Australia vs India - Test Series

Remember the days when Test Match cricket was king and elite batting pros like Tendulkar And Steve Waugh just completely put away certain shots that were getting them in trouble? Yet Wade seemingly can’t resist a shot you’d expect to see down the stretch of a BBL innings

There's a reason in what you've posted why they are greats and Wade is not.

I think you'd find he contributes a lot more than you'd think. You want him to get some runs or he should go? He's not selected to get big scores.

Embarassing scores for an Aus captain. Plus he keeps exposing the tail at crucial times. I'm not seeing enough from him to continue giving him a pass.

Paine needs to get some freakin' runs or it's time to go.
What are you smoking?

He has scored 1 FC ton in the last 10+ years and never scored a test century. Why would he start scoring runs now?

What's important is that he's won 4 coin tosses in a row, is obviously a good bloke and an even better leader, especially under pressure. Oh, and the casuals love him.

He has at least another few years left in him.

Last edited:
What are you smoking?

He has scored 1 FC ton in the last 10+ years and never scored a test century. Why would he start scoring runs now?

What's important is that he's won 4 coin tosses in a row, is obviously a good bloke and an even better leader, especially under pressure. Oh, and the casuals love him.

He has at least another few years left in him.

Seriously? His leadership on the last day of the previous test was shit house.

He won coin tosses? wow - what a champion.

A decent keeper, a decent batsmen. Australia can and should do better. He gets by on 'being a good bloke' imo.

Same bloke having a dig at Lyon every chance he gets?

lol who cares.

Seriously? His leadership on the last day of the previous test was shit house.

He won coin tosses? wow - what a champion.

A decent keeper, a decent batsmen. Australia can and should do better. He gets by on 'being a good bloke' imo.
A fish always rots from the head.

I wanted him gone after Headingly, along with a certain other member of our team that people strangely rate.

edit: I'm with you on this one Holdzy, my post was pure sarcasm.

Last edited:
A fish always rots from the head.

I wanted him gone after Headingly, along with a certain other member of our team that people strangely rate.

edit: I'm with you on this one Holdzy, my post was pure sarcasm.

haha I thought it might be. But the Lyon thing stands.

Who was the other bloke champion?

Embarassing scores for an Aus captain. Plus he keeps exposing the tail at crucial times. I'm not seeing enough from him to continue giving him a pass.
Exposing the tail? He's been one of our most important batters this summer I'll think you find

Exposing the tail? He's been one of our most important batters this summer I'll think you find

I think his knocks end up being largely inconsequential. I want to see more from him, it's that simple.

It's time to actually lead the team through performance. Winning matches, that is.

haha I thought it might be. But the Lyon thing stands.

Who was the other bloke champion?
The bloke that choked on the run out of Stokes before he hit the winning runs.

Same bloke who's sole job it was to take wickets on day 5 at the SCG and failed.

The bloke that choked on the run out of Stokes before he hit the winning runs.

Same bloke who's sole job it was to take wickets on day 5 at the SCG and failed.

Sole job? Come on.

Look, he's overrated, but he's got runs on the board, so to speak. You can mitigate the numbers all you like but the record book speaks for itself.

I think his knocks end up being largely inconsequential. I want to see more from him, it's that simple.

It's time to actually lead the team through performance. Winning matches, that is.
Ahem. Adelaide test

Don't get me wrong, I like the bloke. I just feel he's still the damage control captain, he hasn't continued to earn his spot otherwise.

Sole job? Come on.

Look, he's overrated, but he's got runs on the board, so to speak. You can mitigate the numbers all you like but the record book speaks for itself.
Alright he leads the team song so I'll give you that as one of his jobs too. The thing is that we have to win first.

To do that requires our batsmen to score runs and our bowlers to take 20 wickets. I'm sure we agree he's not there to bat, so his job (along with our quicks) is to take those wickets.

They failed their job last test, especially he and Starc. The quicks took 12 wickets before Lyon showed up late on day 4. He got a gift from Pant but aside from that basically did nothing on a day 5 pitch - which is when you'd expect your spin bowler to be their most effective.

Don't want to hear about dropped catches and chances created. If it ain't a wicket in the column next to his name it doesn't mean anything.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
  • kiwi2
  • Lurker
  • Volvo Driver
  • peter09
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.