Australia vs India - Test Series

Now I know this means he will get out but Harris..is looking like an opener. Though that flick off his legs needs to be reigned in.

What sort of chase would incentivise India to have a go?

Not convinced our bowlers can get them out in 3 sessions or that India will even try for 350. By the same token if we set them 300 to chase in 4 sessions they may just pull it off.

What sort of chase would incentivise India to have a go?

Not convinced our bowlers can get them out in 3 sessions or that India will even try for 350. By the same token if we set them 300 to chase in 4 sessions they may just pull it off.

Try and keep a pace up if wickets don't fall and set 375 with an hour to go tonight.

Try and keep a pace up if wickets don't fall and set 375 with an hour to go tonight.
Maybe a few too many. India would need to survive the hour and then score 100+ runs a session tomorrow.

Highly likely they'll forget the chase and just try bat time like they did at the SCG. I think we have to dangle a carrot around 300-320 and hope that India decides to have a go for it.

Last edited:
Maybe a few too many. India would need to survive the hour and then score 100+ runs a session tomorrow.

Highly likely they'll forget the chase and just try bat time like they did at the SCG. I think we have to dangle a carrot around 300-320 and hope that India decides to have a go for it.

300 max I reckon. Too little and they'll chase it, too much India will bat for a draw.

300 max I reckon. Too little and they'll chase it, too much India will bat for a draw.
Finding that balance is tricky, especially given our quicks were worn down in the field. If they play for a draw I don't fancy us to take 10 wickets.

Finding that balance is tricky, especially given our quicks were worn down in the field. If they play for a draw I don't fancy us to take 10 wickets.

I think it's heading for a draw most likely, I think Australia will err on the side of the most runs possible and hope to have them a few down by the end of play this arvo.

Main thing is they have to score these runs pronto like.

I think it's heading for a draw most likely, I think Australia will err on the side of the most runs possible and hope to have them a few down by the end of play this arvo.

Main thing is they have to score these runs pronto like.
I miss Warne 😔.

Trying to bat time against him was a really bad idea. There was always a sense of inevitability that he would show up and bowl us to victory on day 5 no matter what we were defending.

As for another discussion point, let's say Wade, Warner, Paine and maybe even Pattinson retire after the next Ashes, who is in your XI thereafter?

I miss Warne 😔.

Trying to bat time against him was a really bad idea. There was always a sense of inevitability that he would show up and bowl us to victory on day 5 no matter what we were defending.

Yeah for sure but there is a reason he was the greatest spin bowler (if not bowler) of all time. He was an absolute freak technically AND he was a winner, just had total (understandable) belief in himself.

As for another discussion point, let's say Wade, Warner, Paine and maybe even Pattinson retire after the next Ashes, who is in your XI thereafter?
Here's me having a nice moment of reflection about Warne and the days we were amazing at cricket and then you go and throw the word "retire" in a sentence with Jimmy Pattinson.

I'm not going to indulge that discussion! I'm offended!

Last edited:
Shardul Thakur remind anyone else of Andy Bichel?

Just 100% heart allows him to play above his weight division day in, day out. I like him!

Aussies have done really well this morning. We could easily win this if they stay focussed and keep the run rate up.

Well there goes Harris. I don't know how to describe that other than ugly and something you'd expect a tail ender to do, not a set opener.

Marcus Harris to score 37.

Angry No Way GIF by UEFA

Well there we go, Australia throwing it away once again...how surprising. Once again they leave it to Labs and Smith.

Well there we go, Australia throwing it away once again...how surprising. Once again they leave it to Labs and Smith.

We'd be in the Twilight Zone if they didn't.

Smith looks to have some intent. He knows they need quick runs.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • mrtij
  • Brocko
  • Behold
  • dirtyharry
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • davidp
  • Astro
  • Adammacca
  • Griffo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Spoon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Allo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.