Anzac Test

Couple of Aussies in that team. Don't know what NZ are whinging about TBH.

Fox sports news were reporting that 6 players out of the 19 man squad were born (and grew up in) Australia.

I think the kiwis would have been far better off by having Beale start in the centers, Mannering to the back row, with blair back to the bench.

What was the point of playing DCE? he didn't even get on the field. It seams like he was there just in case Thurston or Cronk got an injury... we would have been better off playing Gillett, at least he could be used.

Issac Luke never fails to amaze me with his inability to pass a ball at the right moment. He's a hooker, it's not like it's his job to realise when to feed the backline. I just wish he was eligible for NSW.

Watmough had a good game, pretty sure I saw DCE more than Choc.

Can't wait for SoO.

What was the point of playing DCE? he didn't even get on the field. It seams like he was there just in case Thurston or Cronk got an injury... we would have been better off playing Gillett, at least he could be used.

Agreed, although in fairness to Sheens, I think DCE was selected to only get a run if we were up by a million or injury.

Fairly arrogant selection by Australia.

Cool to see the Broncos boys from both aus and nz, including Gillett and Beale taking a photo and then chatting amongst themselves, would love to see that picture.

Issac Luke never fails to amaze me with his inability to pass a ball at the right moment. He's a hooker, it's not like it's his job to realise when to feed the backline. I just wish he was eligible for NSW.

Watmough had a good game, pretty sure I saw DCE more than Choc.

Can't wait for SoO.

then they must have been showing the bench heaps of times, because he only left it to cheer for an Aussie try

Sounded like a good game. I heard the 15 minutes when driving to the bus station. (I saw the Reds play tonight).

Dunno if it's bias or not, but I thought Hannant and Glenn were the best players for their respective sides.

Who was the blonde kid on the sideline with the players? Must've won some sort of competition. Free flights, accommodation, team kit, some money and even gets to sit with the players. If he was allowed on the field, that would've been a hell of a prize.

What a lucky kid.

Also as for Luke, he's clearly by FAR the best dummy half running hooker in the world. His passing game, especially off the ground, is really poor though. Still, NZ looked far better with him out there than with Fien.

Dunno if it's bias or not, but I thought Hannant and Glenn were the best players for their respective sides.

Completely agreed. Was surprised by how good Glenn was, after fairly meh performances in the 4N last year.

Pretty happy with all 5 Broncos. Thaiday probably the worst of the lot (not bad though), that may have something to do with my general dislike of him this year.

Not a bad game. Tamou played ok but not well enough to deny Civo or Merrin or McGuire a run. Congrates to NSW for giving him an AUS jersey, I hope they follow through with the rest of the deal and play him in origin because he hasn't got much.

Are we all convinced now Kearney has no clue? 2 kiwi tries, 1a dummy half barge over, the other an intercept. their attack was, dare I say it, Parralysed?

Are we all convinced now Kearney has no clue? 2 kiwi tries, 1a dummy half barge over, the other an intercept. their attack was, dare I say it, Parralysed?

Kearney is used to losing, he wouldn't know what to do if he won.

Nice to see Hodges and Thaiday go easy on Hoffman when he was running back injured in the first half.

That was a very entertaining game. I certainly enjoyed it.

Strange match in a lot of ways.

You'd say Australia had NZ beat in every facet of the game yet a lack of execution meant we only won by 8 in a tense game.

Thought all the Broncos were impressive especially Hannant who was my pick of the bunch & MotM.

Good signs from the Qld spine. That spread they've got going is awesome.

Active Now

• marw
  • john1420
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ettybay
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.