The only thing I can see that is a Broncos culture is not losing so many games in one season by so many points and scoring so few, and never winning the spoon. That, Seibold is certainly guilty of wiping out, but no more and no less than that, and he had a fair bit of help doing that, from the Board, and the players. Everything else remotely connected to the wiping out of the Broncos culture, apocryphal and nebulous as that may be, is just that.

Last edited:
Why are we still discussing this vandal

Bugger him. I am much more interested in this almost political "football"called the Broncos Culture. I want to know what it means to people, and in reality, if there is a difference between a "winning culture", equally relevant and applicable to ALL clubs, as opposed to this special, magical substance called a Broncos Culture, which I'm trying to get my head around.

Or, is the real question that the "Broncos Culture" - so frequently bandied about, and almost weaponized in certain circumstances, like contributing to Seibold's demise, really a fiction, in fact a substitute for the "Bennett legacy", driven by his acolytes, like the Broncos Old Boys, and, which for mine, is a bit problematic.

For mine, it is problematic, especially if idealized (given Bennett's apotheosis after his record in his first stint here until 2000), and not examined critically. For instance, delivering 1 premiership in 20 years, after his almost deification up here. Is that a relevant metric by which Wayne's status at the Broncos is measured, the delivery of Grand Final wins post-2000? We all know he is a great coach by his win-loss ratio, but does that suffice in the context of a Broncos Culture?

So again, what exactly is this Broncos Culture which separates it from others, makes it special, outstanding, unique?

Is one very real question about this whole Seibold fiasco of 2020, and our lack of GF wins since 2006, and the dilution of our (alleged) culture really a question of managing expectations, or mis-managing them, given that we seem to be stuck with the (unrealistic) expectations - winning everything, being unbeatable - generated by the golden years up to 2000, when we had a galaxy of stars, and relatively unconstrained by the now reality of the salary cap?

(Does this issue deserve its own thread?)

Last edited:
Bugger him. I am much more interested in this almost political "football"called the Broncos Culture. I want to know what it means to people, and in reality, if there is a difference between a "winning culture", equally relevant and applicable to ALL clubs, as opposed to this special, magical substance called a Broncos Culture, which I'm trying to get my head around.

Or, is the real question that the "Broncos Culture" - so frequently bandied about, and almost weaponized in certain circumstances, like contributing to Seibold's demise, really a fiction, in fact a substitute for the "Bennett legacy", driven by his acolytes, like the Broncos Old Boys, and, which for mine, is a bit problematic.

For mine, it is problematic, especially if idealized (given Bennett's apotheosis after his record in his first stint here until 2000), and not examined critically. For instance, delivering 1 premiership in 20 years, after his almost deification up here. Is that a relevant metric by which Wayne's status at the Broncos is measured, the delivery of Grand Final wins post-2000? We all know he is a great coach by his win-loss ratio, but does that suffice in the context of a Broncos Culture?

So again, what exactly is this Broncos Culture which separates it from others, makes it special, outstanding, unique?

Is one very real question about this whole Seibold fiasco of 2020, and our lack of GF wins since 2006, and the dilution of our (alleged) culture really a question of managing expectations, or mis-managing them, given that we seem to be stuck with the (unrealistic) expectations - winning everything, being unbeatable - generated by the golden years up to 2000, when we had a galaxy of stars, and relatively unconstrained by the now reality of the salary cap?

(Does this issue deserve its own thread?)

The Broncos culture is to be successful, to be accountable and to represent the jersey and the city of Brisbane proudly. It means taking unders for the privilege of being part of the club if need be. It means making sacrifices, even if it is at your own expense because you, as part of the club, are not better or bigger than the club. It means you never give up and you never surrender. And it means you don’t makes excuses.

Now, is Seibold alone in bringing this culture down? Absolutely not but when you front up to the media after another epic loss and provide excuse after excuse and even before games at times, you are diluting the culture. When he refused to drop under-performing players, when he could not attract any decent players, the culture was diluted further. Then came over-reactions, finger pointing, hand waving over mouths, looking clueless in front of the camera and refusing to leave even though it was clear the side was going dramatically backwards. Yes, this is not just Broncos culture but also winning culture in general. But in many ways this is and should be one and the same.

He preached a new upward direction, he proved totally the opposite, and fast.

He isn’t alone in bringing down the culture but the club always at least appeared professional, he brought in amateur hour and the rest is history.

The Broncos culture is to be successful, to be accountable and to represent the jersey and the city of Brisbane proudly. It means taking unders for the privilege of being part of the club if need be. It means making sacrifices, even if it is at your own expense because you, as part of the club, are not better or bigger than the club. It means you never give up and you never surrender. And it means you don’t makes excuses.

Now, is Seibold alone in bringing this culture down? Absolutely not but when you front up to the media after another epic loss and provide excuse after excuse and even before games at times, you are diluting the culture. When he refused to drop under-performing players, when he could not attract any decent players, the culture was diluted further. Then came over-reactions, finger pointing, hand waving over mouths, looking clueless in front of the camera and refusing to leave even though it was clear the side was going dramatically backwards. Yes, this is not just Broncos culture but also winning culture in general. But in many ways this is and should be one and the same.

He preached a new upward direction, he proved totally the opposite, and fast.

He isn’t alone in bringing down the culture but the club always at least appeared professional, he brought in amateur hour and the rest is history.

I get all that, and I agree with all that, however, I don't see that it answers my question about what makes the "Broncos Culture" something special, unique, and different to the same winning parameters applied to other clubs, and equally, to bad coaches who cause the same chaos to them as Seibold did to us. Or even Henjak and Hook. Sure our culture is unique because we are Brisbane, but that is simply geography, and not a sufficient explanation for this metaphysical thing I see the Broncos Culture being, as used in the media, and so often, on here.

If we call it "our proud culture", or our club's culture", then that's fine, but a unique broncos Culture seems to be actually at the heart of a lot of our problems, like living up to unrealistic expectations as I flagged in my post above, and, which places any post-Bennett coach under a very difficult and dangerous microscope. Kevvie beware!

Last edited:
This thread has gotten to deep for me.
All I know is our culture is shit at the moment.
Hopefully kevvie can turn it around.

I get all that, and I agree with all that, however, I don't see that it answers my question about what makes the "Broncos Culture" something special, unique, and different to the same winning parameters applied to other clubs, and equally, to bad coaches who cause the same chaos to them as Seibold did to us. Or even Henjak and Hook. Sure our culture is unique because we are Brisbane, but that is simply geography, and not a sufficient explanation for this metaphysical thing I see the Broncos Culture being, as used in the media, and so often, on here.

If we call it "our proud culture", or our club's culture", then that's fine, but a unique broncos Culture seems to be actually at the heart of a lot of our problems, like living up to unrealistic expectations as I flagged in my post above, and, which places any post-Bennett coach under a very difficult and dangerous microscope. Kevvie beware!

Broncos culture is winning and competing. It might be going into the sheds half time down by 10, and the opposition still feeling nervous. It's oppositions teams looking at fixtures and seeing 'Broncos' and saying 'damn'. It's opposition fans hating us because they are jealous.

Broncos culture isn't the shit we served up since Siebold took over. Pea hearted capitulations week in and week out.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • barker
  • Bish
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • bb_gun
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.