CRICKET Australia v India

I must admit I didn't think I'd ever see Green get a century in India.

What a sad way to go but this is a good platform now for Carey to play freely.

Carey needs to score some runs soon because there’s no way he’s locked himself into this side

Carey needs to score some runs soon because there’s no way he’s locked himself into this side

Not sure who is going better than him, that’s the problem.

Going in Carey's favor is that he's (almost) got through a tour of India without any talk about his keeping on some tricky decks, which is a good sign. Haddin and Wade had some shockers over there.

This looks to be a pretty crucial partnership from the Aussies, means we have really batted India out of the game

India's inning should be interesting. Did we bat well or did they prepare a dud pitch in hope of a draw?

Don't look that far back then. There was a reason he was in and out of the side at one point. He couldn't make consistent scores in his earlier years. Add to the fact that he was seen as your first drop, Smith basically exploded the same time he was in and around the team and shore his spot up. He wasn't displacing Clarke at 4 and his batting at 5 and 6 isn't very good from an average point I'm pretty sure.

This. I can't remember too many people complaining when he was dropped. Everyone knew he had huge potential but he didn't put it together.
He was averaging around 40 when dropped.
If you can't remember people complaining about him being dropped, the people you talk to don't know much about cricket.

He was averaging around 40 when dropped.
If you can't remember people complaining about him being dropped, the people you talk to don't know much about cricket.

That's not the full story though- he averaged 20.3 in the 2019 Ashes- Smith came back from being knocked out and Marnus had emerged.

He came back and averaged 18 for the Bulls. Still got a gig for Aus A and got three.

21 he plunders runs for the Bulls with 460 runs at 65 and a great 70 against WA when no Bull got double digits on a tough day.

Recalled for the Ashes- 21/22 and Head gets Covid- in and scores runs and stayed in since.

He had to be dropped during the Ashes and had to be recalled when he was recalled.

No such thing as a hard luck story averaging 20 for a series or 18 for your state.

That LBW review by Pujara is straight out of the Watson playbook.

That's not the full story though- he averaged 20.3 in the 2019 Ashes- Smith came back from being knocked out and Marnus had emerged.

He came back and averaged 18 for the Bulls. Still got a gig for Aus A and got three.

21 he plunders runs for the Bulls with 460 runs at 65 and a great 70 against WA when no Bull got double digits on a tough day.

Recalled for the Ashes- 21/22 and Head gets Covid- in and scores runs and stayed in since.

He had to be dropped during the Ashes and had to be recalled when he was recalled.

No such thing as a hard luck story averaging 20 for a series or 18 for your state.
Oh, I forgot he averaged 20 in those Ashes, the fact Warner, Bancroft and Harris averaged about 10 doesn't matter though.

I'm sure guys like Finch, Harris, Bancroft, Maddinson etc all deserved to be there ahead of Usman at the times they were. I'm sure that list could be doubled, as Usman debuted over a decade ago and only has 60 tests.

This match has died in the arse on what seems to be a bit of road compared to the other pitches

Kohli finally gets a century in a nothing result lol

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Scorchie
  • Lozza
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manifesto
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Cavalo
  • LittleDavey
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.