Anti-Storm thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rock said:
I don't understand the jealousy part though, not from a Broncos fan perspective anyway. What exactly do the Broncos fans need to be jealous of? We've been there, done that. We have 6 premierships, 19 consecutive finals and we've blooded more superstars than any other team in the last 20 years.

Becuase the Broncos are not the team they once were. Back in the 90s, broncos fans had no reason to be jelous of other teams because the Broncos were far and away the best team in the comp.

For the past few years the Storm has been a far superior team than the Broncos. Week in, week out they have been the form team in the NRL for about 5 years now. Something the Broncos haven't. Hence the jelousy.

OXY-351 said:
[quote="The Rock":2wfb8z75]I don't understand the jealousy part though, not from a Broncos fan perspective anyway. What exactly do the Broncos fans need to be jealous of? We've been there, done that. We have 6 premierships, 19 consecutive finals and we've blooded more superstars than any other team in the last 20 years.

Becuase the Broncos are not the team they once were. Back in the 90s, broncos fans had no reason to be jelous of other teams because the Broncos were far and away the best team in the comp.

For the past few years the Storm has been a far superior team than the Broncos. Week in, week out they have been the form team in the NRL for about 5 years now. Something the Broncos haven't. Hence the jelousy.[/quote:2wfb8z75]

Oh, so we didn't win the GF in 2006, why was Hoffman crying then? Is he just a bitch?

OXY-351 said:
[quote="The Rock":22jxd7uq]I don't understand the jealousy part though, not from a Broncos fan perspective anyway. What exactly do the Broncos fans need to be jealous of? We've been there, done that. We have 6 premierships, 19 consecutive finals and we've blooded more superstars than any other team in the last 20 years.

For the past few years the Storm has been a far superior team than the Broncos. Week in, week out they have been the form team in the NRL for about 5 years now. Something the Broncos haven't. Hence the jelousy.[/quote:22jxd7uq]

Why don't you spend some of your time defending the Broncos if your such a fan FFS. I am not for one second jealous of the Storm. I don't like any of there players and I wouldn't want to be a fan and wear purple jersey! [icon_shru

So when you say you don't like any of their players - what do you do when Smith, Inglis, Slater are playing in Maroon? Do you hate them then?

Trust me I'm not a huge Storm fan (though I can appreciate a lot of their skills), but it really irks me when people say "I hate so and so...", except when they play for another team they support they love them. It's what I used to hate most about Vautin back in the 90s. He couldn't stand the Broncos and would bag them week to week - except during Origin when those same players were his absolute faves.

Nah I always hate them. I cheer on the jersey not the player.

ddd said:
OXY-351 said:
[quote="The Rock":3dv5vwc5]I don't understand the jealousy part though, not from a Broncos fan perspective anyway. What exactly do the Broncos fans need to be jealous of? We've been there, done that. We have 6 premierships, 19 consecutive finals and we've blooded more superstars than any other team in the last 20 years.

For the past few years the Storm has been a far superior team than the Broncos. Week in, week out they have been the form team in the NRL for about 5 years now. Something the Broncos haven't. Hence the jelousy.

Oh, so we didn't win the GF in 2006, why was Hoffman crying then? Is he just a bitch?[/quote:3dv5vwc5]

So a win in one game makes the Broncos far superior then?

How many GFs have the storm made and won in the past 5 years? What about the Broncos?

How many times have the Storm beaten the Broncos in finals in the past 5 years?

Do you think the Storm are in the hunt for this years title? What about the Broncos

Just come to terms with the fact the Storm have been a far superior team to the Broncos over the past 5 years, and I'm sure this is one of the main reasons there is such an anti storm sentiement on here.

And you acuse Storm fans of thinking there is no-one better ever. Ironic much?

Bucking Beads said:
Why don't you spend some of your time defending the Broncos if your such a fan FFS. [icon_shru

Because I'm not a one eyed fan and can appreciate a good team when I see one.

I'd love to see the Broncos still being the becnhmark team in the NRL, but the fact is they aren't at the moment, and a team such a Melbourne who have been so domiant for a number of years should be applauded.

OXY-351 said:
ddd said:
[quote="OXY-351":3htfnxz4][quote="The Rock":3htfnxz4]I don't understand the jealousy part though, not from a Broncos fan perspective anyway. What exactly do the Broncos fans need to be jealous of? We've been there, done that. We have 6 premierships, 19 consecutive finals and we've blooded more superstars than any other team in the last 20 years.

