Anthony Seibold is no longer our coach

I did mean to say that @Sproj is probably the most humblest, loveliest person on here, so I’m surprised tbh. My comments weren’t really directed at him solely. Some of the most intelligent people on here are way worse regarding this matter. I do note that the more caring ones have opted out of the discussion almost entirely; good to see.
I think given basically none of us live in the public spotlight to the extent Seibold does/did, coupled with the fact that a similarly low number of us have ever experienced the same level of attack he and his family did, let alone in such a public fashion to know how we would react or handle it, I think refraining from holding too strong an opinion one way or the other seems the most reasonable thing to do.

Last edited:
I think they are pressuring for the creation of a specific offence for cyber bullying, it appears to me that has been the aim for Molan and Seibold all along.
Well given Molan's daddy is a high up LNP affiliate, she probably has a chance to influence change.

I still think Seibold is a moron for spending the crazy money he did on a wild goose chase. He was conned by some ex special forces wankers who sold him a story that they would find out who it is easily. He should be suing them now for fraud.

Well given Molan's daddy is a high up LNP affiliate, she probably has a chance to influence change.

I still think Seibold is a moron for spending the crazy money he did on a wild goose chase. He was conned by some ex special forces wankers who sold him a story that they would find out who it is easily. He should be suing them now for fraud.
We will never know what the motivations were for Seibold, but if they want to focus a light on the topic and try to force some change, people with some profile like Molan and Seibold are important as a rallying point and to get much needed publicity for the subject, exactly like the 60 Minutes piece.

He has said all along it is not about the money, so if he has an intent to bring about an important change and is willing to front up with his cash to do so, more power to him. I respect him for it. If they are ultimately successful in bringing about a change in the laws that saves some poor kid from committing suicide because of cyber bullying, they will have earnt all of our thanks in my view.

I think if he sued them he would just be throwing good money after bad.

We will never know what the motivations were for Seibold, but if they want to focus a light on the topic and try to force some change, people with some profile like Molan and Seibold are important as a rallying point and to get much needed publicity for the subject, exactly like the 60 Minutes piece.

He has said all along it is not about the money, so if he has an intent to bring about an important change and is willing to front up with his cash to do so, more power to him. I respect him for it. If they are ultimately successful in bringing about a change in the laws that saves some poor kid from committing suicide because of cyber bullying, they will have earnt all of our thanks in my view.

I agree with your overall point but it’s a shame there isn’t a more likeable duo pushingfor the cause than Molan and Seibold, and to do it on 60 minutes of all platforms.

That's my biggest take from the whole thing. Not that it's mean to say nasty things about someone online, but just how quickly it all fell apart for Pies. We had a reasonably famous multimillionaire with the highest of high moral grounds engaging patented European cybercrime experts, lawyers, having press conferences and discussions with the relevant authorities and what actually came of it? There were multiple articles that were drip fed, all essentially saying any day now the big name will be dropped and everyone will see that this type of thing has consequences. People made up rumours (oh sweet irony) that the source was a former Broncos coach, a disgruntled player or old boy, or a rival club boss. And what have we actually gotten thus far? Allegedly one part time country league referee, allegedly, who allegedly forwarded some of the more choice ones to his mates. We were promised the full wrath of Hades focused sufficiently to melt the vile individual behind this nefarious misdeed and instead we got a damp match. Hardly something to strike fear into the hearts of online hooligans.

Last edited:
I did mean to say that @Sproj is probably the most humblest, loveliest person on here, so I’m surprised tbh. My comments weren’t really directed at him solely. Some of the most intelligent people on here are way worse regarding this matter. I do note that the more caring ones have opted out of the discussion almost entirely; good to see.

Oh Soupy, I love you too man.

Not at all. The rumours were disgusting and malicious, everyone has admitted that but the way it was handled was really poor. You don't have to be a 'hater' to recognise that it was handled poorly.

Its difficult though isn't it.....
Don't deny...the rumours could go viral/get out of control
Do deny it and "the lady doth protest too much"...it must be true.

I mean..there's a lot of similar shit out there that happened to Seibold, I quite often see replies from an official "account" of a simple denial ...and its left at that. Sooner or later the rumour dies a natural death.
I certainly wouldn't have spent that sort of coin on fucken lawyers. If the rumours were lies......I'd rather spend the money making them truths. 🙃

I have also said repeatedly that I worry about his mental health after all the rubbish he went through outside of being the coach.

I wonder if he'll ever coach professionally again......and it won't be his choice. Would you hire him?

Last edited:
He really shouldn't have had to chase the authors of the rumors at all nrl should have been all over it from the get go regardless if it was some no name part time nswrl person.

I cannot disagree with this. How oft the sight of the means to do ill deeds, makes ill deeds done.
By bending over you invite entry and some seeing you in that position will take advantage. The way he handled it is not my method, I'd have fronted the media with the rumour running on a band at the bottom of the screen.

I'd stare into the camera and tell people that not only is the crap below not true but how would you feel if people did it to you, your partners, family or friends. I'd go on to say this shouldn't be part of celebrity and I might even go on to describe the kind of person I think would write such rubbish. No matter, bull by the horns, face the onslaught with resolution. One things certain, had he done so he'd be admired for his guts. Possibly even won a few fans back. I know I'd be on his side concerning the issue.
checked the time you posted Huge, you've been drinkin mellow yellow mate

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncorob
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Manifesto
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fitzy
  • Browny
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.