Ashes Discussion

Not a valid opinion because he hasn't taken as many test wickets.
Yes it is valid. All opinions valid!
But I should have specified in this game Leach is better.
Also a monkeys arsehole is a better spinner than Lyon!

Lyon sucks he really, really sucks!
🐐=Greatly Overrated (of) All Time!

It is when the difference is 10 wickets and currently Nathan has bowled in 6 innings versus Leach’s 5.
Boland has 5 more wickets than Broad in 2 less innings.

Who do you think is the better test bowler?

Boland has 5 more wickets than Broad in 2 less innings.

Who do you think is the better test bowler?
Scott has bowled levels better than Stuart this test series. You’ve been sweating on a shit Lyon innings now for 4 tests to save yourself from a clearly embarrassing statement a month back. Yet in that shit innings he still snagged half the amount of wickets Leach has for the series and same amount he had at the start of today. We get it you fucken hate Lyon so do us a favour and shut the **** up with your clear biases and whinging without being able to suggest someone who can realistically do better for **** sakes. Like seriously your kidding yourself if you reckon someone could. You can suggest that an innings wasn’t good enough but you have been bagging him at an excessive and inappropriate rate for the way he has been bowling this series, which is far better than your behaviour suggests.

Scott has bowled levels better than Stuart this test series. You’ve been sweating on a shit Lyon innings now for 4 tests to save yourself from a clearly embarrassing statement a month back. Yet in that shit innings he still snagged half the amount of wickets Leach has for the series and same amount he had at the start of today. We get it you fucken hate Lyon so do us a favour and shut the **** up with your clear biases and whinging without being able to suggest someone who can realistically do better for **** sakes. Like seriously your kidding yourself if you reckon someone could. You can suggest that an innings wasn’t good enough but you have been bagging him at an excessive and inappropriate rate for the way he has been bowling this series, which is far better than your behaviour suggests.
Solid rant Fitzy but it didn't answer the question :rofl

Thank you for proving my point that we should not use one series to judge a player.

Ok let’s use his career of over 400 wicket
Genuine question, do you think Cook was a better batsman than Michael Hussey?

He did score 12,000+ test runs.. almost double the amount that Hussey did.

Edit: before you rant back at me, this post is just to show the issue with using one stat to argue how great a player is.

Green looking a little more comfortable... thinking the cut through point off Leach for 3 may have been a circuit breaker.

He came looking for a similar shot earlier but missed his footwork as he went too far on the front foot initially and then couldn't get back quick enough. On the shot I speak of he picked up the length much quicker and played it quite nicely with nice timing

Hoping he survives the next little bit to see how he goes

Genuine question, do you think Cook was a better batsman than Michael Hussey?

He did score 12,000+ test runs.. almost double the amount that Hussey did.
Tell me how this is relevant when Leach has the exact same average as Lyon and Lyon has played 103 tests. With significantly more wickets. The same bowling average over time doesn’t give the same amount of wickets it is in reference to runs every wicket. Lyon takes wickets like every spinner, they are atttacking weapons not economical and stopping runs if he picks up wickets their is no issue with a 30 average. Go ask any expert, your and every other persons amateur opinion is not correct. You definitely cannot compare bowling averages the same way with batting averages in the context of time.

I will allow you to have your opinion on Lyon that’s fine I agree he is nowhere near as good as he is said to be now or over his career. However he is far better than Jack Leach who is not even that economical and doesn’t take that many wickets either.

Tell me how this is relevant when Leach has the exact same average as Lyon and Lyon has played 103 tests. With significantly more wickets. The same bowling average over time doesn’t give the same amount of wickets it is in reference to runs every wicket. Lyon takes wickets like every spinner, they are atttacking weapons not economical and stopping runs if he picks up wickets their is no issue with a 30 average. Go ask any expert, your and every other persons amateur opinion is not correct. You definitely cannot compare bowling averages the same way with batting averages in the context of time.
So you think Leach wont improve that average with experience?

Interestingly that's exactly what Lyon did.

So you think Leach wont improve that average with experience?

Interestingly that's exactly what Lyon did.
That’s true but leach can barely hold off crane and bess at his age of 30 there isn’t much more test cricket for him.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • The Strapper
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • lynx000
  • Dazza 92
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Stix
  • rj9
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • GCBRONCO
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.