Anzac Test

Don't like DCE on the bench, waste of time and Gillett should be in the team ahead of Watmong.

Also interesting they've named Gallen as VC.

Because for a change captain and deputy aren't both queenslanders

Outside of Watmough and Cerry-Evans I like the side, don't know who Watmough is sleeping with to get picked in these sides honestly and I like DCE but I see no value in picking a 7 on a bench, definitely should have picked Gillett as the utility.

Would have Gillett as no. 14 on the bench instead of DCE, who can really only play in the halves, unless Sheens thinks he's going to need to rest Thurston or Cronk... :duh:

NZ selection indicates Beale will be centre with Hoffman at FB.
Big bench from the Kiwis as well.

Should make for an interesting game!

Well Sheens has routinely put Ryan, Brown, Ashyford on his benches in the past so who would know what he is thinking.

Would have Gillett as no. 14 on the bench instead of DCE, who can really only play in the halves, unless Sheens thinks he's going to need to rest Thurston or Cronk... :duh:

NZ selection indicates Beale will be centre with Hoffman at FB.
Big bench from the Kiwis as well.

Should make for an interesting game!

NZ selection is in alphabetical order sorted by surname.

DCE at 14 most likely means that he'll be selected on the bench for QLD, too, which I like for two reasons: it deprives the Maroons of a more versatile utility, and it deprives Manly of their good player for the length of the series.

I think Gillett can count himself unlucky not to to be on the bench ahead of DCE.

I'd have picked Myles in front of Watmong.

DCE at 14 most likely means that he'll be selected on the bench for QLD, too, which I like for two reasons: it deprives the Maroons of a more versatile utility, and it deprives Manly of their good player for the length of the series.

It also gives him Origin experience and allows him to be eased into a starting halfback role when Thurston and Cronk retire. Love the idea of it.

Well yeah, but I think it might be smart to have DCE hang off the bench and give him some experience. He's definitely the next in line for the halfback spot if something goes wrong with Cronk. Not sure how they plan to use him though...
The same way Qld used Cronk.

I am with Beads, Myles is a lot better than Watmong.

Honestly some of you people are so one eyed that it's actually a little bit ridiculous. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Watmough selection. Have you people got a short memory? He's been in great form for for a while now, despite not being his "best" this year he's been far from terrible. He's an experienced player and a damn good backrow option from the bench. He's a player that has so much to his game.

Gillett has been way better than Watmough this year but Australian teams don't get selected on form and so they shouldn't.

The team is a damn good team. Beads there's nothing wrong with Taylor starting in the second row. He started there today and absolutely tore the Warriors a new one.

As for Boyd - Again, hasn't been his brilliant best but who else would you select? He's a quality player who has never let any QLD or Aus team down, and we all know what a quality finisher he is.

Whatmong....pfftt!!

He's been sh*t for a while now. An absolute myth

If the team hasn't been picked on form how does Tamou & Taylor get a start?

Though I can't explain Boyd.......incumbent winger? B.Morris has been in far better form

Agree with most in that Gillett would have been a better selection than DCE.

As always, we will have to play it tough to beat the Kiwis

Off topic but why is Anthony Watmough nicknamed Choc???.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Harry Sack
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Morkel
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Brotherdu
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.