Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

Considering the $ he has thrown away I have difficulty getting my head around that him quitting was solely his idea.
All he had to do was hang around for another 5 weeks then go through another sham review where it would be predetermined he gets punted and he walks away with another 1mil+ in his pocket.
Club wouldn't have been any worse off with another 5 weeks of this bloke except financially.
If it was all about his family surely another 5 weeks for an extra 1mil+ is in their interests as well.
If your kids are suffering exponentially what difference is 1 million or 2? The bloke has walked away with 3Mill from 2 years of work, his financial security is A-OK.

Asked about Wayne taking a footy manager role, PW not really interested in speaking about WB.
I imagine he wouldn't want to talk about both of his biggest ever **** ups in the same press conference.

Dont make excuses for the flop. Just because hes a big sad puppy dog doesnt take away the fact hes an absolute potato of a coach.
Not making excuses at all. But to lay this all on Seibold is foolish and hides the fact there are other issues at the club which have contributed to the situation we are in, more specifically the senior players. There's no way blokes who have played 150+ games don't know how to play footy and do the fundamentals. You don't need a coach to tell you to play with intent, commitment and effort.

Nobody has to forget what happened over the last two years and just move on. Bennett wasn’t afforded that luxury by some of you when he was fucked over by the club, Hunt didn’t when he left, McCullough didn’t and I guarantee Boyd won’t. The bloke wasn’t good enough and had a shitty attitude throughout his time here and made a lot of enemies out of fans. He should never have had the job in the first place so the blame needs to be placed squarely at the feet of the board now that he is gone.

While I agree in theory, ultimately his shit man management is the reason the players gave up. It all starts and ends with the head coach and he was out of his depth. He may know what players are good/shit but that doesn't mean he knows how to coach them.

He's been a flop everywhere he's been except for 1 year at Souths, so I'm pretty confident we've done the absolute best thing possible by the club by giving him the arse early.

I'm sure he'll find an assistant coaching role somewhere in the future but a head coach he is not, and there's no shame in that. There's only like 10 people in the country who are actually head coach material.
No doubt it was the best decision to move him on, but the players also need to take ownership for their part in all this.

Well this resignation has scared the shit out of the Titans, they've quickly extended Holbrook until 2024. The TItans are hilarious.

Considering the $ he has thrown away I have difficulty getting my head around that him quitting was solely his idea.
All he had to do was hang around for another 5 weeks then go through another sham review where it would be predetermined he gets punted and he walks away with another 1mil+ in his pocket.
Club wouldn't have been any worse off with another 5 weeks of this bloke except financially.
If it was all about his family surely another 5 weeks for an extra 1mil+ is in their interests as well.
It’s the Malcolm Tucker ‘honourable resignation’. Him stepping down now looks much better on him. I would also say that the impact on his family has been horrible and another 5 weeks is a long time. It was the right time to leave

Can I just say, the Titans announcing Holbrook's extension on the same day is a clutch move.

Could you imagine the response from both the media and our fans if we gave a 3 year extension to a coach that had won just 4 of 15 games. (this give Holbrook another 4 years at the Titans)

did they not learn from our mistake

Despite the titans record, they've actually had stages throughout games where they have looked good. They haven't put an 80 minute performance together yet, but they were starting from such a low baseline that I've actually enjoyed some of their play. Whereas we went from one win away from minor premiers to one loss away from the spoon.

I doubt he quit.

This is a PR exercise.

I’m disgraced by those of you who are still sticking the boot in to AS. Absolutely pathetic. **** you very much.

I personally believe AS was the right coach at the wrong time. Following WB is always a poisoned chalice as every coach in that position has shown.

I honestly believe that AS did his absolute best, but he wasn’t the right bloke for the job at the time. It’s not like he was sitting on his hands.

All the best Anthony to you and your family. You’ve made the right decision; family always comes first.
It was a dull, monotone and tediously scripted speech, but it wasn't terrible. Just uninspiring, and a glimpse into why he failed as a head coach. He was always dreadful in front of a microphone. I've said this before: dead behind the eyes.

Fronting the cameras is a big part of the job as head coach of the Broncos. You get found out pretty quick if you can't play their game. Bennett rarely let them in. Which is one way of playing it.

If your reaction is to feel pity for him, then that's not a great reflection on his status as a leader. Few people can pull off a concession or resignation speech with immense dignity amidst failure of their own design. I can think of three off the top of my head: John Howard (1987), John McCain (2008) and David Cameron (2016).

Last edited:
To me this is actually a disappointing day... not because I wanted Seibold to hang around, rather it is because the culture at the Broncos has been allowed to degrade to this point.

Putting Seibold's coaching aside this whole situation seems to be a war between the head office and the playing group.

The head office started the war and have lost, and now the playing group know they can kick stones and get a coach sacked.

The place leaks like a sieve and there's fractures everywhere... who knows if or when the Broncos of old will return, but much more blood letting is needed before this all finishes up.

Above all else the club from head office to playing group need to get their shit sorted and become a united front otherwise we'll be staring down the barrel of becoming a stock standard Sydney plodder like parra

If your kids are suffering exponentially what difference is 1 million or 2? The bloke has walked away with 3Mill from 2 years of work, his financial security is A-OK.

Will him walking away now and not in 5 weeks time guarantee his kids will stop suffering?

I’m disgraced by those of you who are still sticking the boot in to AS. Absolutely pathetic. **** you very much.

I personally believe AS was the right coach at the wrong time. Following WB is always a poisoned chalice as every coach in that position has shown.

I honestly believe that AS did his absolute best, but he wasn’t the right bloke for the job at the time. It’s not like he was sitting on his hands.

All the best Anthony to you and your family. You’ve made the right decision; family always comes first.

Well said mate.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.