Anti-Storm thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ddd said:
Also, how sweet was it watching Melbourne go down last night - they were so damn dirty about it!!! Did anyone Finch afterwards - what a bitch - he was all "But we're Melbourne, we don't get calls go against us??? How dare the refs penalise us!!!! They are all so damn arrogant -

It was a tough call tho... getting pinged for time wasting when the official clock said they still had 2 seconds left.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
QUEENSLANDER said:
ddd said:
Also, how sweet was it watching Melbourne go down last night - they were so damn dirty about it!!! Did anyone Finch afterwards - what a bitch - he was all "But we're Melbourne, we don't get calls go against us??? How dare the refs penalise us!!!! They are all so damn arrogant -

It was a tough call tho... getting pinged for time wasting when the official clock said they still had 2 seconds left.

But this is the sort of thing that happens when you fly so close to the wind - I mean really, using 38 of the 40 seconds, is it any surprise that the refs got the numbers wrong, bound to happen, if he was reasonable and only used like 20 secs then this is unlikely to happen

I get your point, but as I said...

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
haha to be honest I didn't think there would be such an awesome response to the Anti-Storm-ness...
I'm super glad there is... All my mates down here can't stand them as well...
Call it tall poppy syndrome if you will but the satisfaction of watching the Storm lose a GF is just too good!!! Last year was disastrous --> sydney media seriously would have creamed themselves if Hayne did something to win the title.
Reminds me of 04 = LOSE/LOSE
04 was a good old school style GF but I really, REALLY did not want either team to win.

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
ddd said:
OXY-351 said:
[quote="The Rock":2zk2u1w5]However, the Melbourne Storm, the team you have been cumming over for the last 4 years, are probanly the best in the competition at bending the rules as much as they can to get a win. Half of the rule changes were BECAUSE of the Melbourne Storm doing things on the field that were never in the spirit of the game of rugby league.

The Storm are not cheaters, but they are as close to cheaters as you can get.

He who interprets the rules best, wins. There is no shame in this

Gus Gould??

There's this thing called "spirit of the game"[/quote:2zk2u1w5]

Where are the rules that determine this "spirit of the game"? How can one determine if they are acting in the spirit of the game ot not?

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:
leading with your foot isnt as dangerous as you guys like to pretend it is,

canterbury-rampage-pro-rugby-boots-2237-1082_zoom.png

Anyone else keen to put one of these boots into AP's face with one of the tags going into his eye to show him how dangerous it could be??

They aren't allowed to be metal are they?

Yeah they are, but very few players wear them at all, unless its sloppy conditions.

Twiztid

Twiztid

NRL Player
Apr 14, 2009
Nashy said:
Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:
leading with your foot isnt as dangerous as you guys like to pretend it is,
Anyone else keen to put one of these boots into AP's face with one of the tags going into his eye to show him how dangerous it could be??

They aren't allowed to be metal are they?
Under the ARL's International Laws of the Game. PDF link below.

It says that Under the players equipment. Section 4. (f) Studs on boots or shoes shall be no less than
8mm diameter at the apex and, if made of metal, shall have rounded edges.

So they still can wear them but I think most of the blade type boots provide better grip and are also lighter.

http://www.australianrugbyleague.com.au ... 202010.pdf

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
However, the Melbourne Storm, the team you have been cumming over for the last 4 years, are probanly the best in the competition at bending the rules as much as they can to get a win. Half of the rule changes were BECAUSE of the Melbourne Storm doing things on the field that were never in the spirit of the game of rugby league.

Imo that is just smart coaching.

The grapple tackle was ingenious - it gave them extra time to win the ruck and the storm became the team that dominated the ruck becasue of it. Now that it is illegal, they have adapted it the way they wrestle - 3 in a tackle, moving the around so the ref doesn't call held, waiting till the line is set then finish the tackle on the ground.

