CRICKET Australia v Pakistan Series

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Pakistan have a good side forming, shame they don't have the likes of Rauf, Shah, Khan

This is a side that should be good for some time to come:

1. Imam-Ul-Haq
2. Shafique (just don't let him field in the slips)
3. (Ali) (Akram) (Ayub)
4. Azam
5. Shakeel
6. Rizwan
7. Salman
8. (Khan)
9. Jamal
10. Shan Afridi
11. (Ahmed) (Rauf) (Shah) (Ali)

Looking forward to seeing how they develop over the next 5-10 years. Who knows, next time they come to Australia, things might be very different as a lot of the Aussie side will have retired but these guys above will be at their peaks.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Cummins is the first quick I’d pick in my all-time Australian Test XI .. he’s just beyond great

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
And I don't need an excuse for a list but as things stand, this would be my Aussie test XI of all time:

1. Hayden
2. Morris
3. Bradman
4. Smith
5. Ponting
6. S.Waugh (c)
7. Gilchrist (wk)
8. Warne
9. Cummins
10. Lillee
11. McGrath

Honestly, I would be umming and ahhing about not having Border there and would seriously consider omitting Ponting for Waugh and Border to be at 5 and 6 but Ponting just has to be there. This isn't even including some other amazing bats like G.Chappell and Trumper. Khawaja too would be in that next level down with Warner, Langer, Clarke, etc. You could honestly have a freakishly strong 'A' side too, look at this:

1. Trumper
2. Langer
3. G.Chappell
4. Miller
5. Clarke
6. Border (c)
7. Healy (wk)
8. Johnson
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Lindwall

Something like that.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
This is my ‘best XI from the players I’ve watched since I was a kid’ ..

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Smith
S.Waugh
Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Cummins
Harris
McGrath

Feel dirty & disgusting for leaving the great Allan Border out but I have a massive man-crush on both M & D Hussey.. I reckon Mike Hussey was just about the perfect Test number six and would’ve racked up a five digit Test tally of runs if he wasn’t squeezed out by that golden era Aust team

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Quickest Australian to 250 wickets.

Lillee-48 Tests
Warne-55 Tests
McGrath-55 Tests
Cummins-57 Tests
Johnson-57 Tests

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
And I don't need an excuse for a list but as things stand, this would be my Aussie test XI of all time:

1. Hayden
2. Morris
3. Bradman
4. Smith
5. Ponting
6. S.Waugh (c)
7. Gilchrist (wk)
8. Warne
9. Cummins
10. Lillee
11. McGrath

Honestly, I would be umming and ahhing about not having Border there and would seriously consider omitting Ponting for Waugh and Border to be at 5 and 6 but Ponting just has to be there. This isn't even including some other amazing bats like G.Chappell and Trumper. Khawaja too would be in that next level down with Warner, Langer, Clarke, etc. You could honestly have a freakishly strong 'A' side too, look at this:

1. Trumper
2. Langer
3. G.Chappell
4. Miller
5. Clarke
6. Border (c)
7. Healy (wk)
8. Johnson
9. Starc
10. Lyon
11. Lindwall

Something like that.
Id have gilly at 2 to fit border in

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
And the garbage short ball barrage tactic gets another wicket via the stacked leg side field.

It's like playing zone defence... just chuck fielders out to cover as much ground as possible and then wait for them to have a swing.

God I hate it as a tactic

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
And another short ball wicket to a nothing shot and stacked leg side

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Annnnd another short ball wicket... also another 5fa for Pat

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If I were a batsman, I'd be moving every few balls to smack it onside. There is almost zero risk.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
And another.
I hate it... they talk about the death of test cricket and if they start to turn into short ball barrages like the Ashes did.. then that's a real threat, because it was session after session of absolutely nothing until the batters got so fucking bored they decided to have a swing... and then got out

Active Now

• ostin86
  • RolledOates
  • Galah
  • Skyblues87
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.