Anzac Test

One of Freddie's best ever jokes, at least he made the comments before Thursto's MOTM performance.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...hnathan-thurston/story-fn31yxah-1226334935961

NRL great Brad Fittler says Jarryd Hayne should be the Australian Test five-eighth ahead of Johnathan Thurston - he just needs to want it badly enough.

In a stunning show of faith on the eve of the annual City-Country clash, Fittler says Hayne is a better option in the Kangaroos No. 6 - and could already be there if his club side, Parramatta, had persisted with him in the playmaker role.

Hurr hurr hurr

Whats next fittler, Hayne to be the next Immortal? He just needs to want it enough right?

I mean, who really listens to Fittler anyway :rolleyes:

That's laughable. Why would anyone pick Hayne ahead of Thurston for the 5/8th position?.

Great hard contest. Hannant played really well but thought Gallon was just as good if not better. Thurston deserved MOTM. Everytime the guy touched the ball he made something happen. Along with Cronk and Smith and the explosive Uate these guys all grew a leg and even Luke Lewis played well. Most of the Broncos from the both sides had strong solid games, Hodges especially but thought Hoffman and Glenn were the standouts for us on the losing side.
Kiwis were in it for most of the match but poor ball handling and missed tackles really made it uphill for 'em. Enjoyed the game!:smile:

Guys, we've asked Broncoman to keep the Qld vs NSW talk to the origin forum - same goes for everyone.

Was a good first half, 2nd half I was either tired or it was boring... not too sure. Anyway, agreed Hannant made good charges up the middle. Flame me now, but I wasn't that impressed by Cronk, not too sure why; I found him a bit 1 dimensional.

Was a good first half, 2nd half I was either tired or it was boring... not too sure. Anyway, agreed Hannant made good charges up the middle. Flame me now, but I wasn't that impressed by Cronk, not too sure why; I found him a bit 1 dimensional.

I thought he went alright but geez you could notice Lockyer not being there last night. We just seemed to lack that really genuine class and poise inside the Kiwis' 20m, that Lockyer used to provide. I know I am not making any bold statements by saying this, but Queensland is going to find things so much tougher this year without Lockyer. I still think we will win but I just don't know about those really tense situations where you need someone to come up with something to get you out of jail. Perfect example is game 1 of last year's series when the Blues hit the front with about 10 minutes left. I was still confident we would win, and the main reason for that confidence is because we had Lockyer on the field. He tells Slater 3 tackles before the last to stay inside him - what amazing vision for forethinking that was. Cronk and Thurston are players that just play what's in front of them, and there's nothing wrong with that, but knowing that from tackle 1, Lockyer is planning a move on tackle 5, gives you so much more confidence that Queensland would come up with the right play (or Australia in this case obviously).

Having said that, Queensland 3-0 with 20+ margin in all 3 games :-P

One of Freddie's best ever jokes, at least he made the comments before Thursto's MOTM performance.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...hnathan-thurston/story-fn31yxah-1226334935961

Hurr hurr hurr

fittler_wideweb__430x289.jpg

Hurrrrrrrrrr hurrrrrrrrrrrrr

Geezus, I know we're at BHQ land here but you wouldn't be a bit bias around here would ya? Give credit where credits due. The newish Cronk and Thurston combo went well and will only get more polished in time. And miss Lockyer yeah course but get over it and start backing these 2 guys who'll be doing it for you in origin. And how you found the second half boring when the kiwis were in it up till the 69th minute? :confused: Go watch some afl - that'll put you on the nod.
Maybe we're just starved down here for footy so anything league we get we appreciate bigtime! And look forward to the City vs Country clash tomorrow to belt the crap outta each other.

Let's just be clear here -- NZ were NEVER in it. A fortunate intercept from Shaun Johnson helped create the illusion that this was somehow a closish match -- it was not. It was a rather error riddled grind where Australia's superiority in almost every facet of the game slowly choked the life out of a team that was being led by an inept Marshall. The only real surprise was that Australia weren't up by 30 half-time. Which was unfortunate for DCE, but I'm sure he enjoyed the holiday.

Let's just be clear here -- NZ were NEVER in it. A fortunate intercept from Shaun Johnson helped create the illusion that this was somehow a closish match -- it was not. It was a rather error riddled grind where Australia's superiority in almost every facet of the game slowly choked the life out of a team that was being led by an inept Marshall. The only real surprise was that Australia weren't up by 30 half-time. Which was unfortunate for DCE, but I'm sure he enjoyed the holiday.

Yeah that's right error riddled on the kiwis side and if they hadn't the game would have been even closer. And "helped create the illusion" crikey yeah that's real clear thinking! Anyway I enjoyed it - and isn't that the main thing! :haha:

Don't mind Ari Gold. He believes test football is irrelevant. It could be the greatest game of all time and he'd find something to bag about it.

That said, he's right. It was a lacklustre game, kiwis had nothing.

I didn't enjoy the game.
I thought Cronk was 1 dimensional too. Every time he got the ball he put the kick up. When it finally went to Thurston things happenned. I hope it was just nerves, but the class difference between Thurston/Locky and Cronk/Thurston was obvious from the 20th minute.

REALLY impressed with Taylor's performance. He surprised me. Showed what he is capable of. Another GI type player that lifts for the big games I'd say.

I thought Watmeow was awful and I don't understand why he keeps getting picked in these rep sides? Especially since he has been awful for Manly too.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Johnny92
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Clintos
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Big Del
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • mitch222
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.