RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

Smith is speeding this up quick smart for us which is good
Expect a new coach and ceo this week I reckon so we can go hard for smith immediately

I look at it from the opposite pov. I dont see any pressure on him.
The semis are gone and Kevvie would get a good feel for what needs to change.
I'm particularly looking forward to Milf improving if Kevvie gets the job.

There are plenty down here at Wynnum where Green comes from and his family live who tell you he will be the coach.
I was suggesting he could come in and be around the group... so in that sense he could be speaking to Milf, etc. but basically not stepping on Gentle's toes.

I'd just want to be avoiding a complete overhaul of what they're doing with such a short period to go in the season... yes what they're doing is trash, but if Kevvie came in and tinkered with some things I think that would be fine, but coming in and sacking all the staff to bring his own people in, etc. would be very disruptive in my eyes... remember all the staff getting put on "gardening leave" half way through a preseason when Seibold came in

Having him around the group as a new voice would be a fresh of breath air around the playing group though.

It would also give Kevvie time to get everything in place so he can hit the ground running on December 1 or whenever preseason will start.

I have a feeling the preseason will be shorter this year given they're playing Origin in November and they'll want to get the 2021 season back onto normal scheduling ie. March kick off.

So any idea on when this will supposedly go down?
Lot of money involved, and it's likely to be Pies' biggest payout in his lifetime. He's be mad to rush it.

At least we know why Paul White filed his "dossier" straight to the bin.

Stunning that the club have moved prior to appointing a new CEO. I actually think that I agree with Ikin's summation of the situation (it's one of the most impressive thing's he said actually) that as an incoming CEO I'd want to take a look at the place thoroughly and with objectivity before I decided that Seibold was 100% responsible and needed to go, even if on the surface it's really easy to come to that conclusion from the outside looking in.

To be honest, it does lend some weight to the idea that there is something behind the scenes making Seibold's position untenable going forward. Whether those are personal reasons, or perhaps even related to the rumours going around is obviously anyone's guess, but something must have shifted beyond just the football results to force the Broncos to move mid-season and just before a new CEO is appointed and started work.

I'm torn on what to do if he chooses to go. My heart says just appoint Kevvie and get him in to start righting the ship ASAP. Logically though, there are only a handful of rounds to go and we have a Caretaker Coach who appears to be doing a reasonable job, so perhaps it's time to pause, take stock of the situation and let the dust settle before making a call to bring someone else in. Walters has an Origin series in a couple of months, as well as a host of media commitments, so even from his point of view, it might be best to avoid taking the reigns before this season is completed.

I think removing the emotion from it all, it's probably best to let Gentle see out the season and appoint a new CEO fairly urgently so they themselves can begin reviewing our operation and then conduct the process of appointing a new Head Coach in line with overhauling our football operations overall.

Last edited:
Sounding like it’ll be a battle between the Broncos and Titans (Fifita showdown rd2 ding ding) for the signature of Smith.
I wonder now if the tits regret going all in for Fifi..I guess it’s a bit of an odd situation, Fifita for 3yrs, where Smith will more then likely be a 1yr deal.
The Smith get will be much broader then just on field though, you’d think there would be a coaching gig for life after footy.
Smith would be a PR dream, especially with the sponsorship $ he would bring to the club. Would most definitely drive up our share price.
Hopefully it happens, you’d think with Boyd, Kahu, Bird (?), TPJ (?) and Fifita’s money we would be able to go all in.
Could also explain why they’re taking their time with TPJ’s situation. That’ll free up a fair bit of coin in the race for Smith.

Sounding like it’ll be a battle between the Broncos and Titans (Fifita showdown rd2 ding ding) for the signature of Smith.
I wonder now if the tits regret going all in for Fifi..I guess it’s a bit of an odd situation, Fifita for 3yrs, where Smith will more then likely be a 1yr deal.
The Smith get will be much broader then just on field though, you’d think there would be a coaching gig for life after footy.
Smith would be a PR dream, especially with the sponsorship $ he would bring to the club. Would most definitely drive up our share price.
Hopefully it happens, you’d think with Boyd, Kahu, Bird (?), TPJ (?) and Fifita’s money we would be able to go all in.
Could also explain why they’re taking their time with TPJ’s situation. That’ll free up a fair bit of coin in the race for Smith.
I think the TPJ situation is unrelated. Truthfully this is a huge call in it's own right because he's obviously an absolute gun at his best, but he comes with a tremendous amount of baggage/risk and I think the club is rightly deliberating over whether to move him on while they have a legitimate chance, or take him at his word and give him one last chance here.

As for Smith, I think he'd have to be looking at a 2 year deal to bother going to either club. At absolute worst, you'd think it'd be one year with the option for one more, which is a rare occasion where a player option is probably a fair enough thing for both parties.

Your point about Fifita v Smith is an intriguing one though. Hard to say which player you'd prefer under those circumstances. Realistically they both have positive and negative aspects but both will undoubtedly help their club tremendously from a marketing and commercial perspective.

