Aus v India Tests

Coxy said:
He's supposed to be one of the most talented Australian batsmen in decades, and yet can't average 50 at test level.

Who said he was the most talented in decades?? Watson would have been better had his body held up... But you hate him to right??

Browny said:
Beads the brick wall always wins

you mean his agenda always wins.. He fails to replace Clarke with a better player though.

Who said anything about Watson? He's proven me wrong well and truly. Playing great. He's still a douchebag though.

Jesus tap dancing Christ...

Misfiring North gets selectors backing

Australia's selectors have backed middle-order batsman Marcus North despite him making three ducks in his previous three Tests. North has scored more than 10 only thrice in 13 second innings, but the chairman of selectors, Andrew Hilditch, indicated that he could still win a place in the Ashes squad.

''No player is safe in international cricket, you've got to perform,'' Hilditch told Sydney Morning Herald. ''What we do know is that he [North] was in excellent form in the tour game, he's scored hundreds at international level, he's scored hundreds against England. He is a very classy player. He'd be disappointed he failed, like any other player.''

http://www.cricinfo.com/india-v-austral ... 80291.html

[eusa_doh [icon_non [eusa_doh

Wow, hundreds whilst under little pressure over a year ago and "some excellent form" in a tour game (where it all counts!). It really is harder to get out of the Australian team than it is to get in.

They'll keep defending this bloke until he arses another hundred on a flat deck after coming in at 4/400 and then say they've been vindicated.

The bloody man love in this team and the selectors is a joke.

We need to get Ferguson in the team.. He has a great attitude.

Well North has passed the rare milestone of 20, so he should get to 3 figures now. He looked pretty solid heading into stumps.

Dunno whether this is a good thing or a bad thing [icon_lol1.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Well North has passed the rare milestone of 20, so he should get to 3 figures now. He looked pretty solid heading into stumps.

Dunno whether this is a good thing or a bad thing [icon_lol1.

North always seems to stand up the test before he will be dropped. He still needs to go regardless of what he makes this test. Clarkeys form is a bit alarming also.

Well, right on cue North makes an excellent hundred.

If the selectors weren't going to drop him after such a horribly long run of dodgy form, then you can pretty much bet that retirement will be the only way he'll exit the side now.

Nevertheless, really good innings.

I'm tipping his next 30+ score will be in the fourth Ashes Test.

Jeba said:
I'm tipping his next 30+ score will be in the fourth Ashes Test.

I reckon you are right, when North makes runs he looks so good, it is a shame he can't do it more consistently.

Any wonder Test Cricket suffers on the subcontinent with these highways they're playing on. Haury's straight breaks are getting tonked at will.

Huss drops Sehwag, that would've been huge.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Huss drops Sehwag, that would've been huge.

Doesn't much matter seeing as he got out the next over!

Yep. And just when I thought that'd be the big wicket, we get toweled by the newbies, lol. Well played India.

Ponting's captaincy is an utter disgrace.

God I'd love to see this Cricket team and it's selectors cleaned out good and proper, even before the Ashes. The whole setup just oozes mediocrity and it's sad to see things get this way (not just with regards to results).

Warne was giving it to Ponting on Twitter apparently.

Coxy said:
Warne was giving it to Ponting on Twitter apparently.

Yep and so he should. Warne would have been the best Captain of all time had he been given the job.

Active Now

• barker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • phoenix
  • Skyblues87
  • Battler
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • upthebroncs
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.