RUMOUR Anthony Seibold offered $1 Million to leave

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Two years max in my opinion. We'll have plenty of time to decide on an extension if it's warranted after the first 12 months or so.
Jeez, we gave pies 5 years with a decent team you want to decide after 12 months should kevvie not manage to douse the dumpster fire.

Dynamic changes a bit though if we have Smith.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Two plus one with the option in our favour seems about right.
Option in our favour is pointless in this context. In fact, it's almost always useless for the club. A player who is forced to be there and doesn't want to is awful for a club, I can only imagine how bad it would be if that was the Coach.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Option in our favour is pointless in this context. In fact, it's almost always useless for the club. A player who is forced to be there and doesn't want to is awful for a club, I can only imagine how bad it would be if that was the Coach.
It was more so we can flick him if he’s not performing not to keep him here if he wants to leave.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Really? I mean look,, he's not exactly Cam Smith, but the kid played his school boy footy down there so they'll easily be able to frame it as their prodigal son coming home, made even sweeter by the fact they got him back from their bullying older brother up the road.

He's also the exact kind of explosive, razzle dazzle player that easily suits highlight reels which is exactly what marketing guys love. If the Titans can't turn him into a marketing gold mine then frankly I think they need to hire new marketing people.
Born in Brisbane and played for acacia ridge as a youngster and then went to keebra , like a lot of kids do . Prodigal son my arse , was j Roberts a marketing dream because of his highlight reels?
Needs to be much more than that to be marketing dream, needs to stay away from Bali, pubs and pokies too.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Jeez, we gave pies 5 years with a decent team you want to decide after 12 months should kevvie not manage to douse the dumpster fire.

Dynamic changes a bit though if we have Smith.
What we gave Seibold is hardly relevant because it was an awful decision and shouldn't be used as any sort of yardstick.

All Coaching appointments should be for 3 years maximum, and probably two years for a rookie Coach makes good business sense. The only guys who really should be offered deals longer than 3 years at a time are the guys who have extensive success over a prolonged period - so currently only Bellamy, Robinson and perhaps Ricky Stuart.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
What we gave Seibold is hardly relevant because it was an awful decision and shouldn't be used as any sort of yardstick.

All Coaching appointments should be for 3 years maximum, and probably two years for a rookie Coach makes good business sense. The only guys who really should be offered deals longer than 3 years at a time are the guys who have extensive success over a prolonged period - so currently only Bellamy, Robinson and perhaps Ricky Stuart.
Yeah I don't feel our thoughts are too far apart on this so not going to get into another argument with someone on here lol.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The next person we bring in has to be the right person and it has to be for the right reasons. Such as better roster management, ability to sign players we need, ability to get the best out of the roster etc.

Bringing in someone just because they have Broncos DNA is how we end up with a situation like Mary at the Dragons, Cleary at the Warriors, Kearney at the Warriors etc.

Maybe Kevvie would do a better job. But his time as a head coach suggests otherwise. 2018 and 2019 was there for the taking but he could not get the best out of the side.

People can carry on about how he dropped all of those players for breaking curfew but none of them were a realistic chance of playing that year. He also didn’t make the changes the side needed until it was too late.

We could bring in Bellamy. But questions marks over whether he will even turn things around. These players obviously don’t want someone that’s going to flog them.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Born in Brisbane and played for acacia ridge as a youngster and then went to keebra , like a lot of kids do . Prodigal son my arse , was j Roberts a marketing dream because of his highlight reels?
Needs to be much more than that to be marketing dream, needs to stay away from Bali, pubs and pokies too.
I'm not saying it's based in reality, marketing hardly ever is. I'm simply pointing out that any marketing person worth their pay cheque will only be talking about the Keebra Park part of that story because it's what serves the Titans narrative best.

Fifita is also the Kangaroos U23's Captain and has had Rep Captaincy roles coming through the lower age sides, so I think your comparison to Roberts and presumption that he offers nothing from a marketing perspective are probably quite a long way off the mark.

He will be in every NRL ad and every piece of Titans marketing non stop next pre-season. I hope you remember this conversation when that time comes and you're sick of seeing his face in a Titans jersey on your TV screen in every Fox/NRL ad next February.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
The next person we bring in has to be the right person and it has to be for the right reasons. Such as better roster management, ability to sign players we need, ability to get the best out of the roster etc.

Bringing in someone just because they have Broncos DNA is how we end up with a situation like Mary at the Dragons, Cleary at the Warriors, Kearney at the Warriors etc.

Maybe Kevvie would do a better job. But his time as a head coach suggests otherwise. 2018 and 2019 was there for the taking but he could not get the best out of the side.

People can carry on about how he dropped all of those players for breaking curfew but none of them were a realistic chance of playing that year. He also didn’t make the changes the side needed until it was too late.

We could bring in Bellamy. But questions marks over whether he will even turn things around. These players obviously don’t want someone that’s going to flog them.
So who then?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Rothfield reckons Seibold will quit by the end of the day and Walters will replace him. Walters response:

“I haven’t had any contact at all with the Broncos about what’s happening there. I’ve just tried to stay in my lane and be respectful of everything that’s going on. I understand that Anthony’s under an enormous amount of pressure and the Broncos themselves have been since we came back from COVID … it’s just been horrible since the return of play.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017

We're no chance to get Bellamy because despite presumably wanting the best Coach in the game, we seem to be unwilling/unable to recognise that we'll need to pay up for that privilege.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Rothfield reckons Seibold will quit by the end of the day and Walters will replace him. Walters response:

“I haven’t had any contact at all with the Broncos about what’s happening there. I’ve just tried to stay in my lane and be respectful of everything that’s going on. I understand that Anthony’s under an enormous amount of pressure and the Broncos themselves have been since we came back from COVID … it’s just been horrible since the return of play.”

McHunt
If he's saying Walter will be appointed by the end of the day or even the end of the week, I seriously doubt it.

On principle I'd be hugely opposed to any replacement being appointed by the same people who appointed Seibold. That call belongs to the new CEO and whoever he calls on to help him make that decision.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We're no chance to get Bellamy because despite presumably wanting the best Coach in the game, we seem to be unwilling/unable to recognise that we'll need to pay up for that privilege.

don't start this again ... we offered him a big money contract. he turned us down

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If he's saying Walter will be appointed by the end of the day or even the end of the week, I seriously doubt it.
No, he means long term. He reckons he's already out the door it's just up to Moses and his lawyers to nut out the terms. As far as we're concerned he's already gone.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

On principle I'd be hugely opposed to any replacement being appointed by the same people who appointed Seibold. That call belongs to the new CEO and whoever he calls on to help him make that decision.

well, you're shit out of luck then ... because the board are going nowhere. the only change will be the CEO, and while he gets a say, he doesn't make the final decision

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

And be able to string a sentence together.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • broncsgoat
  • Spoon
  • Wolfie
  • jd87
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.