Anzac Test

Nobody ever accused me of being literate :smile:

Reckon McGuire is in better form than Tamou.

Watmaugh has been in TERRIBLE form this year for Manly and was easily Australia's worst player in the 4 Nations. I have no idea why he was selected. I would have either Myles or Bird in for him. As much as Bird is a dirty wife-basher, he has been in epic form for the Titans.

I'd also have Morris on the wing instead of Boyd. But if they want to play our QLDers into form, then go right ahead!

----

Also, dunno why NZ are so upset that we selected Tamou when they selected Hoffman and Beale who are both Aussies. :confused: I don't care personally if these players want to pledge allegiance to the opposition if that's who they feel close to, but surely the NZ media needs to stfu about it. Also, remember former QLD Maroon Fien swapping over to the Kiwis too.....:rash:

Last edited:
Reckon McGuire is in better form than Tamou.
:

I would have thought so as well. The Tamou selection is a joke and is purely based on him choosing NSW over NZ IMO.

Hypocritical article by Ricketts declaring Tamou was wrong in declaring his allience to Australia and NSW. He had no problems a few weeks ago as Meninga was trying to coax Taumololo into an Australian and Maroon jumper.

Pretty stupid team by Ben Glover. No idea who he is no idea if he has laced a boot. I think Carney deserves a spot on the bench though (at least)

Pretty stupid team by Ben Glover. No idea who he is no idea if he has laced a boot. I think Carney deserves a spot on the bench though (at least)

How is that relevant? **** me, you don't need to be a former player to understand how the game is played and who deserves selection or not.

Don't understand the Carney love. Yes, he's playing good, yes, he's probably in better form than Soward and Campese and should be the front runner for NSW. But he has not been playing spectacularly enough to be considered on the bench for Australia. DCE has easily been playing better in a beaten side, if you are going to have a half on the bench he is next in line.

Hypocritical article by Ricketts declaring Tamou was wrong in declaring his allience to Australia and NSW. He had no problems a few weeks ago as Meninga was trying to coax Taumololo into an Australian and Maroon jumper.

Difference between Tamou and Taumololo is that Tamou was selected in the kiwis's training squad last year. He also played for the junior kiwis and New Zealand Maori.

Secondly, Taumololo represented Australia and Qld as a schoolboy so Mal was quite justified in querying his representative allegiance.

Except Cronk can play in other positions. Not just the halves.

What positions are these and why can DCE not do the same? He's a good defender, wouldn't be asking much at all for him to take a scoot from dummy half or act as another distributor with Cronk and Thurston able to play wider. There is absolutely no reason why DCE cannot take Cronk's utility job.

Jeb I don't think Aus normally name a VC do they?

As for DCE maybe the thinking is for him to come on as half and Cronk then become the utility, which would be stupid but he does seem an odd selection as utility. I can't really think of any way to put him in the game, not at 9 or 7 which only leaves 13. Possibly he won't get a run unless we have an injury at 9 7 or 6.

New Zealand's starting side:

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
4. Simon Mannering
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Sam McKendry
9. Issac Luke
10. Ben Matulino
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Adam Blair
13. Jeremy Smith

14. Nathan Fien
15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
16. Jesse Bromwich
17. Alex Glenn

18. Gerard Beale

If I were the coach, I'd have Glenn starting ahead of Pritchard... but then again, I'm biased. :cheesy:

Couple of Aussies in that team. Don't know what NZ are whinging about TBH.

The real weak link for the Kiwis is the centre pairing. SKD is good with the ball in hand but his defence can be suspect and Mannering is out of position. Hodges will run rings around him in his current form.

Wow that's a great team!

No it's not. It's a bloody awesome spine surrounded by average to good players. Outside of Johnson, Benji and Luke I don't think they have one player who would even get a look in in the Australian team.

If their forwards are somehow able to compete, then Luke, Benji and Johnson will be absolute dynamite to watch. If they don't though, it will be another ANZAC test blowout.

I'm tipping the kiwis

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • ostin86
  • whykickamoocow
  • Financeguy
  • The Don
  • Broncosarethebest
  • jd87
  • Bish
  • winslow_wong
  • broncos4life
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • thenry
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Astro
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.