Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

While I agree in theory, ultimately his shit man management is the reason the players gave up. It all starts and ends with the head coach and he was out of his depth. He may know what players are good/shit but that doesn't mean he knows how to coach them.

He's been a flop everywhere he's been except for 1 year at Souths, so I'm pretty confident we've done the absolute best thing possible by the club by giving him the arse early.

I'm sure he'll find an assistant coaching role somewhere in the future but a head coach he is not, and there's no shame in that. There's only like 10 people in the country who are actually head coach material.

Not entirely true. We have been over this before but I feel it is worth stating given what has just happened.

At this club, in this context of Seibold screwing up, I disagree that "it all starts and ends with the head coach". At this club, in this context, we have had tails wagging the dog.

Equally, It is not theory as you say about why players gave up, it is reality, that senior players refused to put in, and, not all players gave up. As the SMH reports: "Club insiders say since the COVID-19 break, the team has been divided between those who were prepared to play for Seibold and those who weren’t." As I observed elsewhere, you can't coach a team if players refuse to be coached. And that they did. Those players not only torpedoed any chance Seibold had of success, but also adversely impacted the morale of our younger players, and thus the team as a whole.

As for man management, I completely agree that his skills at that simply weren't up to scratch, especially with the roster he inherited. However, some perspective is useful here. It is not easy for a coach to man manage when he is faced with a systematic, planned campaign to discredit him and ultimately, to get rid of him, before he even started, a campaign first started by, as the SMH again put it: "The first wave (of attacks against Seibold) came from the frontline of former Broncos players who were angry Seibold was appointed head coach ahead of Kevin Walters."

Nor is it a good environment to man manage when again, as the SMH put it: " ... it can be revealed former Broncos players have been privately messaging Miller (Michael Miller, News Corp CEO) to vent their frustration because of how poorly the side has been performing." Then you get scum like Phil Miller, the Broncos' largest private investor, who, as I understand it, was banned from the dressing room at the request of players, publicly comparing Seibold to a “cancer that needs to be cut out before the Broncos die”.

Then you have the sense of entitlement by some players, again discussed in these threads, and as put by the SMH: "There’s certainly a whiff of entitlement about many of them, not least Tevita Pangai jnr who now wants to stay at the club — with the help of a PR adviser — despite trashing it for weeks."

So, "The deliberate, methodical campaign to extract Seibold from Red Hill (has) finally succeeded", started before he even began coaching, and then while he was coaching.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wo...owner-on-last-day-in-job-20200825-p55p8o.html

I agree entirely that he was the wrong coach for us, that his methods failed and that our results reflected that, however it is neither fair, accurate nor true to simply dump everything on Seibold for this utter fiasco as a few of the mindless, thoughtless, vitriolic posters on here do, compounded, as their posts clearly show, by their callous, utter lack and disregard not only for the truth, but also the humanity of a man they seek to pillory for reasons that reflect more on their inanity than the failings of the coach they seek to destroy because it suits their blind agenda of hate.

Last edited:
See I've been called a piece of shit about 4 times in this thread now for voicing my very valid opinion - so I'm going to push back.
So, you've been called out as being 'a piece of shit' for your posts in ONE thread... Perhaps there's something for you to learn from that?

For all of his failings over his trainwreck of a tenure with us, I thought Seibs did handle himself really well in that press conference. Hell it can't have been easy being in the spotlight like that whilst trying to remain calm and dignified. Paul White on the other hand, he was quite literally squirming in his seat, particularly when the question was asked by Dobbo about what accountability means. He just answered with jibberish.

Despite the titans record, they've actually had stages throughout games where they have looked good. They haven't put an 80 minute performance together yet, but they were starting from such a low baseline that I've actually enjoyed some of their play. Whereas we went from one win away from minor premiers to one loss away from the spoon.
We really need to take the injuries into account, difference between bad and diabolical Imo

So, you've been called out as being 'a piece of shit' for your posts in ONE thread... Perhaps there's something for you to learn from that?
That people don't like being wrong?

Just got a text from a friend who only has a passing interest in footy: "what's going on with the Broncos?"

How do you answer that?
Sorry - new phone - who is this? And then quickly get a new sim card and number.

If the team kept winning, he would look like a genius for making those recruitment and retention decisions. But, instead the senior players decided to stop putting in because he got rid of their mates, which has contributed to the year we've had.
No. Prove it. DB had his best year in a long time. Alex Glenn gave his best. Total bullshit excuse. It wasn't the players. The coach fucked it. Plain and simple. 100% on him.

No. Prove it. DB had his best year in a long time. Alex Glenn gave his best. Total bullshit excuse. It wasn't the players. The coach fucked it. Plain and simple. 100% on him.
Boyd's the most senior and he's the one behind the posts every time talking to the team not the man child captain Pies appointed. This isn't a dig at Pat, he's just young.