Oh, so we didn't win the GF in 2006, why was Hoffman crying then? Is he just a bitch?[/quote:3htfnxz4]

So a win in one game makes the Broncos far superior then?

How many GFs have the storm made and won in the past 5 years? What about the Broncos?

How many times have the Storm beaten the Broncos in finals in the past 5 years?

Do you think the Storm are in the hunt for this years title? What about the Broncos

Just come to terms with the fact the Storm have been a far superior team to the Broncos over the past 5 years, and I'm sure this is one of the main reasons there is such an anti storm sentiement on here.

And you acuse Storm fans of thinking there is no-one better ever. Ironic much?[/quote:3htfnxz4]

Seemed to hit a nerve there, must suck loosing a grand final

All I said was that we won a gf in the last 5 years, 2006 is within the last 5 years.

Yes, you can use the word ironic, do you want a frigging medal?

LOL this is classic, why are Stormfans hanging around these parts anyway??

Bucking Beads said:
LOL this is classic, why are Stormfans hanging around these parts anyway??

I thought I made it clear we wanted them to piss off? Can't they read??

As discussed above, the thing I hate about SOO is those damn Melbourne players, that grub smith and that hack slater - every time he looks at touching the ball, I swear he's wearing blue - such a damn hack

At least Bellamy is a such a stinking failure at SOO, guess he could go pick the other half of the storm team, the side not made up of brisbane juniors, and make up the blues side again - oh, that's right, he already tried that and screwed up big styles [eusa_doh

The Rock said:
Way to miss the point. Considering how much success the Broncos have had in the past, we don't have any reason to be jealous. I'm not the slightest bit jealous of the storm. Good for them, they're having a good run right now and they're extremely successful. But we've been there, done that too and we've got some great players in our team, and when we're performing well we're an exciting team to watch, not to mention we're extremely financially secure so no chance of folding.

I'm struggling to understand why any Broncos could be "jealous" of the Storm.

If you're a Broncos fan and you're jealous of the Storm's immediate success in comparison to ours then you are spoilt. We've had some great times, 6 premierships, 19 consecutive final appearances....it's great. What the Storm have achieved in the last 5 years doesn't make me jealous because Brisbane have had that sort of success before. I bet a lot of Broncos fans are with me.

Nah, I didn't miss your point at all. It seems you might have missed mine though.

I realise that the Broncos, in terms of total club history, are a far superior team to the Storm. The broncos have proven themselves time and time again, whereas the Storm have only really been successful for the past 5 years.

My point was though that at a time when your club isn't doing so well, it's sometimes easy to be jelous of other teams who are.

I think it's great you take in to account how successful the Broncos have been since they entered the NRL and aren't just basing any jelousy on current form. I just don't think the same can be said for all on here.

Broncos fans have been spoilt due to how successful the club has been. I'm not so sure they handle losing as well as winning.

ddd said:
Seemed to hit a nerve there, must suck loosing a grand final

Wouldn't know. Never lost one myself

Did I hit a nerve with you though? Did you realise you really have no basis for the current argument, cause you don't seem to be contributing much other than telling people to piss off.

Just face it, you suck at arguing

ddd said:
Yes, you can use the word ironic, do you want a frigging medal?

I also find it ironic that you are calling Melbourne players grubs and questioning whether they play within the spirit of the game, yet you list Hodges as your favourite player. That could be the new definition of Irony. Hodges is without doubt the biggest grub in the Broncos team, if not the NRL.

I'll be honest. I hate the Storm. I hated Canberra in the early 90s. I hated Manly in the mid-90s. I hated the Roosters in the early 00s. I hate dominant teams, when it's not the Broncos. I wouldn't call it jealousy per se, envy maybe (subtle difference).

I envy their success, but I wouldn't want the Broncos to play like any of them ('90s Canberra maybe), and I wouldn't want all their players, their coach etc.

People who love the Storm love their clinical, methodical, structured method. Great. I hate it. It's dull. But it works. The rule tinkering, KPIs, all the other rule tweaks, they're all about technicalities. To exploit them you need to play methodical, technical footy. Melbourne does it to perfection. As I said, I wouldn't want the Broncos to do the same.

I dislike rugby league as a game at the moment. The rules mainlyn. They're frustrating, overcomplicated, and lead to a focus on stats, completions, methodical, no mistake footy. That's why I love the Warriors, Panthers and Tigers...they seem to say to hell with that, we'll play footy. Good on 'em.