WB is obviously a leader of men who can get the best out of players, but the next best coach in the comp imo is Bellamy, whose tactics and playing to his players strengths are ahead of everyone else in the comp.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
OXY-351 said:
ddd said:
[quote="OXY-351":ey7q96gb][quote="The Rock":ey7q96gb]However, the Melbourne Storm, the team you have been cumming over for the last 4 years, are probanly the best in the competition at bending the rules as much as they can to get a win. Half of the rule changes were BECAUSE of the Melbourne Storm doing things on the field that were never in the spirit of the game of rugby league.

Gus Gould??

There's this thing called "spirit of the game"[/quote:ey7q96gb]

Where are the rules that determine this "spirit of the game"? How can one determine if they are acting in the spirit of the game ot not?[/quote:ey7q96gb]

Typical response from a storm fan

I'm pretty certain there is a "spirit of the game" document, don't Melbourne use it for toilet paper?

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
ddd said:
OXY-351 said:
ddd said:
[quote="OXY-351":3hkqh6ge][quote="The Rock":3hkqh6ge]However, the Melbourne Storm, the team you have been cumming over for the last 4 years, are probanly the best in the competition at bending the rules as much as they can to get a win. Half of the rule changes were BECAUSE of the Melbourne Storm doing things on the field that were never in the spirit of the game of rugby league.

Gus Gould??

There's this thing called "spirit of the game"

Where are the rules that determine this "spirit of the game"? How can one determine if they are acting in the spirit of the game ot not?[/quote:3hkqh6ge]

Typical response from a storm fan

I'm pretty certain there is a "spirit of the game" document, don't Melbourne use it for toilet paper?[/quote:3hkqh6ge]

It was a serious question though. If there is no guidelines for it, how can one conform to it? All they can do is play within the rules they are given.

What is in the spirit of the game? For example, is purposely kicking the ball in to touch any more or less in the spirit of the game than purposely kicking the ball dead? No-one seems to whinge when teams kick the ball over the sideline, yet some people whinge over kicking the ball dead. Is it just that kicking the ball in to touch has been around for so long that it is now considered acceptable, whereas kicking the ball dead is only a recent tactic.

I'd like to see how people opinions would differ if Bellamy was coach of the Broncos, as could have been the case.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If anyone thinks grapple tackles are within the realms of fair play they are deadset delusional.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Scotty said:
If anyone thinks grapple tackles are within the realms of fair play they are deadset delusional.

Thats a great example, to identify things which are in the spirit of the game, one is to use common sense, now I know that will be tough for some people...

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Scotty said:

Or Storm Fans

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Scotty said:

While it is within the rules it is fair play. Now it is illegal so therefore it isn't.

It's funny but because after the Storm started to dominate the ruck every single team in the comp then employed wrestling coaches because it was super effective in winning the ruck.

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Je$ter said:
Scotty said:

While it is within the rules it is fair play. Now it is illegal so therefore it isn't.

It's funny but because after the Storm started to dominate the ruck every single team in the comp then employed wrestling coaches because it was super effective in winning the ruck.

So safety of players and quality of games means nothing when you're winning, nice one - what a bunch of damn fwits

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ddd said:
Je$ter said:
Scotty said:

So safety of players and quality of games means nothing when you're winning, nice one - what a bunch of damn fwits

I like you, you have BALLS!!

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
I'm not a hero, I just hate the Melbourne storm

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
ddd said:
Je$ter said:
Scotty said:

Perhaps it does, but it's the NRLs job to enforce it, not the Storms or any other teams. Melbourne Storm are simply playing within the rules set by the NRL. It's not Mebournes fault if the rules are dangerours.

How can any team play to a bunch of mythical rules called "spirit of the game", which are subjectional at best?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Je$ter said:
Scotty said:

Did they really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Evander
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • mitch222
  • Kev_Guz
  • BroncoFan94
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Aldo
  • something
  • Johnny92
  • Porthoz
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.