Not making excuses at all. But to lay this all on Seibold is foolish and hides the fact there are other issues at the club which have contributed to the situation we are in, more specifically the senior players. There's no way blokes who have played 150+ games don't know how to play footy and do the fundamentals. You don't need a coach to tell you to play with intent, commitment and effort.
Rubbish. What senior players? Boyd? Best season in years. Glenn, tried his best. Oates, tried hard and injured. So, who are you blaming?

Just got a text from a friend who only has a passing interest in footy: "what's going on with the Broncos?"

How do you answer that?

Easy, send this:

LastingAccomplishedBaiji-size_restricted.gif

Well this resignation has scared the shit out of the Titans, they've quickly extended Holbrook until 2024. The TItans are hilarious.
Or have made a very smart decision. You cannot possibly know how it will turn out. How can you make such a silly statement? The only sensible observation is ' I don't know how it will turn out but my gut instinct tells me it will end in failure.

What does it matter to you what I think and who appointed you as the Goat protector? I base my judgment on the fact that unless it relates to Milford or Bennett (and then only being supportive of those individuals) his posting history is one of overwhelmingly negativity and dragging threads off point. I would struggle to find a positive post from him unless it was related to Milford. That is my view, it is an honestly held view so I think I will end the discussion here.
So what? It matters to me because it irks me to see certain members, including some on the staff, decide that they are the sole arbiters of who can be a Broncos fan. That type of you're not a real fan if you don't believe what I believe/act how I act performative bullshit makes every thread it occurs in a harder read and the site overall a less pleasant place to be.

It's worse when a particular poster is singled out for personal abuse in plenty of threads by the same crew over and over, some of whom don't mind throwing abuse at the players they dislike while getting terribly upset if someone mentions Seibold's weight, or bitching about the players and/or former coaches they hate while saying that people who talk about Pies the same way aren't even Broncos fans. Hell, if you're going to play Judge Judy and executioner with regards to anyone suspected of being a double-plus unfan, why not start with the crackpots spreading deep state style conspiracy theories about players deliberately not performing? After all, if you can't support the players then maybe you're just not a Real Fan and should go find some other club to support.

For all of his failings over his trainwreck of a tenure with us, I thought Seibs did handle himself really well in that press conference. Hell it can't have been easy being in the spotlight like that whilst trying to remain calm and dignified. Paul White on the other hand, he was quite literally squirming in his seat, particularly when the question was asked by Dobbo about what accountability means. He just answered with jibberish.
We have seen two sides to Seibs in his short tenure and both at the opposite ends of the spectrum. On his appointment, he was brash, cocky, arrogant and super confident of creating a dynasty out of the mess Bennett had supposedly created.

Fast forward to today, a broken man who is beaten down and totally defeated by the past 18 months due to poor on field results , relentless media scrutiny, fan disharmony and horrific online claims pertaining to his private life. His future is clouded knowing that he is leaving this club in a deplorable state.

I said from the start that he has "mighty big kahunas" taking on a job of this sort. A glamour club whose fans expect premiership contention on a yearly basis. If it fucked up, it would cost him his career. Clearly, he was in way over his head from day one.

I hope he can dig himself out of this as I also hope the Broncos can dig themselves out of the massive crater he has left behind. A truly awful coach but a human being just the same and I hope he can secure future employment in the sport at a later date.

So what? It matters to me because it irks me to see certain members, including some on the staff, decide that they are the sole arbiters of who can be a Broncos fan. That type of you're not a real fan if you don't believe what I believe/act how I act performative bullshit makes every thread it occurs in a harder read and the site overall a less pleasant place to be.

It's worse when a particular poster is singled out for personal abuse in plenty of threads by the same crew over and over, some of whom don't mind throwing abuse at the players they dislike while getting terribly upset if someone mentions Seibold's weight, or bitching about the players and/or former coaches they hate while saying that people who talk about Pies the same way aren't even Broncos fans. Hell, if you're going to play Judge Judy and executioner with regards to anyone suspected of being a double-plus unfan, why not start with the crackpots spreading deep state style conspiracy theories about players deliberately not performing? After all, if you can't support the players then maybe you're just not a Real Fan and should go find some other club to support.

BHQ is currently venting at each other it seems.

Forming-storming-norming-performing is the model of group development and getting a team to perform as a cohesive unit. I think Pies resigning has put us back to the storming stage. I wonder how much more support Patty will get on Friday night now that there is a void to fill.

BHQ is currently venting at each other it seems.

Forming-storming-norming-performing is the model of group development and getting a team to perform as a cohesive unit. I think Pies resigning has put us back to the storming stage. I wonder how much more support Patty will get on Friday night now that there is a void to fill.
100% mate, and we all know you can't have Storms without unnecessary aggression, poor sportsmanship and a blatant disregard for both the rules and basic human decency. Now where's me boat?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Dazza 92
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.