Australia vs India - Test Series

The last sentence is the problem, Short isn't hitting anything. Hopefully he makes up for it.
Did not realise we have only Wade left... Abbott is not an all rounder in my eyes.

Seems some terrible selections again

Terrible... yes we need some boundaries but no one has been able to hit Chahal and you go a slog sweep when he has 1 ball left

Last edited:
Ffs can we pick some batsmen instead of allrounders? Painful to watch us bat the last 2 games

I have no idea who is in the squad but next game, I'd love to see (given Finch, Warner, Cummins, Agar, Stoinis, M.Marsh all unavailable):

1. Wade
2. Inglis
3. Lynn
4. Smith
5. Henriques
6. Maxwell
7. Carey
8. Sams
9. Tye
10. Zampa
11. Swepson

Rest the test quicks.

What's becoming increasingly clear to me is that our death bowling is really poor. Unless we address this issue I don't see us standing a chance in the T20 world cup.

Also, get Phillippe in.

This probably should go in the bag things out thread ... because i'm going to bag out Warnie and Chappelli ...

and i'm going to bag them out for wanting to change the laws of cricket to stop batsmen for playing the switch hit shot that Maxwell played on Wednesday.

Personally, I don't see how this shot is any different to the traditional reverse sweep that someone like Steve Waugh played so effectively in the 80's and 90's

Chappelli has even gone as far as to suggest the indian players should revolt to the umpire:

“If I’m captain, I’m going to take the ball myself and I’m going to tell the umpire, ‘I’m bowling right-arm over,’ and then I’m going to run in and bowl around,” Chappell told Wide World of Sports.

“Obviously the umpire’s going to complain, and I’m going to say, ‘Well, you stop him doing something I think is totally unfair, and I’ll stop doing something unfair’.

IMO, if a player want to take the risk of performing a shot that would have an extremely high difficulty rating, more power to them.

they need to change their grip, change their stance and find enough power to hit the ball long, all in less than a second ...

Last edited:
Pujara hits a 50 and Rahane a hundred up front against Aus A, that test series will not be a walkover, India have a seriously strong team even without Kohli.

Pujara hits a 50 and Rahane a hundred up front against Aus A, that test series will not be a walkover, India have a seriously strong team even without Kohli.

Ahh yes I really like Rahane as a player I use to get very nervous when him and Kohli were out in the middle. They have put some really good partnerships together in the past. I remember him taking Johnson on when he was in his prime

Thought Neser and Pattinson were strong yesterday. They bowled really well and it was a difficult day- very hot.

India's batting at times was risky they took some options that lacked batting sense.

Thought Neser and Pattinson were strong yesterday. They bowled really well and it was a difficult day- very hot.

India's batting at times was risky they took some options that lacked batting sense.

I felt all five pacies bowled well and it actually weaponised Head because the Indians tried to go after him as the release.

If I were India, this would be my XI without Kohli:

1. Shaw
2. Rahul/Rohit
3. Pujara
4. Rahane
5. Pandya (yes this one is controversial as there are better bats around but he is just such a gun)
6. Pant
7. Jadeja
8. Ashwin
9. Shami
10. Sharma
11. Bumrah

They have so much depth outside these guy too. They have an extremely strong squad.

Well, the openers for Australia look problematic.

Pucovski smashes one straight to point and out for almost nothing.

Burns gets out leaving one caught behind - yep you read that correctly - looked terrible.

Harris is looking irresistible, I have to say. He is looking absolutely compact and on top of his game (yes I am aware he may well get out now I have said that).

Given Warner is likely out injured and Burns is just looking atrocious, so much so you just can't pick him with any confidence he will score whatsoever, I reckon the first test might have Harris and Pucovski opening and that is exciting.

Yeah I couldn’t complain if Harris replaces Burns. He can’t get a run and just looks like he’s asleep. Missed a chance because he was standing too deep and then gets out leaving a ball lol.

Yeah I couldn’t complain if Harris replaces Burns. He can’t get a run and just looks like he’s asleep. Missed a chance because he was standing too deep and then gets out leaving a ball lol.

Harris looks a totally different player to England. He is calm, in control and moving very confidently in his play. Let's see how he goes against spin now Ashwin is on.

Harris looks a totally different player to England. He is calm, in control and moving very confidently in his play. Let's see how he goes against spin now Ashwin is on.
Yeah ideally Warner pulls up in time and Harris opens with him. If they want Pucovski in the side bat him at 6 for Wade.

But that’s probably not gonna happen and I don’t have much confidence in Burns/Pucovski. Probably be all up to Smith again.

Head gets himself out while looking great once again.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • eggstar10
  • Tristan1990
  • davidp
  • The Strapper
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Dexter
  • Justwin
  • Xzei
  • heartly87
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Broncs1459
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • maddo
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.