Aus v India Tests

Browny said:
and just when we are looking good we lose 3 wickets quickly.

FMD can we ever play 2 decent sessions in a row

Not when we depend on Ponting and Clarke at 3 and 4. Both are 50+ or bugger all type players.

dont forget duck or ton north.

Hussey will get stuck with the tail again. Good thing the tail can wag

Coxy said:
Browny said:

Not when we depend on Ponting and Clarke at 3 and 4. Both are 50+ or bugger all type players.

LOL get off the grass, Clarke is normally good. Punter is in the twilight of his career needs to go now but will stay until he is pushed. We need Watson at 3.

Screw cricket...guys the badminton is on.... badminton icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:
Browny said:

LOL get off the grass, Clarke is normally good. Punter is in the twilight of his career needs to go now but will stay until he is pushed. We need Watson at 3.

Who would you have as opener instead of Watto? I like the idea as No 3 is really no different to being an opener

Browny said:
Bucking Beads said:
Coxy said:
Browny said:

Who would you have as opener instead of Watto? I like the idea as No 3 is really no different to being an opener

You would have Hughes opening and your best batsmen is at 3 who is Watson. Watto batted 3 basically his whole life but as you say there isn't much difference. I just think Punter isn't good enough to bat 3 anymore.

My 11

Hughes
Katich
Watson
Clarke
Ponting*
Hussey
Paine
Smith
Johnson
Hauritz
Bollinger

If punter doesnt retire. If he does they all shuffle up and Harris or Hilfy come in

Browny said:
My 11

Hughes
Katich
Watson
Clarke
Ponting*
Hussey
Paine
Smith
Johnson
Hauritz
Bollinger

If punter doesnt retire. If he does they all shuffle up and Harris or Hilfy come in

Hussey needs to go and Hilfy really needs to be in the side.. Also Ferguson at 5 is what I need with Smith at 6.

Agreed on Hilfy. Has to be there!

Bucking Beads said:
Browny said:
My 11

Hughes
Katich
Watson
Clarke
Ponting*
Hussey
Paine
Smith
Johnson
Hauritz
Bollinger

Hussey needs to go and Hilfy really needs to be in the side.. Also Ferguson at 5 is what I need with Smith at 6.

Probably but Im biaised for Hussey.

At least we have depth when the selectors want to use it.

Another batting collapse. It's almost a given these days for the Aussies to have at least one innings die in the arse per match.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Another batting collapse. It's almost a given these days for the Aussies to have at least one innings die in the arse per match.

Totally agree, Indians are bowling better though. Hussey and North have to take most of the blame for the majority of our collapses IMO.

Absolutely, our middle order too fragile these days.

Couple of early strikes though before stumps, so looks a bit promising.

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Major JW Hochstetter":2ufsb5fy]Another batting collapse. It's almost a given these days for the Aussies to have at least one innings die in the arse per match.

Totally agree, Indians are bowling better though. Hussey and North have to take most of the blame for the majority of our collapses IMO.[/quote:2ufsb5fy]

Yep its their fault they were given out incorrectly [icon_razz1

But yes they should stop the rot

Can't understand why Ponting is persisting with Haury now that Zaheer is gone. Sachin and Laxman are toying with him at the moment.

Dougy gets Sachin. I reckon India are still very slight favourites, but that's the one we needed.

Yeah 90-odd runs to go isn't many especially with Laxman and Dhoni in

Meat77 said:
Yeah 90-odd runs to go isn't many especially with Laxman and Dhoni in

Yep, need to get one of these blokes out in the next 40 runs IMO.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • winslow_wong
  • K-Style
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • NYCDB
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Santa
  • Jason Simmons
  • Johnny92
  • BruiserMk1
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Howie
  • Gaz
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.