Last edited:
Stunning that the club have moved prior to appointing a new CEO. I actually think that I agree with Ikin's summation of the situation (it's one of the most impressive thing's he said actually) that as an incoming CEO I'd want to take a look at the place thoroughly and with objectivity before I decided that Seibold was 100% responsible and needed to go, even if on the surface it's really easy to come to that conclusion from the outside looking in.

To be honest, it does lend some weight to the idea that there is something behind the scenes making Seibold's position untenable going forward. Whether those are personal reasons, or perhaps even related to the rumours going around is obviously anyone's guess, but something must have shifted beyond just the football results to force the Broncos to move mid-season and just before a new CEO is appointed and started work.

I'm torn on what to do if he chooses to go. My heart says just appoint Kevvie and get him in to start righting the ship ASAP. Logically though, there are only a handful of rounds to go and we have a Caretaker Coach who appears to be doing a reasonable job, so perhaps it's time to pause, take stock of the situation and let the dust settle before making a call to bring someone else in. Walters has an Origin series in a couple of months, as well as a host of media commitments, so even from his point of view, it might be best to avoid taking the reigns before this season is completed.

I think removing the emotion from it all, it's probably best to let Gentle see out the season and appoint a new CEO fairly urgently so they themselves can begin reviewing our operation and then conduct the process of appointing a new Head Coach in line with overhauling our football operations overall.

This. The club needs to consult with the kingmakers amongst the player group

I think the TPJ situation is unrelated. Truthfully this is a huge call in it's own right because he's obviously an absolute gun at his best, but he comes with a tremendous amount of baggage/risk and I think the club is rightly deliberating over whether to move him on while they have a legitimate chance, or take him at his word and give him one last chance here.

As for Smith, I think he'd have to be looking at a 2 year deal to bother going to either club. At absolute worst, you'd think it'd be one year with the option for one more, which is a rare occasion where a player option is probably a fair enough thing for both parties.

Your point about Fifita v Smith is an intriguing one though. Hard to say which player you'd prefer under those circumstances. Realistically they both have positive and negative aspects but both will undoubtedly help their club tremendously from a marketing and commercial perspective.
I really don't see the marketing value in Fifita atm , maybe in a few years but it's not going to happen straight away.

If it comes down to money, we will win hands down. But it won't be about money. It'll be where Smith wants to rebuild his life. Don't discount commentating as a competitor. He could go straight into Channel Nine on a cushier contract than being a club coach, and take over coaching the Maroons after Kevvie leaves. That's what I'd be doing in his shoes. Best of all worlds. **** being an assistant coach.

Last edited:
I really don't see the marketing value in Fifita atm , maybe in a few years but it's not going to happen straight away.
Really? I mean look,, he's not exactly Cam Smith, but the kid played his school boy footy down there so they'll easily be able to frame it as their prodigal son coming home, made even sweeter by the fact they got him back from their bullying older brother up the road.

He's also the exact kind of explosive, razzle dazzle player that easily suits highlight reels which is exactly what marketing guys love. If the Titans can't turn him into a marketing gold mine then frankly I think they need to hire new marketing people.

This. The club needs to consult with the kingmakers amongst the player group
I don't know if I agree there. Honestly, Boyd is retiring in a few weeks and Bird, Milford and TPJ already have one foot out the door basically, so that's a fair chunk of your senior players turning over in all likelihood.

As for who's left, honestly I don't think this group of players has earned the right to be kingmakers personally, so I certainly wouldn't be basing my decisions on what they want. Get the right guy in then let him to decide who he does or doesn't want to keep around.

Last edited:
I don't know if I agree there. Honestly, Boyd is retiring in a few weeks and Bird, Milford and TPJ already have one foot out the door basically, so that's a fair chunk of your senior players turning over in all likelihood.

As for who's left, honestly I don't think this group of players has earned the right to be kingmakers personally, so I certainly wouldn't be basing my decisions on what they want. Get the right guy in then let him to decide who he does or doesn't want to keep around.

I take your point. I was being sarcastic, or rather pointed about how much the tail has wagged the dog at the club, and about that consequence on our performances, as well as the consequences to Seibold's future as an unwanted NRL coach

Last edited:
He looks good on paper, but I still don’t rate his NRL achievements.

Premiership came from nothing he did, finals and finishes after that came from Michael Morgan running through everyone.

He became a meme amongst Cows fans for his unwillingness to change the team that wasn’t performing.
And not for just one season, year after year. He would go from building a game plan on JT2 to Payne and it would be Seib ball all over.

Frankly the only player I'd be prepared to take Coaching appointment advice from is Cameron Smith if/when he signed on the dotted line.

Including the dotted line of a coaching contract perhaps.

The ideal fantasy for me is Smith as captain coach next year, then coach after that

Last edited:

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • Swordfish
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Maroon4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ondi
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.