I hate the salary cap. As Gus says it hasn't evened the talent, it's depleted it meaning if you get some key injuries you're fcuked. The Storm have been incredibly lucky with injuries, rarely getting them to key players, rarely for a long time, and never at a key point in the season (Cam Smith's grapple suspension in 2008 probably their worst, though not an injury).

FTR, I dislike the Titans for a similar reason. they play cod boring footy focussed on completions and no mistakes. Boring as hell.

There you have it.

Coxy said:
I'll be honest. I hate the Storm. I hated Canberra in the early 90s. I hated Manly in the mid-90s. I hated the Roosters in the early 00s. I hate dominant teams, when it's not the Broncos. I wouldn't call it jealousy per se, envy maybe (subtle difference).

I envy their success, but I wouldn't want the Broncos to play like any of them ('90s Canberra maybe), and I wouldn't want all their players, their coach etc.

People who love the Storm love their clinical, methodical, structured method. Great. I hate it. It's dull. But it works. The rule tinkering, KPIs, all the other rule tweaks, they're all about technicalities. To exploit them you need to play methodical, technical footy. Melbourne does it to perfection. As I said, I wouldn't want the Broncos to do the same.

I dislike rugby league as a game at the moment. The rules mainlyn. They're frustrating, overcomplicated, and lead to a focus on stats, completions, methodical, no mistake footy. That's why I love the Warriors, Panthers and Tigers...they seem to say to hell with that, we'll play footy. Good on 'em.

I hate the salary cap. As Gus says it hasn't evened the talent, it's depleted it meaning if you get some key injuries you're ****. The Storm have been incredibly lucky with injuries, rarely getting them to key players, rarely for a long time, and never at a key point in the season (Cam Smith's grapple suspension in 2008 probably their worst, though not an injury).

FTR, I dislike the Titans for a similar reason. they play cod boring footy focussed on completions and no mistakes. Boring as hell.

There you have it.

Well said Coxy. Although I disagree with you, it is a valid point. Personally I think all the Storm haters envy them in the same way you do but aren't game to admit it, and they hate the clinical way in which the play but aren't game to admit that either. People say Smith is a grub, Slater is a grub, Blair is a grub, but it's all part of the system in which they have been playing footy in for most of/all of their footballing careers.

OXY-351 said:
Did I hit a nerve with you though? Did you realise you really have no basis for the current argument, cause you don't seem to be contributing much other than telling people to piss off.

Oh, I though mentioning a recent grand final win would be pertinent in a discussion about the success of the Broncos, but please tell how it isn't because you are such a good arguer.

Your the one desperate for a fight, I'm just here trying to enjoy bagging out the storm, I'm not interested in why you think they're great, I want to talk with like minded people and not waste time, we have different perspectives on Melbourne and we're not going to change based on an internet discussion.

I would think from the title of the thread you'd not bother reading the thread.

Just face it, you suck at arguing

Did you think that maybe I didn't care enough to bother with a proper discussion, because really, I'm not interested in how good you think they are - take it to another thread, I promise I won't dive in there and interrupt the fun

I also find it ironic that you are calling Melbourne players grubs and questioning whether they play within the spirit of the game, yet you list Hodges as your favourite player. That could be the new definition of Irony. Hodges is without doubt the biggest grub in the Broncos team, if not the NRL.

He'd need to play to be grubby, and despite it all, the NRL hasn't had to change the rules to reign in his behaviour (ala Slater), and he was never too focused on trying to injure that he missed a GF (Smith). But I guess that's what's good about the Broncos, our dirties player is cleaner then the cleanest Melbourne player icon_thumbs_u

Je$ter said:
Well said Coxy. Although I disagree with you, it is a valid point. Personally I think all the Storm haters envy them in the same way you do but aren't game to admit it, and they hate the clinical way in which the play but aren't game to admit that either. People say Smith is a grub, Slater is a grub, Blair is a grub, but it's all part of the system in which they have been playing footy in for most of/all of their footballing careers.

Yes, a grub system from a grubby coach and a grubby club that produces grubby players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • simplythebest
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • ell.d33
  • GCBRONCO
  • Scdeac
  • Broncosarethebest
  • LittleDavey
  • Allo
  • Stix
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Gaz
  • davidp
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.